Patient In Need Of Meds

MichiganMan

Hey guys, I had some issues in the grow-room for the last month or so and wasn't able to keep up my perpetual cycle. I am not harvesting for another 2-3 weeks and am almost out of meds. Would a CG in the GR area be willing to provide any overages? If you would be willing to help me out while between harvests it would be greatly appreciated.

I am a legal card holder please don't respond if you do not have yours (or valid paperwork).

Thank you

and Go LIONS!!!

-MM

I think it was a good question, and I hope that you can find a way to work something out. I've encountered this situation myself, from both sides, and I've been blessed by a network of friends that help out when they can. I've even received calls from my CC looking to help a needy pateint or caregiver. I'd never suggest that you color outside the lines, but the important thing is that the patients are cared for. You should let your patients know up front that there might be shortage of meds. If you do everything you can to provide for them they will appreciate your honesty and understand that you've hit a little rough spot in the growing cycle. Maybe someone will be able to help, or maybe they'll have to get something at a farmers market. Good luck!

Everyone can try and interpret the law like they want...but until people STOP doing that and actually just follow the rules of 5 patients and deal with them only everyone will continue to get arrested and go to jail. As much as people like to try and twist the rules how has that worked out for everyone so far? p2p arrests? dispensary arrests? raids?

4(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.

Ah finally a man that can READ!!

I'm curious how you interpret this line of the MMAct. Does it state that only a qualifying patient registered to a particular caregiver may seek assistance only from that caregiver? Or does it state that a registered caregiver may assist any qualifying registered patient in the use of medical marihuana? I guess it does say primary caregiver.

I'm curious how you interpret this line of the MMAct. Does it state that only a qualifying patient registered to a particular caregiver may seek assistance only from that caregiver? Or does it state that a registered caregiver may assist any qualifying registered patient in the use of medical marihuana? I guess it does say primary caregiver.

It states may assist "A" qualifying registered patient.

Theres a lot of misinterpretation going on around here. To point you in the right direction....I shall point you to Detroit...where p2p has essentially been going on my entire life. As you might think, it still goes on in and around the city. Most dispensaries are still open.

I don't understand why people think that one ruling against 1 dispensary constitutes a state wide ban. I can't believe how many well known, intelligent activists have helped spread this one sided interpretation of what went on.

Please don't misinterpret me though. I'm not suggesting that anyone go out and participate is p2p sales or anything....just proposing that you guys stop wording things the way the AG does. We should be getting the word out that p2p is legal, regardless of how Shuette interprets the law...not going along with him. They can't/won't get away with this bs if we all stick together.

It states may assist "A" qualifying registered patient.

Well, imho... that's not very definitive. I only assist registered qualifying patients. In my community, the PA and LEO are allowing p2p until the mud settles and things are better defined. They are so hands-off about this that they wouldn'y even prosecute a recent rip off. A cg arranged an exchange with two pts at a remote location. The pts grabbed the goods and ran. The cg called LEO. The PA decided that the law is too ambiguous at this point. The PA said that the meds could be contraban, which if true, no one can legally possess. There was no assault, and the PA decided not to prosecute the perps because of the ambiguous nature of the law. He could have charged either the cg or the pts, or both. He's decided to sit on the fence untill the act is better defined. Anyway, I only assist my patient, and occasionally a need arrises where I assist a registered qualifying patient. In my community that's ok for now. I know that's not the case everywhere in our state.

Thanks for all the replies guys and though I am no criminal justice major but I interpret the law as I read it and it clearly says 'A'. Toad you are exactly right it is not very definitive and I wish this wasn't the case.

I did end up getting some medication, and some really great meds at that. Huge thank you for the help and hopefully I can do the same for someone in need soon.

• 1 month later...

good to hear you were taken care of.

the CoA ruling made it illegal for a Pt to Pt transfer to take place for ANY remuneration, no money, no barter for items of value.

They did NOT make it illegal for me as a Pt, to give freely, meds to the OP, even if he is only a Pt, just so long as he is a current Registered Pt. i Just can not accept compensation/reimbursment or any item of value for said meds. they must be given freely away. but i agree, even then, Bill Schuitte will want to procecute that if he can figure out a way to do it. Keep in mind i am only a self growing Pt, If i had one Pt signed under me and i was a Caregiver, the CoA ruling did Nothing affecting me as a Caregiver currently. but we know this is also being weighed in the Big Daddy trial currently going on. so........

Thus my hole stand on, PM each other for off site contact info, phone number, text number, email address... and Take your HIPPA Protected Medical Conversation into a private setting, where only you and the person you are speaking to are privy to the conversation.

Protect Thy Own Arse, and in doing so, you are protecting those you work with.

keep it between you and the person you are working with. no one else. stay within the law, and we should be fine.

in simplest terms. how i understand it currently.

Cg to Pt transfers still ok with reimbursment/compensation.

Pt to Pt transfer for FREE (give it away ) are ok

anything else, bad idea.

obvious solution, become a Caregiver of a minimum of one Pt. keep your mouths closed.

thats why now is the time to get EVERYONE working on the STILL VIABLE and GOING Recall Shuette campain.

we need just over 800,000 signatures by march 2012, to put a recall schuette prop on the nov 2012 ballot. Lets get it done. now is the season. with the holiday upon us, so MANY in the state hurting because of the current state of affairs, and the Republicans in the state pulling out all the stops against anyone that doesnt have a 10mil dollar slush fund in their name, people being out in droves trying to make an xmas for their family this year, Recall propositions should be EASY to aquire between now and new yrs day!

Archived