Farmers Market Grand Rapids

42 members have voted

1. 1. who would support/attend a market in or near GR?

• I would like to be vendor at a GR market
    • I am a patient that would benefit from a GR market
    • Not interested at all
    • I would support/help out with a GR market

I am currently searching for a location to hold a FM and would like know how much support we would have before getting too serious with it. Any and all feedback suggestions would be appreciated. Ive already asked blueberry about this and have his support. It would be outside of GR but close to. GR has not been friendly to us thus far but we cant let them hold us back there are many patients in need on this side of the state and I know this would help alot of them.

I wish You Nothing but the Best " grhydroguy "

As an Organizer or Leader it is Not an Easy Task ...

Please Don't get me Wrong ....

I just want You to Know that it does get tough ...

Your going to be doing ALOT of the Footwork ....

Even if your Heart is in the Best Interest of others ...

Their will be Struggles & Road Blocks ...

I will try to Help You where i can ....

If Blueberry Supports You ...

I Support You .... :thumbsu:

Its Important that we Start Helping each other ...

It's Time that we Strengthen our Numbers ...

We Must do All We Can to Protect our Circle of

Family and Friends .... :bighug:

When I spoke to this member, it was with the understanding that the MMMA would operate the model. It is important not to locate any farmers market in a location that has a moratorium or ordinance in place. So outside of GR is mandatory. Find a location and we'll run a couple of days. The MMMA does not receive financial reward for these markets. Every Dime in excess of cost is returned to the community in the way of donations to the poor. We operate our model under the principle of revenue sharing. 50% to the owner/lessee, 50% back to the community. Thanks, Bb

It would be great Blueberry if we could have a Farmers market somewhere in Central Mi. Jackson sounds great, but it is just to far for some of us. Thanks for all your support.

When I spoke to this member, it was with the understanding that the MMMA would operate the model. It is important not to locate any farmers market in a location that has a moratorium or ordinance in place. So outside of GR is mandatory. Find a location and we'll run a couple of days. The MMMA does not receive financial reward for these markets. Every Dime in excess of cost is returned to the community in the way of donations to the poor. We operate our model under the principle of revenue sharing. 50% to the owner/lessee, 50% back to the community. Thanks, Bb

thats exactly what i want BB. im just trying to do my part to get the ball rolling and find out how many patients are in need. ive got a couple locations outside of but close to GR that im looking at. the marne fairgrounds as kindbuds mentioned is one of them. It is in a more rural area and I think it would be perfect. Also thanks to everyone for your response so far.

I wish You Nothing but the Best " grhydroguy "

As an Organizer or Leader it is Not an Easy Task ...

Please Don't get me Wrong ....

I just want You to Know that it does get tough ...

Your going to be doing ALOT of the Footwork ....

Even if your Heart is in the Best Interest of others ...

Their will be Struggles & Road Blocks ...

I will try to Help You where i can ....

If Blueberry Supports You ...

I Support You .... :thumbsu:

Its Important that we Start Helping each other ...

It's Time that we Strengthen our Numbers ...

We Must do All We Can to Protect our Circle of

Family and Friends .... :bighug:

thank you tarzan for your support. I saw you in jackson yesterday but did not get a chance to meet ya and then all the sudden u were gone. I will definatley look for ya next time brotha. Did you get $2000 for that sour diesel lol. i didnt realize that was a joke til someone told me. Also this will hopefully be run by MMMA im just trying to help. Thanks again.

thank you tarzan for your support. I saw you in jackson yesterday but did not get a chance to meet ya and then all the sudden u were gone. I will definatley look for ya next time brotha. you sell that $2000 sour diesel lol. i didnt realize that was a joke til someone told me. Also this will hopefully be run by MMMA im just trying to help. Thanks again.

No Problem " grhydroguy "

That was the only way i could think of to

Stop everyone from wanting Blueberry 's

Norther Michigan Sour Diesel clone from him ... :thumbsu:

I highly doubt that anyone would of been

interest in a $ 2000 clone .... LoL

I would of Chit if someone would of pulled the cash out ...

Besides ... Selling Would be Illegal :thumbsd:

Depending on where it is Hubby and I would probably go but we will probably use Jackson because of the vendors that go there...like Tarzan and Mibrains. If they have a farmers market in grand rapids would the two of you and other vendors that go to jackson also go to grand rapids.

im sure there would be plenty of vendors and patients if a safe location is located,saturday or maybe sunday unless it takes off to the point 2 days would be nescessary.I know some1 that races at berlin let me see if he knows anybody of influence there as they race on fri and saturdays but I dont think they do on sundays and fall is coming so they have to make money when racing is off season...

I am currently searching for a location to hold a FM and would like know how much support we would have before getting too serious with it. Any and all feedback suggestions would be appreciated. Ive already asked blueberry about this and have his support. It would be outside of GR but close to. GR has not been friendly to us thus far but we cant let them hold us back there are many patients in need on this side of the state and I know this would help alot of them.

It would be great to have a Farmers Market here in Grand Rapids, Sparta just to the north is MMJ friendly with leo, Kent county has told them they aren't looking to waste money on MMJ. So anything here in Kent county is possible, Grand Rapids city is out of the question along with Wyoming! If you need any help with this feel free to contact me I live and work in the Grand Rapids area and know of some possible places this could be held. Joe knows me and I'm sure there are of few of us others up here more than willing to help to make this work.

Doug

im sure there would be plenty of vendors and patients if a safe location is located,saturday or maybe sunday unless it takes off to the point 2 days would be nescessary.I know some1 that races at berlin let me see if he knows anybody of influence there as they race on fri and saturdays but I dont think they do on sundays and fall is coming so they have to make money when racing is off season...

Yeah the barn pavillion they rent out for venues would be perfect. Let me know what you find out.

It would be great to have a Farmers Market here in Grand Rapids, Sparta just to the north is MMJ friendly with leo, Kent county has told them they aren't looking to waste money on MMJ. So anything here in Kent county is possible, Grand Rapids city is out of the question along with Wyoming! If you need any help with this feel free to contact me I live and work in the Grand Rapids area and know of some possible places this could be held. Joe knows me and I'm sure there are of few of us others up here more than willing to help to make this work.

Doug

Ya im pretty sure Wyoming is out,now Sparta or Greenville those would be ok.Ionia or Lowell-I dont know for sure about city of Grand Rapids I would like to be educated on that 1 but wyoming def has a city ordinance so trying to pull a permit or feel secure is doubtful...

Doug

Hey there Iceman, if you know of places that could be perfect for a farmers market in grand rapids area, then you should contact Blueberry and tell him the addresses of the place, and he will tell you if they wil work.

• 5 months later...

The MMMA would be interested in working with you to set up a market. Please PM me terms. We currently work on a fee sharing structure. Grand Rapids is persecution central. Sometimes you do what you have to. Send me info. Thanks, Bb

Thank you Bb

I will pm you the info as soon as I get back to my desk later today.

The location I feel would be ideal as it is not close to schools, daycare, ect

The share concept sounds interesting

Cascade would be perfect and it is an easy drive to areas there. I believe they have no problems with MM. If thinking of this area the closer to GR the better other then sending it to Lowel, Greenville or other places that are still quite a bit of a drive for some of us. I LOVE the idea and would support it. GR is a republican "town" so you bet they are not a place that would accept this. Cascade, maybe GR Twnship, Ada possibly, all are much more open minded then GR> Hey the poll should allow you to vote for more then one! I would mark three of them. :)

Archived