More Fake Cards? W/ News And My Suggestion

Morhawk

It doesn't mention if their "operatives" (wtf) used fake cards or not, but it got me thinking. To be a little safer, I would suggest requiring/relying on their paperwork a little more than the card. A fake card could be fairly easy, but to fake a cashed check, doctor's documents/application would be a bit more difficult and would lean a lot more towards entrapment if the fake card isn't already considered. Besides if you got an attitude or a no deal when asking to bring the paperwork, you either know A) the person doesn't care about your safety screw them or B) The police are bored again and are too afraid for their safety over ours to go find a violent criminal.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2011/09/gratiot_county_prosecutor_cann.html

ITHACA — Prosecutors say the owner of a medical-marijuana club in Gratiot County could face up to four years in prison if convicted of delivery of marijuana or of possession with intent to deliver the drug.

Todd E. Prior, 49, of St. Johns in Clinton County, was arraigned Tuesday in Gratiot County District Court on three counts of delivery of marijuana and one count of possession with intent to deliver marijuana.

Gratiot County Prosecutor Keith Kushion said Prior is the owner of Great Lakes Holistic Cannabis Club, 1704 W. Monroe, in the St. Louis area. Each charge carries a maximum sentence of four years in prison and a $20,000 fine.

The prosecutor alleges Prior sold marijuana illegally on three occasions, with two sales occurring Monday and another on Aug. 31. Kushion claims two of the sales were made to an “operative” working for the Mid-Michigan Area Group Narcotics Enforcement Team, or MAGNET.

Kushion alleges a third illegal sale was to a “citizen not associated with MAGNET.” The prosecutor claims the transactions took place in a “Park and Ride” public parking lot along M-46 in Pine River Township,

The Saginaw News could not reach Prior or his attorney, East Lansing lawyer Jeffrey Hank, for comment. Prior has posted a $25,000 bond and awaits a Sept. 27 hearing on the evidence before Gratiot County District Judge Stewart McDonald.

Following voter approval of Michigan’s 2008 medical marijuana law, marijuana can be used to alleviate the symptoms of certain illnesses if someone sees a doctor and gets a state-issued card.

After passage of the law, dispensaries of medical marijuana have cropped up across the state.

Great Lakes Holistic Cannabis Club’s website states the club provides medical marijuana to club members “who are patients and primary caregivers only.”

Kushion said that “If you are a caregiver, you can be a caregiver for someone who has a medical-marijuana card, and you can be a caregiver for up to five different individuals and you can provide them with marijuana.”

The prosecutor claims Prior “was not the registered caregiver for these individuals he delivered marijuana to, therefore he could not be supplying it to them.”

The charge of possession with intent to deliver marijuana “is related to marijuana found in his vehicle after the arrest” on Monday, Kushion said.

“I have no problem with the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act,” Kushion said. “The only problem I have is when the act isn’t followed.”

As a patient without a caregiver, apparently the only way it's legal to use medical marijuana is

a) wait for my own harvest in another month or

b) if some drops out of the sky & I happen to catch it.

Doesn't seem to be legal to actually obtain any.

In actuality though, it seems that the patient is safer. One of the COA arguments to the prosecutor in I believe the Mcqueen case was in fact that one side of the transaction would be legal (the person acquiring) and the other would be illegal (the person giving) and asked if the prosecutor really wanted to pursue that. And also, all the raids that have been run have been at the places that either grow it or transfer it TO patients. Haven't heard of any cases/arrests of a patient acquiring or attempting to acquire medical marijuana. As all the hoopla stands now with the P2P and now this C2P, it seems as PFA (patient from anybody) is okey dokey in LEO's eyes, they are just going after the A...

Wonder if there has been any update on the raid that killed that 7yo girl in Detroit not long ago...................

http://www.mlive.com...cutor_cann.html

ITHACA —.....Kushion alleges a third illegal sale was to a “citizen not associated with MAGNET.” The prosecutor claims the transactions took place in a “Park and Ride” public parking lot along M-46 in Pine River Township,

Yeah I see what you mean, like the patient mentioned above apparently wasn't charged? (i figure if he was they would've said so)

Still all the busts, makes one feel a little unsafe when considering getting meds. I just keep acting like it's still illegal, hiding it as best I can.

A part of any dispensary bill that is presented to our legislature, needs to include wording that specifically makes it illegal to present false documentation to obtain medical marijuana. To include law enforcement in their normal work function.

No one should be able to purchase cannabis with false documents. Including law enforcement.

No law enforcement officer would forge a prescription to try to trick a pharmacy into filling a false prescription.

A part of any dispensary bill that is presented to our legislature, needs to include wording that specifically makes it illegal to present false documentation to obtain medical marijuana. To include law enforcement in their normal work function.

No one should be able to purchase cannabis with false documents. Including law enforcement.

No law enforcement officer would forge a prescription to try to trick a pharmacy into filling a false prescription.

:goodjob: :goodjob:

The cannabis card is a state issued document same as operator license. Forgery of an official state document with intent to defraud is a criminal offense.

Arrest the criminal forgers cops or not, try them in court and if found guilty confiscate their assets and sentence them accordingly. Same as they would do to us. They deserve no better treatment than we would receive under the same circumstances. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

Hey PB, I wouldn't put the forged prescription/pharmacy bust above them. We know what evil deeds they are capable of. If it hasn't happened yet, just means they haven't thought of it.

Also, anyone who uses a $40 fake card will eventually get what they deserve. Foolish. Wouldn't want to be them.

The cannabis card is a state issued document same as operator license. Forgery of an official state document with intent to defraud is a criminal offense.

Arrest the criminal forgers cops or not, try them in court and if found guilty confiscate their assets and sentence them accordingly. Same as they would do to us. They deserve no better treatment than we would receive under the same circumstances. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

Hey PB, I wouldn't put the forged prescription/pharmacy bust above them. We know what evil deeds they are capable of. If it hasn't happened yet, just means they haven't thought of it.

Also, anyone who uses a $40 fake card will eventually get what they deserve. Foolish. Wouldn't want to be them.

WOW .. you mean they just might treat all medicine the same way they treat cannabis?

I hope they do!

It would get everyone really really ticked off.

Actually it happened in our area..Ex Chief was pretending to be some one else..To Obtain vicodin..used Dr.s Numbers..Insurance from one of the names he used..But all these was for personal use or sales..But either way..They gave Ex Chief one year probation and run concurrent with other year..NO jail time and some low fines..Never mentioned the Insurance fraud..Little bit different but the same..They never get in trouble either way they break the law..

Archived