1200W Barebulb Vertical Grow

Petyr

• 1 month later...

Well pic uploading is broken it seems, let see if I can attach some pics.

Some work but some are too large and I don't feel like resizing...

Anyways, here is a bud from day 41. Once all this is fixed I will remake this thread.

post-20311-0-43500800-1320093322_thumb.jpg

post-20311-0-52552700-1320093620_thumb.jpg

OK, lemme see. I am feeding these plants Jack's Pro Hydro which is about 10x cheaper than any nutes you can buy at a hydro store, and of a superior quality. I ran Hydrobuddy with a nute profile for cannabis and came up with a formula to use for veg and flower. Here is what I am currently using

For Veg, early and late flower.

gallery_20311_949_341.jpg

For week 4-6 of flower.

gallery_20311_949_3260.jpg

These both cost about 3 cents a gallon total and are kicking butt.

Here is the untopped C99 at day 14 of 12/12

gallery_20311_949_549312.jpg

The topped C99

gallery_20311_949_363231.jpg

Here is day 21

gallery_20311_949_768117.jpg

Day 28, I added some support at this point.

gallery_20311_949_691559.jpg

gallery_20311_949_973299.jpg

gallery_20311_949_414793.jpg

Busy weekend, no pics of 35.

And here is day 41.

gallery_20311_949_27673.jpg

gallery_20311_949_631952.jpg

gallery_20311_949_2105545.jpg

gallery_20311_949_59936.jpg

I have 2 phenos of C99, the above ones are all plant #3. This is a bud of #6. It looks to be a larger yielder but I am not sure on the taste or potency compared to #3.

gallery_20311_949_3506502.jpg

OK, that was a bunch. Any questions about anything?

Great job. Vertical bare-bulb wins every time.

Thanks ScrogBubbles. Nothing in growing is "everytime," but vertical bare bulb comes pretty close :)

Looking good

Its a beautiful sight to behold in the morning. The smell is pretty nice too, rotten fruit to the max.

:thumbsu:

Niiiice. Very healthy looking. Great yield, and what looks to be fantastic potency, and the lower buds fill out as well.

Its not even the lower buds, I got colas going below the top of the pots. To think I used to trim the bottom half of the plant, such a waste. I like how they flopped over and are now growing upside down up towards the lights.

I got a couple patients so I was able to start up the next round for when these are done. I am going to do a 2 level stadium next round, 14 plants total. Each side will have 3 on the ground and 4 propped up on 5 gallon buckets. These are all the C99 #3 and got transplanted into the 2 gallon smart pots 4 days ago and will be fed Jack's thru the blumats.

I always give my plants a dose of Imid in early veg to control root aphids, 10 ml per gallon. I haven't gotten aphids in this spot, and I want to keep it that way. This stuff is systemic and stays in the plant for up to 60 days so it is important to use it early in veg. These have 90 days to harvest so it will be long gone by then.

gallery_20311_949_3701102.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few pics from Friday, which was day 48.

Topped C99

gallery_20311_949_1817351.jpg

Untopped C99

gallery_20311_949_2942152.jpg

gallery_20311_949_4933179.jpg

gallery_20311_949_528811.jpg

I started taking down the C99 #3 on Tuesday.

Macro of a trimmed bud

gallery_20311_949_33413.jpg

Got some drying

gallery_20311_949_2935796.jpg

Some of the other plants are going to take a while longer, but that's alright as it spreads the work out some.

OH MY BUDD GOD ....

That is some Mighty Fine LADY ....

VERY .... VERY NICE JOB :goodjob:

I sure Love a Taste of that .....

Don't Rush the Drying ....

Give Her Time .....

You probly already know ....

MAN .... Very Nice Looking .... :thumbsu:

Thanks for Sharing

Thanks Tarzan, I appreciate it. I couldn't even rush the drying if I wanted to with this weather. My house is at 60% humidity, so its pretty much a giant humidor at this point. I am planning on a week on the drying racks then a day in a paper bag before going in the jars. I have a few of the Calibre ACC-CALIBER3_175.jpgto make sure everything is moving along as it should

indeed she is gorgeous, very well done. :goodjob:

That she is. I am pretty happy with this round, but the next one will make this look like bunny muffin.

NICE ! !

Thanks!!

As nice as it is bringing down a crop, I am way more excited for these.... $180 from sowamazingseeds but so worth it.

gallery_20311_949_27611.jpg

Don't mean to take your thread off of the subject of your grow. But where do you get the information to populate the HydroBuddy program? Do the manufacturers provide that detail? Is the a online database somewhere? And are you using your own formulation or recreating one from a manufacturer? I'm wondering if I can recreate the formula I use but maybe be more effective, less expensive and have greater control of the formula.

No worries jayt, I am happy to answer any questions. A lot of the values are already in Hydrobuddy when you download it. For the ones that aren't, I used information from the manufacturers.

The nutrient profile is borrowed from spurr. I dropped the Ca and Mg numbers from his a bit since I am using tap water, but otherwise its the same. His numbers are based off of tissue analysis of cannabis.

You can use hydrobuddy to recreate the formula you are using. All of the NPK values are changeable, and you can save different profiles for later.

I guess I will have to play around with it for a while.

I see some values come with the version I downloaded, but none of the brand name companies. By that I mean nothing from GH or AN or the others you commonly see in the hydro shops. I sent an email to some of the manufacturers but I have my doubts that they will give me the details for the program. Just have to wait and see.

Did you get the values for Jack's from them directly? Or do you mind sharing the values for the four nutrients that you are using?

Here is a link to GH flora and AN Jungle Juice labels.

http://www.advancednutrients.com/junglejuicegmb/

http://customhydronutrients.com/index.html/ has the labels for a lot of different things. Most of the products they sell have a link to their label on the product page.

Jack's label http://customhydronutrients.com/index.html/download/peters_5_11_26_hydrosol_label.pdf

DynaGro stuff http://www.dyna-gro.com/Website%20pdf%20Files/DG%20Product%20Spec%20Sht.pdf

The info for most anything is out there. You would have much better luck googling the info you are looking for rather than emailing the manufacturer.

Thanks for the links. I don't know what is wrong with me in how I was searching for the values. I just didn't go about it right. Thanks again.

Part of my problem was that the labels I found first didn't seem to supply all of the values. But it looks like that's the way the three parts nutrients are made.

Anyhow thanks again.

Archived