My First Grow - Strains To Be Revealed At A Later Date

donnachris

I picked up two clones of different strains at the farmers market today. They are very pretty although pretty small compared to the other plants that were at the market today, those plants looked to be ready for flower...lol Sure wish that I was that close.

So...I'm going to use General Hydroponics as suggested by a friend that grows some really great Bubba Kush and Northern Michigan Sour Desiel. For Veg, I will be using Floralicious Plus 1ml, Flora Nova Grow 5ml, Flora Blend 10 ml, Flora Nectar 5ml per gallon of reverse osmosis water. I have a tds/ppm/ec meter but I dont really know what I'm supposed to do with it. I will also be adding molasses when I find out how much to add and when...lol I forgot to ask about that one when I asked about the rest. So, I'm a little slow tonight, its the great meds I got at the Farmers Market in Jackson this afternoon.

For the time being they are under flourescent lights and on Monday I will be buying a 250 watt CFL light system to put the babies under until they are big enough to put under the 1000 watt MH system. Plus I have to wait for a new light mover so I can't use the HPS system yet.

Pictures will be posted in the next couple of days.

Thank You All for reading my grow log and special thanks to all that post suggestions.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a ppm/ec meter but I dont really know what I'm supposed to do with it. Also, it measures one more thing.

Read up. Use a chart of high and low numbers until you understand what it's all about. Add back can be very useful. As long as your flushing. No flush = Trouble.

Morning " donnachris "

FEEDCHART.jpg

THIS IS PER GALLON of WATER ....

As far as adding molasses ...

It's Not Necessarily a must ...

( because your adding sugar w/ the Flora Nectar )

By the way , the Flora Nectar is the Pinnapple Rush

I use molasses about once a week on my feed day ...

I only feed once a week w/ using " Smart Pots "

I write it on my Calender as Follows :

I FEED a Day ...

Skip a Day ...

Flush a Day ...

Skip a Day ...

Flush a Day ...

I FEED a Day ...

Skip a Day ...

Flush a Day ...

Skip a Day ...

Flush a Day ...

and it continues that way forever for BOTH

Bloom Room and Veg Room ....

It Never Changes ....

I write that on my Calender each month ...

where ever i leave off , it continues each month ....

I also use Bat Guano approx. twice a month

in Veg. Room on feed day ....

That would be Strictly up to you ....

Personally the molasses is something that I've

used as a part of my Feeding Schedule ...

Just as the Bat Guano ....

The Above Feed Chart is a Must if you plan on

Feeding your Girls the way i do and getting close Results :thumbsu:

This is just a Basic Feeding Chart ....

SIMPLE ....

EASY ....

SUCCESSFUL ....

It's like getting instructions to put a Toy/Bike Together ....

Most only use the Pictures ...

then when they run into a problem ,

Do they Read or Follow instructions ... LOL

Oh I plan on following it. I just wonder where I add the molasses and how much??? And I hope my harvest is half as good as youra is then I will feel successful. Thank You for the opportunity to try it your way.

Again keep reading, i will try to post something new everyday. Oh today, check the temp and rh in the room and its running 75.5 degrees F, and 45% RH. Thats good right???

ok, so I have a question. My girls are in 16 ounce solo cups and they were feeling lighter than saturday. So, any way, how much water would I add to it...just till it comes out the bottom or do I let it run through a little bit??

Hi donnachris,

I'm a student of dr t also, and hoping to follow in his footsteps. He has some happy girls in his care. Make sure that the cups have some drain holes, and don't let the plants sit in soggy soil for too long. Watering until run-off is ok, as long as the cups can drain. Make sure that you have them up out of the run-off so that they can continue to drain. Let them dry out pretty good between waterings. The roots will go searching for water and make a nice root mass for starting in the next size pot. I'm excited for you! And anxious to see your progress. Best wishes!

Toad

oh... make sure you get a fan on em asap. they like plenty of circulation, and the wind makes em stronger.

Hi donnachris,

I'm a student of dr t also, and hoping to follow in his footsteps. He has some happy girls in his care. Make sure that the cups have some drain holes, and don't let the plants sit in soggy soil for too long. Watering until run-off is ok, as long as the cups can drain. Make sure that you have them up out of the run-off so that they can continue to drain. Let them dry out pretty good between waterings. The roots will go searching for water and make a nice root mass for starting in the next size pot. I'm excited for you! And anxious to see your progress. Best wishes!

Toad

oh... make sure you get a fan on em asap. they like plenty of circulation, and the wind makes em stronger.

Thank You for you well wishes. I'm hoping I do well also. I have always managed to do well with other plants. I have grown 10 foot tomato plants, and two years ago we harvested 1776 tomatoes off 9 plants.

They do have drain holes, when I got them they had them. Now when I transplant them into a bigger container, i can leave the solo cup and cut the bottom out of it right??

Thank You for you well wishes. I'm hoping I do well also. I have always managed to do well with other plants. I have grown 10 foot tomato plants, and two years ago we harvested 1776 tomatoes off 9 plants.

They do have drain holes, when I got them they had them. Now when I transplant them into a bigger container, i can leave the solo cup and cut the bottom out of it right??

You could do that, donnachris, but I'd recommend that you try to remove the cup. Let it get dry enough that the mix pulls away from the cup. Get your next container all set, with a depression in the middle just a little bigger than your cup. If you gently tip the cup over, the plants will come right out in your hand. Tickle the roots a little to loosen them up, then nestle it into the pocket in your mix. Press the soil down around it (you don't want any big air pockets) and water it till run-off. You should be good to go.

Some plants, like peonies and green peppers, establish a crown. if you burry the crown it will will stunt the plant. These plants are more like tomatoes. You can burry them a little deeper and, if they're happy, they'll actually sprout some roots from the burried trunk. Don't be afraid if you get them a little deep.

Morning " donnacris "

Sorry I've not posted much here ,

But the Stress has been overwhelming ....

I'll be glad when you get here thursday ... :bighug:

This Week-end is our Elk Festival so the town

will be packed and will probly be a detour in town ...

I sure hope you bring your Notepad so

you can write down a few important things ....

I've done some more fine tuning w/ my rooms ...

You'll Chit when you see what I've done ...

They been kinda Neglected this Summer w/ me

trying to get my home ready for winter ,

Plus Battling the Summer Heat ...

I can't wait to get up there. It is just so relaxing, even the work doesn't seem to wear me out as bad while I am at your house as opposed to down state. Looking forward to learning some new things too. I will make sure to bring a notebook to write all of your intelligence down for me to learn from.

I will be checking on my babies again later on this evening to see how they are doing. So far they are growing just great. I left the clear lid on top of the two plants until last night. The larger of the two was trying to get out it anyway, her leaves were bending because there wasn't enough room under the dome. When her leaves straighten out from being under the dome I will post a new picture of her because she is so beautiful already, I can hardly wait till she grows up. The smaller of the two plants looked like it was trying to stretch towards the light, so I raised both plants closer to the light to keep them from stretching.

The temps/rh are staying right at 75.5 degrees F, and 45% RH but then the only light that is in there is the flourescent light. I plan on adding the 250 watt CFL today which I expect is going to raise the temp in the box. I will add a computer fan and two holes for ventilation which will also add air movement to make my ladies nice and strong.

I plan on giving my little ladies some food tomorrow. I'm only going to make a cup of juice instead of a gallon, so I have a little bit of math to do, so I'm glad that I was good in math...lol If I can figure out how to only make a cup, then I will end up making a quart, which would be much easier to make. I just dont want to waste to many nutrients and the more that I make means more that I waste. :growl:

I will be going away for a couple of days. I know its not normally good to have the cups sitting it water, but to avoid my girls getting totally dry before I get back home, can I set the cups on a plate with some water in it from like Wednesday night until sometime Monday??

I wouldn't normally do this, but my getaway is very important. I expect to meet some really great people and reconnect with some really great people that I have already met.

• 1 month later...

ok, so who ever messed up the website, really screwed those of us who have grow logs on the MMMA website. I for one am one of those peopl who lost alomst a month worth of grow log. A lot of very good information was lost when the website was hacked and destroyed.

So, I will get new pictures of my girls tomorrow rather than post any pictures that have already been seen. Two of them are off the charts. They are Plant 2 is 15 inches and Plant 3 is just about 18 inches. The other two plants are not doing as well. Plant 4 has turned all kids of different colors. She is a lime green and some of her leaves have purple around the edges. Plant 1 has dried out to the point of being slumped over so I believe that stress has caused her not to grow so much because she was about 2 inches when I got her and she is only 9 inches now and I've had her for six weeks already.

Its All Good Donna ....

So Very Sorry ....

We All know ....

Its Ok Girl ....

You will have Many More Grows and

We All will Grow together ...

All Growers have MANY Things we have to Learn ...

A Good Grower will Never let ANYTHING STOP US ....

Just Keep pushing Foward ...

I have Faith in you ....

Just Let it Be ...

IT IS WHAT IT IS ....

You 'll be a Better Grower Becuase of this .,....

Promise ....

You 'll be much Stronger ....

Catchya in the am :bighug:

Ok, so ALL of our pictures that were posted in October are all gone. No biggie, I have all mine, but you've seen them all except the most recent ones. Most everybody that looks has seen all the rest. So...here's the newest pics.

Plant 1 - She's growing slowly but surely. She's at about 11 inches and mostly green. She does have some yellowing on her leaves But two days ago when she got fed I had increased her nutrients. General Hydronics recommends 10ml of FloraNova Grow during growth and aggresive growth, so I increased her nutrients to that at 1/2 strength.

gallery_22326_960_1170025.jpg

Plant 2 - She's looking pretty good but has a few leaves that are yellowed, but I think the increase in nutrients will take care of that problem. I'm still convinced that she is sativa but the person who transfered her to me said that she is indica. Her leaves are only about 3/4-1 cm wide, while the other plants that I have their leaves are about 2 cm wide.

gallery_22326_960_1151207.jpg

Plant 3 - Looks pretty good although she does have some yellowed leaves. Like the other plants the nutrient increase will help her along.

gallery_22326_960_1206395.jpg

Plant 4 - She still looks like she did over a week ago. Her leaves are almost flourescent green, I'm not sure but I think that they might evenglow in the dark. That is except for the edges of some of the leaves, they are a purple color. I still don't know what to do. I flushed her a few days ago but then two days later my dumb donkey fed her again and didn't give her any break. I think that I may flush her again depending on what common though is to it.

gallery_22326_960_2377729.jpg

gallery_22326_960_1555422.jpg

gallery_22326_960_172491.jpg

So, if you read my log, and you are a grower with more experience than I have, please post your opinion as to what you would do. She's be flourescent green now for over a week. She has red around some of her leaves. She is losing probably one leaf every day. Most importantly, she is still growing. In the last week she has grown over an inch maybe even two.

Ok, so I looked in on my girls again and they all looked good except for some slight yellowing, no big deal, that should be gone soon since I increased the Flora Nova Grow for their last feeding. Plant 4 hasn't been fed except the one time two days after she got flushed. Well, she is really starting to turn purple and flourescent green. I agree that she probably has a P deficiency but I believe she is just deficient altogeether so I fed her today. I'm hoping that all that is wrong with her is that she needed more nutrients and I flushed her instead because if that's the case, by feeding her today, if I keep feeding her, maybe she will recover, but it doesn't look like she's going to. I pulled like eight leaves off of her today. Here are her pictures.

gallery_22326_960_2195291.jpg

gallery_22326_960_1765690.jpg

Please tell me what you think. I know that people have been reading my log, but not many people are commenting on it. I think part of it is that people are leaving for another site that was started just recently. And they are posting the same information on that website as we are on this on. Looks like the other website started October 26, 2011, WOW what a fishy date, wasn't that just a day or two before our own website went down.

Archived