High C B D Strains

We have some great growers in Michigan.

See cannabis test results here: http://herbalelement...om/products.php

Each column can be sorted up or down by clicking its yellow label.

Thank you for that link. It helps a lot to have this information online.

Cambodian Sour Diesel - 13.8%

Green Crack - 11.8%

Cannatonic - 9.4%

Thank you for that link. It helps a lot to have this online.

Cambodian Sour Diesel - 13.8%

Green Crack - 11.8%

Cannatonic - 9.4%

S.A.G.E is up there with a respectable 6.90% CBD. However, there is another sample spelled SAGE at .20% CBD, and the S.A.G.E. hybrid samples are two samples of Sage and Sour with .15% and .20% CBD. Hmmmmm.

G13HP from Ndnguy(seed)

Bubba Kush

MK Ultra(seed)

Shiskaberry

Frostbite

My Free Leonard cut definitely leans to the Hash Plant side. :thumbsu: One of these days I'll have a sample tested.

Here is a test result that supports Pre-98 Bubba Kush being extremely high in CBD. Low, low THC - surprising.

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f16/cbd-rich-strains-30827/index2.html

8. 1st Pre 98 Bubba Kush

CBD: 11.85%

CBN: <0.01%

THC: 6.3%

CBC: <0.01%

THCV: <0.01%

Total: 18.15%

Mr Nice seeds is working with Resin Seeds on a high CBD strain they are calling Remedy. I don't believe its released yet, but some people are growing out testers atm. The most up to date info will probably be here Mr Nice Seeds forum

Hi All

well many of you know we have been involved with another seed company trying hard over the past few years to develop with the aid of analysis and laboratory testing a defined medical strain.

Well to be honest we believe we are on a great road at present and hope REMEDY from the CBDcrew(our name under the joint enterprise to be) will be ready in seed form in the near future.

Since we have been analysising chemotypes and selecting with this criteria as the dominant theme, we have come across several interesting protype seeds...we call this the Z series and have narrowed things down to Z6 and Z7 from over 100 Z F1 grown and tested.

So to start the ball rolling and this thread is only a preliminary warm up for things to come, we decided to release somethings of this Z series first, as many of you seem impatient.

I know I may receive flack for making this next announcement but it was with alot of practical thought we arrived at doing things we do not normally do...so I will explain it. We have developed a femal line of this Z series in a very limited edition, as well as a regular line. The thinking and decision follows alot of pm I have had with the medical patient community. They explained to me that since most of them are not natural growers and do not have the valueable time to wait to see plants grow due to their conditions...they wished a female version.

While discussing things with Nev about the female seeds we did both agree on one application for the use of this sort of seed. When there is no male line to breed with, then feminizing to carry some of the genes will be the last resort before extinction. Now I add the point that alot of medical patients made to me, they do not have the time to wait. So considering these things and being a humanist at heart, I feel we explain ourselves in these two cases to make exceptions to our rule of philosophy. Hope you all can see the reasoning for my decision.

Mr Nice seeds is working with Resin Seeds on a high CBD strain they are calling Remedy. I don't believe its released yet, but some people are growing out testers atm. The most up to date info will probably be here Mr Nice Seeds forum

Way to go Petyr,I totally forgot of shantibabas joint project.If you go to his site,I think there's some auctions for some of those beans right now.I know there is some of his old strains as well as some fem seeds up for auction.

Each batch of seeds will produce variations in cannabinoid profile. Cannabinoid profile is the ratio of the various cannabinoids to each other in the plant material.

In a batch of seeds, the majority will produce high THC content. Some will produce slightly lower THC and some CBD. A few of the seeds will produce plants which are high in CBD production and low THC.

We can't tell by smoking if there is high CBD in the bud. Most times the grower will give up working with such a plant as it doesn't seem to produce much of a high.

Grower screening tends to reduce the likelihood of such material being regularly available to the patients of Michigan.

Yet CBD is very very important.

The cannabis cancer project is attempting to secure testing equipment. We propose to help patients and caregivers identify batches of cannabis that have this elusive compound. When such a batch of material is identified, we hope the growers will keep this off to the side for cancer and MS patients.

We also hope that mother plants for such material will be preserved so that CBD production in Michigan will skyrocket.

Funding for this project will run about $150,000. Some of which is to keep the Saginaw location from foreclosure proceedings. The majority of the funds will be used to establish testing locations in both Washtenaw and Saginaw locations. From these locations and with the help of other testing locations around the state, we should have a roadmap of CBD in Michigan within the next couple of months.

AND document high CBD mother plants for the future.

As mentioned at he cbd project, an effective way to to breed and measure the ratio of thc/cbd is measure that ratio early on in veg eliminating plants that do not fit the desired profile. This would result in much faster results than simply evaluating whatever comes in. Waiting for a plant to finish is much more time consuming. Once you establish which plants meet your criteria you can take cuttings and grow out the plants and then determine the percentages of those components that the finished plants have.

I have cannatonic f2 seeds that could be donated to someone engaging in a directed effort. I have no interest in donating seeds to anyone else. So far the cannatonics that I grew out were good but did not have the desired cbd levels. Some feel that the real number of high cbd plants is low and thus testing more of them early is a faster approach. If you have to grow thirty plants to find one then one after the other rather than all at once is obviously going to take years versus months for a whole batch. I am interested but I cannot afford to testing. I have spent enough on testing at 30 bucks a pop to have to stop. A group effort that psreads the cost seems desirable to me.

Here's some good info from Project CBD:

Raber on the CBD "Appearance Rate"

Jeff Raber of the WercShop also noticed the seemingly anomalous Sour Tsunami results and wondered if it was a sampling error. Raber says, "We've repeatedly seen the Poison OG at one location re-test at the same ratio, even from multiple harvests, but this last time (just this morning) it turned out to be the reverse. Not sure ithat was a naming, new grower thing or what. Sample picking in an important aspect of providing accurate results. It is time consuming and laborious work, but has to be done right to be any bit close to valid (at least as we understand valid now). Speaking with scientists from the Netherlands this weekend (it was a good conference for providing CBD information and taking some positive medical steps forward too), they have studied these things and note sample picking methods are extremely important as well. We collect samples ourselves and/or train pickers to do this properly.

Regarding CBD appearance rates: We have seen the following problem with both Poison OG and Northern Lights (and even Cannatonic from seeds). You have multiple phenotypes within each strain name. Look at the disparities:

CANNATONIC.HPLC.1.22.11.jpg

We tell everyone, not all names are the same, you have to have had it tested to know what you have. You can appreciate that fact as you understand the incredible variability with effects and dose in CBD-rich products.

If you were to ask how many strains are known to have CBD and how many are not we would say: 2.5% of the strains we tested have had CBD-rich results.

If you were to ask what is the appearance of CBD based on how many individual tests we've seen it in (including the same names of each strain as long as they are different sample lots or harvests) we would say: 4.5% of our unique samples have had CBD present in over 2.5 wt % value of actual flower weight (cured, but not completely dried out by the analysis process).

http://www.projectcbd.org/CBDiary.html#Jan26.11

As mentioned at he cbd project, an effective way to to breed and measure the ratio of thc/cbd is measure that ratio early on in veg eliminating plants that do not fit the desired profile. This would result in much faster results than simply evaluating whatever comes in. Waiting for a plant to finish is much more time consuming. Once you establish which plants meet your criteria you can take cuttings and grow out the plants and then determine the percentages of those components that the finished plants have.

I have cannatonic f2 seeds that could be donated to someone engaging in a directed effort. I have no interest in donating seeds to anyone else. So far the cannatonics that I grew out were good but did not have the desired cbd levels. Some feel that the real number of high cbd plants is low and thus testing more of them early is a faster approach. If you have to grow thirty plants to find one then one after the other rather than all at once is obviously going to take years versus months for a whole batch. I am interested but I cannot afford to testing. I have spent enough on testing at 30 bucks a pop to have to stop. A group effort that psreads the cost seems desirable to me.

So you send leaves and get the cannabinoid ratio in veg. Good idea, mrd. I sure would like to grow some of those Cannatonic f2s and have them tested. I want high-CBD clones available to everyone in the MMMP.

http://biomedreports.com/2011090273805/medical-marijuana-inc-patent-pending-extraction-cannabidiol-cbd-possible-use-in-the-anti-tumor-and-anti-cancer-nutraceutical-and-pharmaceutical-industries.html

Medical Marijuana Inc. Patent Pending Extraction ---- Cannabidiol (CBD) Possible Use In The Anti-Tumor and Anti-Cancer Nutraceutical and Pharmaceutical Industries

• 6 months later...

I'm bringing this thread back up.

In October, I set out to populate the state with high CBD content strains.

I have identified three strains that are producers of high CBD content.

The first is the Catatonic X that won the High Times cup in Detroit. That is a strain that I was supposed to get but haven't seen yet.

Then next two are interesting. Both are currently being circulated in Michigan.

Blue Cough

Available by CLONE ONLY.

It has taken nearly a year to get a confirmation of the content of the blue cough.

This was from a seed that fell out of a hermied bud.

The strain was lost. What I has was the end. I noticed hermie flowers on the bud. Three seed fell out. I figured the plant has selfed.

That would mean that it would likely be female and be a CBD producer similar to mom.

Just was confirmed in the last couple of days.

Simpson oil produced from this seed is indeed similar in CBD production. In excess of 40% CBD collected in oil form!!

It's out there!! This one has a ration of THC:CBD ratio of 3:10

1.3 G From Mike McShane

This one produces a THC:CBD ratio of about 4:6. Closer to 1:1.

Oil from either can be mixed with normal high THC Simpson oil to taste for the patient.

Archived