Oh Well!

Ms Chocolate

I had hoped that members of this forum would help me, by completing my medical marihuana survey. After speaking with a few people, I thought I had compiled a good mixture of questions about usage, education & knowledge, and proposed changes to our law. Having given Rep Horn a copy of the survey, I had hoped to also give him the results. I guess I over-thought what was wanted and/or needed. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/26/entry-700-i-have-my-survey-completed-please-complete-and-forward-your-response/

Ms Chocolate, a lot of info there with a lot of good questions.

I have not previously seen this posted on here or heard of your survey. For what its worth, I was sitting at the same table with you when you met w/ Rep Horn and Cavanagh.

From your post I have the same question that the previous poster had. How do I physically respond to the survey, i.e. do I do sort of a cut and paste, do I print it out and email it?

My personal opinion on collecting this volume of info is that people are lazy and you need to make it as simple as possible for them to respond. You might consider using some of the free polling/survey sites on the web. In the process you could turn some of the questions into multiple guess type answers. This would enable you to tabulate the responses into a more objective summary as opposed to trying to summarize a set of subjective essay type answers.

For what its worth, I was sitting at the same table with you when you met w/ Rep Horn and Cavanagh.

My personal opinion on collecting this volume of info is that people are lazy and you need to make it as simple as possible for them to respond. You might consider using some of the free polling/survey sites on the web. In the process you could turn some of the questions into multiple guess type answers. This would enable you to tabulate the responses into a more objective summary as opposed to trying to summarize a set of subjective essay type answers.

Where did you sit?

My first attempt was a short 10 question y/n. After speaking with others, it made sense to create something that covered many bases. With the idea of pending bills, it made sense to include something about them. Allowing a space for others to state what I might have missed, that they felt important. Doing all y/n would have been me asking you all to strictly agree or dis agree with me. This survey does not touch everything, but I’d tried to reach some important things.

I did not think this out as deep as I should have.

At the meeting, I had a few copies of the survey, but not enough. I should have asked Matt to make more. Sorry!

Some did a cut/paste, then added the question to an email, and included their response.

Some people were emailed a MS Word form that could be responded on and returned. This also enabled the form to be forwarded. Some people mailed their responses.

I don’t know how to include (or if it is possible) to include a MS copy here. For those who have emailed me, a2 junkmail4me2@ymail.com ,I can return a copy.

Thanks to all who have, and will reply. As I explained to Rep Horn, I hope to forward him a copy of the final tally. My hope is to the replies given will give a picture of who the patients are and what we need and want.

hey ms

i would hope you would if they would read them i know its a time issue for them but then they would get what we are trying to say from our own thoughts... but i also think you could put together our thoughts and just pass them on also just think its better if they get the chance to see the info first hand... not sure it will help but may if they do read some of them... they would get the true meaning we are feeling from our side of this issue... i know because of them not helping us i dont feel safe helping others for fear of trying to help someone who is out here... there idea is to harm me for helping someone who is sick and in need... as they have shown in the past... this is important to me to feel safe in helping anyone who does need this... i feel as long as theres a patient and with a card i should be able to help them if i can... there showing me they do not want any of us to help each other and keep using there system and using resources that are and will run very thin over time then no one will be helped... im not a bad person i have a good driving record stay out of trouble but can help others if they would just let us... they wish to use fear and scare us to me this is just wrong and makes me think who are the terrorist we should be scared of it looks like our own right here... sorry for the rant ms but i dont know any other way to say it other than just saying it...

abbe

I can see your heart is in the right place, but I find the questions to be too invasive as I assume many people here do to. Especially asking for my zip code. Call me paranoid, but I'm don't like telling my personal business in one form like that. I despise the census. Everyone involved in MM is scared to death right now. For all we know you're a cop. I don't think u are, but u can't be to careful. I question why I even post in forums at all sometimes.

hello nik

i do very well understand what your saying... parts of this i have issue too but then i also have a need to say what i feel... which in time may very well put me and my family in the cross hairs... but im so tired of not saying what needs to be said... it is more important to me to speak out... my feeling is they have my name as iam reged patient now and they have all ready passed my info to others... you can choose to not give that info it will not matter in what you need to say... you should just say it may be the only chance you will get... you have to decide what is right for you and your family...

abbe

I can see your heart is in the right place, but I find the questions to be too invasive as I assume many people here do to. Especially asking for my zip code. Call me paranoid, but I'm don't like telling my personal business in one form like that. For all we know you're a cop. I don't think u are, but u can't be to careful.

Nix - Realizing that the questions are personal, I tried to be as un-invasive as possible. I would be foolish to ask for an address, a city name could be just as pointing, a zip could cover 1 or more cities. This is why I'd ask for the zip code. Anyone is free to skip questions they feel hits too close.

Hey, I just an old,sick,and broken woman; not at all a cop. I never even played one on TV.

Hey everyone, please help Ms Chocolate. Just take a few minutes and fill our her survey.

I know Ms Chocolate personally and vouch that she is as honest and compassionate person as you will meet. Also, she makes the most wonderful medicated meals and pastries.

She's one of us and has been since day one. Please help her out with this.

PS. Ms Chocolate, hope you are doing well. How is LovelyMaryJane?

Peace. :rock:

will fill out and send to you ms chocolate,stand up and be counted-imformation that is being gathered is being used for us not against us-I think there needs to be alot more of this type of thing going on in order to have data to back up what we say/claim this medicine does for everybody on these boards,if you want to be scared to fill it out so be it but I used to have to hide about using this and now in my 30's with a family of my own I like it when we visit grandma and she ask me how my grow is going and did that new strain help more the the last.Took a step out of the dark and im not going back into it im just starting to get a nice tan in the light. :goodjob:

Hey everyone, please help Ms Chocolate. Just take a few minutes and fill our her survey.

I know Ms Chocolate personally and vouch that she is as honest and compassionate person as you will meet. She's one of us and has been since day one. Please help her out with this.

PS. Ms Chocolate, hope you are doing well. How is LovelyMaryJane?

Peace. :rock:

Thanks Kevin! I am doing. I spoke with LMJ about a month ago. She has had personal issues, but all-in-all is doing well. She stated that she had worked on a few medical ideas. Time to time, she is here looking and getting updates.

For anyone that is concerned, Ms Chocolate is definitely not a cop. She runs her own compassion club, one of the oldest in Detroit I might add. I have met her at several other compassion clubs as well as at Matt Abel's office.

Thanks!

Yes, I hosted the first Motor City Compassion/Spirit of Detroit Club first meeting in March 2009. The first in Detroit. Because of illnesses of other personal concerns the meetings are on temporary sabbatical.

• 2 months later...

I will be posting my results by month's end. Because the number of responses was so small, the results will be presented in percentages. I will say the the last third of the survey was about pending bills. The only idea that was favorable was the restrictions on felons as caregivers. I will also say that no one listed a hangnail as a covered condition.

Archived