Open Letter To Michigan Congress And Senate

Herb Cannabis

To Whom It May Concern:

Hello, I am Herb Cannabis on this site and I want you to know my story.

I am a 54 year old cancer patient and also lucky enough to have degenerative disk disease That is how I qualified for the MMMP. I have spent literally hundreds of hours researching prostate cancer and various treatments. I found that not only does marijuana help reduce pain, but that it also acts to induce apoptosis (death of a cancer cell) by attaching itself to a cancer cell (receptor is there for MMJ) and causing it to turn itself off (death of a cancer cell). Medical Marijuana was my best choice of all medicines as I know that more people will die of an overdose of water this year than an overdose of MMJ, in fact, no one has ever died from an overdose of MMJ, it is one of the most benign substances known to mankind.

This being said, I also want to let you know that I am a peaceful law abiding citizen, I wear my seat belt every single time I get into a vehicle, I stop at all stop signs and signals (twice on Sundays), I report suspicious activity when I see it, in general, I am a model citizen!

I registered as a MMMP because I wanted to remain within the law and help to heal myself. I must also tell you that because of the MMJ, I have quit using all opiates as they are not needed in my case, I am lucky. I also used it to help me to defeat the cigarette addiction (3 years tobacco free this March 30).

I am lucky that an overwhelming vote in 2008 allowed me this choice. I watched my Mother-In-Law die of cancer (or was it the morphine?) back in 2001, it was not a pretty scene.

I hope that you will take a look at the MMMP through my eyes and hopefully you will come away with a different point of view.

Also, I wanted to add my opinion of the dispensaries. Let them remain, many of us have no other legal access especially when we are waiting for our gardens to mature. We do not want to get our meds off the street from not so reputable sources.

A very special thank you to Blueberry for letting us know that our elected officials are reading our forum.

I hope everyone will post their stories here for our elected officials to read, maybe this will put a better picture in their minds and show them that we are all normal people.

I will apologize in advance for my lack of writing skills, I'm just me and that's all.

To Whom It May Concern:

Hello, I am Herb Cannabis on this site and I want you to know my story.

I am a 54 year old cancer patient and also lucky enough to have degenerative disk disease That is how I qualified for the MMMP. I have spent literally hundreds of hours researching prostate cancer and various treatments. I found that not only does marijuana help reduce pain, but that it also acts to induce apoptosis (death of a cancer cell) by attaching itself to a cancer cell (receptor is there for MMJ) and causing it to turn itself off (death of a cancer cell). Medical Marijuana was my best choice of all medicines as I know that more people will die of an overdose of water this year than an overdose of MMJ, in fact, no one has ever died from an overdose of MMJ, it is one of the most benign substances known to mankind.

This being said, I also want to let you know that I am a peaceful law abiding citizen, I wear my seat belt every single time I get into a vehicle, I stop at all stop signs and signals (twice on Sundays), I report suspicious activity when I see it, in general, I am a model citizen!

I registered as a MMMP because I wanted to remain within the law and help to heal myself. I must also tell you that because of the MMJ, I have quit using all opiates as they are not needed in my case, I am lucky. I also used it to help me to defeat the cigarette addiction (3 years tobacco free this March 30).

I am lucky that an overwhelming vote in 2008 allowed me this choice. I watched my Mother-In-Law die of cancer (or was it the morphine?) back in 2001, it was not a pretty scene.

I hope that you will take a look at the MMMP through my eyes and hopefully you will come away with a different point of view.

Also, I wanted to add my opinion of the dispensaries. Let them remain, many of us have no other legal access especially when we are waiting for our gardens to mature. We do not want to get our meds off the street from not so reputable sources.

A very special thank you to Blueberry for letting us know that our elected officials are reading our forum.

I hope everyone will post their stories here for our elected officials to read, maybe this will put a better picture in their minds and show them that we are all normal people.

I will apologize in advance for my lack of writing skills, I'm just me and that's all.

"Lack of writing skills'? Are you kidding me? That is a terrific letter. With a few very minor changes it would be a great direct letter to our representatives and senators in Lansing.

Might you consider signing your real name and sending it to the senators and reps in Lansing? The talented folks of the MMMA have put together a program that will email all of the sens and reps at once with your message. It's called the email-o-matic.

email-o-matic

If you do decide to send your letter you would need to cut and paste your text into the text box within the email-o-matic. Also you might consider spelling out 'medical marijuana' (or medical cannabis) rather than 'MMJ' just so they don't misunderstand your point.

Archived