Delay In State Cashing Check

totung

Has anyone else had problems after sending in their renewal forms and them not cashing the check?

I received the certified mail receipt stating that they received the envelope on August 15, 2011.

They still have not cashed the check though!!!!!

I didn't receive a denial letter either.

My card expires on October 1, 2011.

I called the MMM phone number and left a voicemail, but still haven't received a call back.

I email and called my state rep, but still haven't received an email or call back.

I was going to send in another renewal form packet, but wasn't sure if I should.

I don't know what to do!!!!!!

My wife and I sent our renewals in at 2:30PM 9/7/11 and the checks went thru on 9/9/11 out of Indy Indiana.

Kinda caught me off gaurd, cause the 1st time we sent forms in it took about 5-6 business days to cash.

I guess they wanted our $200 really bad?

Our hard cards exp. on 10/1/11 also, I would keep calling and find out what the problem is.

Has anyone else had problems after sending in their renewal forms and them not cashing the check?

I received the certified mail receipt stating that they received the envelope on August 15, 2011.

They still have not cashed the check though!!!!!

I didn't receive a denial letter either.

My card expires on October 1, 2011.

I called the MMM phone number and left a voicemail, but still haven't received a call back.

I email and called my state rep, but still haven't received an email or call back.

I was going to send in another renewal form packet, but wasn't sure if I should.

I don't know what to do!!!!!!

i don't have the answer either. like these guys said they usually cash the check right away. hmm...

Sad but True---

Here is the current information from LARA Web Site:"Currently staff is issuing registry ID cards for valid original applications received in late March. Additionally, registry ID cards are being issued for valid renewal applications received for registrations expiring in June and July".

The conspiracy continues.

Regards and peace,

My doc is mailing me another physician certification

I will mail another renewal packet and cancel the first check once this new one is cashed.

Won't you be surprised when they both clear the bank at the same time. Then you can fight with them for a refund for over a year like a friend of mine has been doing. Even with proof they wont send a refund, they said they would but now you can't even go talk to anyone. Sending the renewal in again is the only thing you can do to be covered. Hopefully they will cash this one. Good luck.

Doesn't make any sense that they take weeks to cash one check, and cash another check the same day it arrives?

It really shocked the hell out of me my check was cashed two days from when mailed? I live in Northern Mi. and it takes two days just to get to them.

Now I will probably have to wait 6 months for my hard card, lol!

My doc is mailing me another physician certification.

May I suggest you make copies this time of all the docs before you mail the originals to the state. The Registry office will -not- supply any duplicates. If someone doesn't have a copy of a doc sent in, or if they lose one or all their pages, they will wait for their hard card to arrive in the mail. In perhaps 5 months, a scandalously long, unjust delay IMO.

On the question of how long checks take to cash, that depends more on the Treasury Dept in a different state building. The MMMP receives approx 600 apps/renewals per day. The MMMP Office amasses checks/money orders which get transported over to Treasury, along with tons of checks from many other state departments on the route. Treasury follows federal banking protocols for submitting instruments to a clearinghouse (evidently one being in Indianapolis). That process has its own delays, bank holiday interruptions, etc. Meanwhile MMMP processing of apps continues including validating the name, address, SSN, and driver license info by hitting databases. The majority of apps are approved because they're accurate and complete including valid payment, period. No glitches + check clears = approved. Wrong SSN or DL# or "forgot ID copy" or "forgot to include the payment check" are major sources of denials, and are easily fixable. Once denied you receive instructions how to rectify the problems and resubmit your app/renewal.

Won't you be surprised when they both clear the bank at the same time. Then you can fight with them for a refund for over a year like a friend of mine has been doing. Even with proof they wont send a refund, they said they would but now you can't even go talk to anyone. Sending the renewal in again is the only thing you can do to be covered. Hopefully they will cash this one. Good luck.

I would put a hold on the first check that I sent in before sending in the second one.

I am not that stupid :)

May I suggest you make copies this time of all the docs before you mail the originals to the state. The Registry office will -not- supply any duplicates. If someone doesn't have a copy of a doc sent in, or if they lose one or all their pages, they will wait for their hard card to arrive in the mail. In perhaps 5 months, a scandalously long, unjust delay IMO.

I have copies of everything that I sent to them on August 13, 2011.

I even have a copy of the check.

That is a tuff one... Yea you cannot get a response from them at all. It is like the department

doesnt even exist... HMMMMM.... Anyhow good luck in finding the answer. I will keep an ear out

for you. But I do know is the FIRST thing they do is cash the check.

Sending in your renewal per certified mail was a smart thing to do. Per their own directions, if you have not received a denial letter within the 14 days, then the renewal certificate you got from your physician should be all you need until they clear things up on their end.

Sending in your renewal per certified mail was a smart thing to do. Per their own directions, if you have not received a denial letter within the 14 days, then the renewal certificate you got from your physician should be all you need until they clear things up on their end.

and that is exactly why I sent it certified mail :)

i followed their directions to a T

i just want the piece of mind knowing everything is in order.

i don't want to carry around a packet of papers for 6+ months while they figure their failures out.

it looks like i am gonna have to though

Guest Medicinal Patient

Wow this is not good. Someone else here had a story similar and many months later he got no word back. Over 5mo. I don't recall the outcome. If you don't here anything a week before you need to renew you should cancel that last check and submit a new one. I am sure they will cash that and hopefully send you your renewal card in time and they can figure out the other mess when they locate it. They have 21days to give you a denial and it took 27 before I received a denial. And that was last aug 2010! But they do cash all checks whether denied or not. This system sucks. I would like to know what happened to Cushingberrys promise to outsource the mdch if they didn't get mmmp cards out in a timely manner? Anyone? Good luck T.

i finally spoke with my state rep Anthony Forlini on the phone yesterday

i sent him an email last week and never got a reply from him

he said he received my email and said he has been in contact with at least 5 different people

each of which has directed him to a different person. he said he is personally frustrated with the whole situation.

he said that he will call me on friday to let me know what he has found out.

he said as a last resort i should cancel the first check and send in new renewal forms and a new check.

he said that the envelope that i sent in on august 11th may have never even made it and got lost.

i explained that is the whole reason i sent it certified mail. that is the point of receiving the certified mail receipt is to know that the package at least arrived at it's destination.

he said that he wasn't familiar with how "usps certified mail" works.

whatever. i will wait to see what he has to say on friday.

i have all of my paperwork ready to be sent in again if needs be.

Archived