Big J's 707 Journal

Big J

I did a bit more work last night my RDWC idea for the vegging plants isn't working out the pump keeps heating the water up may have to figure out a chiller if I want to do it. But that is neither here nor there. So I stuck to the 12/1 schedule then flipped to 12/12 for flower. I am going to have to try running 18/6 for a couple weeks to speed up growth but then run 12/1 for a couple weeks before I flip to flower I am amazed at the results. I will get some pics of the tops they are looking amazing! switched to bud mode like right now, compared to the 3 weeks it took last flower cycle.

I made a reflector for my light as well.

2011-11-05234731.jpg

and here is a canopy shot (looking beautiful I might add)

2011-11-05234723.jpg

I will get a pic of the tops tonight.

looking great big j. what is that you are using for the scrog screen? i like it!

It is a chopped section of some store displays I bought from a fixture place out here. They work awesome I will post pics of my new grow tent I am going to make out of them as well. Coming soon.

Also I know I said later but I couldn't wait here are the tops of the girls after one week in flower never had results like this this fast. I may have been converted to the 12/1

The 707

2011-11-06103516.jpg

The Sugar Kush

2011-11-06103630.jpg

Did you remove the Hot Shot pest strip out of your garden when you started to flower. How did it work for you, and do you have an opinion on the safety concerns with the active ingredient. I see a lot of controversy on another site about using them.

very tight indeed, is the screen metal or plastic?

The screen is powdercoated steel I have made benches with them and sat on them real strong. All 1/4 inch round stock. Next time I am there I will see if they have any. And what it is going for now before I got them effort 3 bucks a piece.

Did you remove the Hot Shot pest strip out of your garden when you started to flower. How did it work for you, and do you have an opinion on the safety concerns with the active ingredient. I see a lot of controversy on another site about using them.

I did not yet still not sure what peoples beef is with them I understand what they are saying but really is there going to be a significant transfer to the plants I just don't think so. But I plan on not having it in there during flower the thing saved me from the Borg. I used safer, organicide, and azamax with almost no luck a month after I put that in there I have seen A mite on a clone in my still open veg area. Sprayed the clones with Organacide and I am still not sure if they are going to pull through they shriveled up bad. I will remove it and hope for the best.

I did not yet still not sure what peoples beef is with them I understand what they are saying but really is there going to be a significant transfer to the plants I just don't think so. But I plan on not having it in there during flower the thing saved me from the Borg. I used safer, organicide, and azamax with almost no luck a month after I put that in there I have seen A mite on a clone in my still open veg area. Sprayed the clones with Organacide and I am still not sure if they are going to pull through they shriveled up bad. I will remove it and hope for the best.

Yeah I kind of agree with you on the dangers to humans, but it sort of freaked me out to read what some of the people were saying. I would say more people used them and raved about them over people who were concerned about the health issue's. I was a little unclear as to how the hot shot worked out for you, did it do a good job?

Yeah I kind of agree with you on the dangers to humans, but it sort of freaked me out to read what some of the people were saying. I would say more people used them and raved about them over people who were concerned about the health issue's. I was a little unclear as to how the hot shot worked out for you, did it do a good job?

It took a massive amount of battle to get rid of the mites. I used azamax, organicide and safer. all three of them three days apart then added the strip saw mites for about a week then nothing still nothing except I started some new clones in my dome and they must have been hiding in there I must have forgot to clean it with bleach water. anyway 2 clones had mites on them they were destroyed and burned just to make sure none lived.

nice looking setup. appears to do what it should well.

Its great you only had to go thru moving journal entries over.

as far as mites goes, their is no one cure, except to chop, clear, santitize, and tighten invader security when your done. you have to keep beating them back with different weapons. depending on grow type, timing can play a big role.

once you have them, its can be a long battle. waging a lil war still myself, but ive got then on the rails i think, and im invading and dropping bombs tonight. by friday, the war should be won.

GL, Mites are almost as much of a pita and hard to get rid of as BillSchuItte is.

I have a few hundred more ladybugs gonna wait another day or 2 and then add em again. The mites are not bad so I hope to kill them off early it is weird they were no where to be found then boom there they were again. I mean the plants have been in there a long time. As for the gas lantern yes I have been cutting back the light. We are gonna see. So far I am impressed. I may have to do my own schedule next grow though. I am thinking 18/6 when they go under the screen then cut back the light a week later then 2 weeks at

12/1 then flip to 11/13 then start the cut back also I am designing a rig for a yeast Co2 setup that the Co2 gets pumped under the plants by an air pump. That is the next grow though.

Archived