Lemon Cake

donnachris

It is strange that lemoncake is shrouded in So much mystery and bad feelings. Most great strains are celebrated by the breeders, growers, and patients alike. Who is benefitting from all the negativity?

It's actually not so much of a mystery if people go back over the forum and read the many threads about it which always devolve into something that is really unnecessary as you said.

Bad feelings persist and aren't always fixable, that seems to be part of the problem. The biggest thing I feel is the disrespect that's not given to the creator. Something happened beyond his control at a different time and place and he keeps getting slammed for it. It's fricking legal now, and I even had a paranoid tear down that happened spur of the moment awhile back, stuff happens and then we move on, but when you are constantly being slammed by people it becomes hard to let go sometimes.

There is usually a question by a new person and someone (no one in particular) always has to come in and try to intimidate or question MRD on his creation. It's really very petty that people refuse to give respect, then doubt and crucify MRD at every chance they get. He is someone that has given us something special (even though it was a mistake at the time) that probably is being refined as we speak, and I can predict that when a really good stabilized seed form that is up to MRD's standard and vision is finally released it probably won't be the good people here that get access and benefit from it who really need it because of the antagonizing.

Peace,

Porc

It's actually not so much of a mystery if people go back over the forum and read the many threads about it which always devolve into something that is really unnecessary as you said.

Bad feelings persist and aren't always fixable, that seems to be part of the problem. The biggest thing I feel is the disrespect that's not given to the creator. Something happened beyond his control at a different time and place and he keeps getting slammed for it. It's fricking legal now, and I even had a paranoid tear down that happened spur of the moment awhile back, stuff happens and then we move on, but when you are constantly being slammed by people it becomes hard to let go sometimes.

There is usually a question by a new person and someone (no one in particular) always has to come in and try to intimidate or question MRD on his creation. It's really very petty that people refuse to give respect, then doubt and crucify MRD at every chance they get. He is someone that has given us something special (even though it was a mistake at the time) that probably is being refined as we speak, and I can predict that when a really good stabilized seed form that is up to MRD's standard and vision is finally released it probably won't be the good people here that get access and benefit from it who really need it because of the antagonizing.

Peace,

Porc

Personally I respect mrd for the work that he did, but I don't respect his treatment of Justbudz (who saved his asss) and everyone else who grows clones from the seeds he gave Justbudz.

Don't let it bother you Mezz, I got over it long ago and have moved on. Mrd is still a top breeder in my books, works some real magic with his strains.

p.s. got to spend some of my weekend with Kyle Kushman this weekend, was honored that mine was the only medicine that he would use of all the strains in the med tent, simply because it was the only organic meds available.

Took his class at Oaksterdam in Ann Arbor, learned a couple of things that are going to improve my grow techniques, got to meet a mess of really nice folks too. I'd volunteer for weekend duty any time those folks are in town, my job was to keep an 'eye' on the med tent, what a breeze! I've never attended a gathering that had troubles at the med tent...Peace ... j.b.

Personally I respect mrd for the work that he did, but I don't respect his treatment of Justbudz (who saved his asss) and everyone else who grows clones from the seeds he gave Justbudz.

I agree with you as JB did let everyone know how things happened, but it was a different time and place and I've not seen MRD say anything bad of late.

Good to see you got to rub elbows with Mr. Kushman JB, he's a great guy.

Peace,

Porc

For some reason there are those amongst you who think I still am holding something against JB about the lc. I am not happy with what happened but that is water that long ago went under the bridge, out to sea, got swallowed by some drowned sailors, eventually evaporated into the air, and fell as rain, onto a ducks back and slid off back into the stream. Its the ignorance and rudeness from other people, that is disheartening and appalling. Jb made a mistake but it was without malice, it is people who lie to your face, and then gave reasons for lying that are my problem. They thought that giving reasons for passing out lc when they said more than once that they would not, then gave reasons to justify their lying instead of realizing that the main reason I was angry was that they acted like friends but were knowing lying. Jb is not the problem at all. It is the mean spirited asshats who bring this community down that are the problem. That kind of ethics are like cancer. It starts small but takes over. No amount of Simpson oil is going to cure something like that. I suspect that those folks perhaps using a different name that relish my discomfort in an effort to cover over for their own deceptions and inadequacies.

I have notcied that not one of them ever asked how they could adopt the approach that I take. They just like fast food addicts they want their burger now. So they eat a warmed up burger instead of learning to cook and inviting others to their table.

They just like fast food addicts they want their burger now. So they eat a warmed up burger instead of learning to cook and inviting others to their table.

That is a very good reflection of the MUST HAVE NOW mentality that is one of the major failings in today's world. A lot of the younger generation (and still some Old-timers) feel entitled to things they don't earn, or are ready for, and end up failing. Everyone must start with a good mentor and learn from their own mistakes (or jump right in and not pretend to know everything, learning by trial and error), that's the only way it's ever been done and always will be.

Peace,

Porc

Archived