Petyr Posted September 10, 2011 Report Share Posted September 10, 2011 (edited) I recently became legal under the MMMA so I thought I would share my current grow. I constructed a tent out of PVC and black and white poly down in my basement, 8x8x6' tall. Unfortunately, that is all the higher the ceilings are in my basement. It cost about $100. I am using a 12" HTG fan to exhaust and a Stanley blower for intake. I use the desktop fans set on low under the bulbs to move the heat up and away and a oscillating fan to keep the air in the tent moving. I had one plan for the lights but heat was an issue so I changed it up. I am going to have 2 flower rooms each with 1200w hps and a veg with 1 600 MH. The HPS lights are hooked up to relays, so I can flip flop between the flower rooms every 12 hours. I put a new 220v 30 amp breaker into my breaker box and ran 10/2 over to a hot water heater timer and then to the ballasts and relays all mounted on a board. I have a fan blowing up and the whole deal stays cool to the touch. It looks scary, but everything is up to code as far as wiring size and connections, I just will have to make sure to not allow any 3 year olds near it. The ballasts were $85, the relays $25 and the sockets about $5. Anyways, the plants are in 5 gallon buckets with drains about 2 inches above the bottom. I have mini lava rock on the bottom up to the level of the drain, and the rest of the bucket is filled with 75% canna coco and 25% Napa part 8822 which is diatomaceous earth. I feed them per gallon of tap water 6 ml GH micro, 9 ml GH bloom, 1 ml silica, 2 ml calmag, and .5 ml pH down to get the pH to 5.8. For plants I have 2 clones of a C99 mother I selected. She is very crystally and fruity smelly with good vigor and clonability. I am a bit worried about the stretch as she stretched insane like as a seed, but often clones aren't as bad so we shall see. I have 1 Darkstar, which wasn't anything super special, but its the most indica of the plants I grew from seed, so I did one clone of it. It has decent vigor, but it doesn't seem to handle the heat as well others, so its fallen behind the C99s. I've been getting canoeing of the leaves which will hopefully go away once fall truly and fully arrives. The last clone is a Kushage that has super trich coverage and chunky nugs but is a slower vegging plant. I won't get as much of this, but its pretty strong so I whatever. Anyways, some pics of the plants. Here they are a couple days after I put them in the Hempy buckets, August 12th. And here they are on August 20th. The other plants are from 6 seeds of Deadhead OG which is SFV Og Kush x Chemdawg 91. I got 3 females, 3 males and I will be flowering them out soonish. Here they are on the 25th. The roots have gotten down in to the hempy res at this point. The others are some other random clones/future mothers. And here they are today, September 10th. This is how the lights will stay for flowering. Though disregard the bulb in the upper corner, its a relic. I just topped the biggest C99, once that starts growing again I will flip to 12/12. I am a bit worried about stretch on the C99s so I have to pull the trigger soon. Here is the biggest C99 that I just topped. I took just the very topmost growth of about 8 of the bigger shoots. Here is the smaller C99. It is about 5 days behind the other one because I was not happy with the clone I originally had in this bucket and switched it out 5 days in. Darkstar with the taco leaves. and the Kushage So thats where I stand now. I figure a week or so and then its flowering time. Edited September 10, 2011 by Petyr Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.