Medicated Mike Arrested

Guest Mr Pepper

Guest Mr Pepper

MMMA Family -

One of our brothers is in trouble. Medicated Mike, his wife Marie (Reeroll), and another family member were traveling to Houston to visit friends and family when they were pulled over by local Texas law enforcement. The police ended up searching the vehicle, found Mike's medication, and placed him under arrest for a state felony. He is currently incarcerated at a local detention facility in Texas. His bail hearing is tomorrow morning, we are all praying for the best.

I ask that all of you keep Mike and his wife Marie in your thoughts and prayers. These are two selfless people who would give the shirts off their backs to those in need. They are in unfriendly territory and need our support.

Thanks.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Mike knows I'm with um in spirit....but I'll post it publicly here as well......

These two people (meaningr Reeroll as well) are very close friends....In the last couple weeks I've probably slept at their pad as much as my own helping Mike with a couple things....

Isn't anything I wouldn't do for ya bro......I await Marie's call tomorrow, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Best

My heart is with them. This crap has to STOP. WHEN IS THIS DOGDAMM WAR GONNA END? I never carry meds around for just that reason. On one of my travels, there was a leo with a dog. The dog was sniffing me while the officer was trying to pull it away to leave. I used medibles, which I could've brought but I was too afraid.

I hope Mike will be free soon.

Sb

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Well, the problem is our oil. He had a bottle with him and a small amount of meds. Well the bottle is 4oz and even with the bottle labeled as .05 gr/mmj per flu oz right now they have it counted. He was arrested on a felony charge as he exceeded that weight limit with the oil. This will most likely be pled down adjusting the weight/ratio and getting him below the felony limit. We'll all know more tomorrow as they hold weekend courts and bail will be set his lawyer says.

Best

Looked into it some more and yes they MAY go after someone with a warrant from another state, but the issuing state (TX in this matter) generally won't spend the $$ to send an officer to get the offender. So if the MM fines are lower than the cost to pay an officer to come to Mi, locate and apprehend and then transport suspect back to TX, he could be ok. Might have a hard time with a background check if looking for a new job though.

PS This is not legal advice and I am not an attorney.

Did a little looking, this appears to be his most recent post

Medicated user_popup.pngMike

• 20-February 11

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

As we gather here today I can only think of one thing and that is what a shame it is that we are here today. The people have spoken to the tune of 60+% yet we still stand here many of us having paid a price we cannot afford or spending a day in more severe pain then we might have at home. Many missing work and all of us paying dearly at the pump for what we have already voted on and overwhelmingly approved and that is the to use medical marijuana to manage pain and other symptoms.

The law was designed to have caregivers and patients helping one and another yet a few elected leaders of our great state are still trying to impose their will on the people. This cannot and will not be tolerated. There is available to many cancer patients, aids patients and so on support groups that help them deal with the issues of daily life and their illness but yet some officials are saying I don’t get the same support group. I spent 2 and a half years feeling less then human and no where near being a man. People at the store looking at me like I am a dog standing there or sitting in car as my wife loads a 50 pound bag of dog food in trunk. The last several months I have no longer felt worthless or a burden to others as I learned I AM NOT ALONE!!!!

Attending a compassion club meeting and finding others just like myself not only showed me others dealing with mental and physical pain from injury or illness but helped me meet others that might have something to offer me or I to them and I’m not just talking medicine, but knowledge, compassion, assistance on duties I cannot physically perform any longer. And I truly believe that any elected official that wants to take away medicines that have been proven to help and support groups that have lifted many a people up should find a career other then holding your current position.

It is truly a shame alone that we live in the richest country in the world but so many of us cannot afford to live here. We live in the richest country in the world yet so many in this country needlessly suffer because a select few feel they have the right to tell them they should suffer as the pill business is far more profitable to a politician. Well Mr. and Mrs. Politician, you are a public servant and those of you who follow the will of the people will continue to have the honor of serving the people and to those who don’t must realize, we will not stand down or stand by and continue to watch our rights get trampled on. We will speak loudly on election day as we have in the past . We will not sit by idle while you take away our constitutional rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!

Help if you can !

Texas Marijuana Possession – Laws & Penalties

Marijuana Possession Laws

Weight

Classification

Penalty

2 ounces or less

Class B misdemeanor

Not more than 180 days in a county jail and/or a fine of not more than $2,000

More than 2 ounces, but less than 4 ounces

Class A misdemeanor

Not more than 1 year in a county jail and/or a fine of not more than $4,000

More than 4 ounces, but less than 5 pounds

State jail felony

180 days to 2 years in a state jail and/or a fine of not more than $10,000 <----Minimum 6 months +- $10,000

More than 5 pounds, but less than 50 pounds

Third-degree felony

2 to 10 years in a state prison and/or a fine of not more than $10,000

More than 50 pounds, but less than 2,000

Second-degree felony

2 to 20 years in a state prison and/or a fine of not more than $10,000

More than 2,000 pounds

Enhanced first-degree felony

5 to 99 years and a fine of not more than $50,000

You can also be sentenced to a suspended driver’s license for up to six months following a conviction on any violation of the Texas Controlled Substances Act, including marijauna.

What Is the Most Likely Outcome for a Simple Marijuana Possession Charge in Texas?

If you are accused of a first offense of possessing less then 2 ounces of marijuana, it is likely you can work out a deal or even get your case dismissed in exchange for agreeing to drug treatment programs, or some community service. If you don’t get in any additional trouble in a set amount of time, the case may be dismissed or continued indefinitely.

These programs are called diversion programs, and are meant to avoid harsh penalties for first offenders. Some Texas counties also have drug courts, where the court intervenes with intensive monitoring of drug use and other mandatory programs in exchange for dismissing the possession charge in the future.

If you feel you may have a marijuana addition problem, agreeing to drug treatment can be an excellent option as part of a plea agreement.

The goal in these cases is to avoid a permanent criminal record. We can discuss exactly what your options are, and what kind of deal we think we can get for you after hearing about your case and reviewing the evidence against you as part of our free consultation.

Why people go to Texas, the bust capitol of the US, i have no idea.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/9504/risk_of_marijuana_arrest_varies_greatly_from_state_to_state,_county_to_county_across_america/

Old article.

Pot Busts Much More Likely in Some States, Counties

If you smoke pot, you're less likely to get busted in Pennsylvania or North Dakota than in Alaska or New York -- and much more likely in certain Texas counties, where 1 in 15 people have been arrested for marijuana smoking.

For those who may wonder about George Dubya's attitude toward pot, look no further than the fact that Texas contained five of the top 10 least reefer friendly counties in the country, and 12 of the top 25. Hudspeth, Texas, a tiny county with a population of 3,079 on the US-Mexico border, had the highest arrest rate in the country, at 6,430.66 per 100,000 residents -- about one out of every 15 people.

Why people go to Texas, the bust capitol of the US, i have no idea.

http://www.alternet....across_america/

Old article.

Pot Busts Much More Likely in Some States, Counties

If you smoke pot, you're less likely to get busted in Pennsylvania or North Dakota than in Alaska or New York -- and much more likely in certain Texas counties, where 1 in 15 people have been arrested for marijuana smoking.

For those who may wonder about George Dubya's attitude toward pot, look no further than the fact that Texas contained five of the top 10 least reefer friendly counties in the country, and 12 of the top 25. Hudspeth, Texas, a tiny county with a population of 3,079 on the US-Mexico border, had the highest arrest rate in the country, at 6,430.66 per 100,000 residents -- about one out of every 15 people.

WOW!

they should put Oakland County their

Guest Medicinal Patient

Texas Marijuana Possession – Laws & Penalties

Marijuana Possession Laws

Weight

Classification

Penalty

More than 4 ounces, but less than 5 pounds

State jail felony

180 days to 2 years in a state jail and/or a fine of not more than $10,000 <----Minimum 6 months +- $10,000

Wow this is just sad. Come home Mike. :notfair:

Archived