I'm Starting A Coco Hempy Bucket...

Space-Man

My Sour Diesel cuting is going to pop it's little white roots out in the next 1-3 days. And I'm going to start my first Coco Hempy Bucket!

I got my Coco brick, and my Perlite. I'm using a 1.7 gallon (not a lot of space in room) black square trash can, and I'm using R.O. Water.

Can I use my Humboldt Nutrients Natural Grow and Bloom? I also have Humboldt Nutrients Equilibrium (Cal/Mag Supplement?). Do I need to get any Micro Nutrients, or can I get away with just these? I really don't want to buy anything else b/c I am one poor guy. :)If anyone shows interest, I may keep up with posting pics. It will be exciting for me b/c I'm growing another Sour Diesel in a #1 Smart Pot, and I'm eager to see the differences.

Thanks in advance to anyone stopping in, and advice is most welcome!

Space Man

They won't work great. Coco is pretty much hydro, and those are organic nutes. You could pick up some General Hydroponics Maxibloom for like $15 and use 1 tsp per gallon plus the recommended dosage of your cal/mag supplement. PH to 5.8-6.1 and be good to go.

They won't work great. Coco is pretty much hydro, and those are organic nutes. You could pick up some General Hydroponics Maxibloom for like $15 and use 1 tsp per gallon plus the recommended dosage of your cal/mag supplement. PH to 5.8-6.1 and be good to go.

I also have a Botanicare Set remaining from my last grow... They say they are for Hydro, Soil and Coco. So should these work better than Humboldt Nutrients?

Pure Blend Pro Grow (Vegetative Formula)

Pure Blend Pro Bloom (Fruit and Flower Formula)

Sweet-Organic Carbohydrate Synthesizer

Liquid Karma-Biological PLant Growth Catalyst

Cal-Mag (Calcium, Magnesium and Iron Supplement)

Clearex (Nutrient Salt Leaching Solution)

And thanks for the reply!

It bears saying those still are organic nutes so you really aren't going to get the explosive growth you can with coco unless you get some conventional ferts. While not a deal breaker, spending the $15 will repay it self in one harvest in increased yield.

It bears saying those still are organic nutes so you really aren't going to get the explosive growth you can with coco unless you get some conventional ferts. While not a deal breaker, spending the $15 will repay it self in one harvest in increased yield.

I will definitely consider that. I would really love to see this bucket work well, the only thing I need to do is put it under a better light.

I'm using a 400W HPS for my flowering, but I'm only running 6, 4' 13W T5's from Home Depot until I can get a better T5 Grow Light.

It might be exhausting, but I may consider placing the bucket for 12 hours under the HPS, then switch it to Veg Room just to keep it in Veg.

Archived