My First Grow - Strains To Be Revealed At A Later Date

donnachris

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those nutrients you are using are really meant for hydro growing. You may want to switch to an organic/organic based fertilizer eventually. Much more forgiving IMO. Better yet, an organic soil mix fortified with dry amendments (guanos, kelp, blood/bone meal, minerals) and fed with compost teas is fool proof and will give you the highest quality medicine.

Those nutrients you are using are really meant for hydro growing. You may want to switch to an organic/organic based fertilizer eventually. Much more forgiving IMO. Better yet, an organic soil mix fortified with dry amendments (guanos, kelp, blood/bone meal, minerals) and fed with compost teas is fool proof and will give you the highest quality medicine.

Thank you for your suggestion. Take a look at Tarzan's grow here on the forums. He is my mentor and I am using the exact same nutrients that he is.

I beginning to that that because this particular plant hasn't been fed for two weeks, and very lightly before that that the only problem that I ever had with her is that she is a heavy feeder and the amount of nutes I was giving her wasn't enough. For everybody that reads from now on, is that a possibility. Because people who I've spoke to that has grown the strain has said that she's a heavy feeder.

Thank you for your suggestion. Take a look at Tarzan's grow here on the forums. He is my mentor and I am using the exact same nutrients that he is.

I beginning to that that because this particular plant hasn't been fed for two weeks, and very lightly before that that the only problem that I ever had with her is that she is a heavy feeder and the amount of nutes I was giving her wasn't enough. For everybody that reads from now on, is that a possibility. Because people who I've spoke to that has grown the strain has said that she's a heavy feeder.

Sure looks like it needs more nutes. Feed it a higher dose and pay attention to how it reacts. It's really all about paying attention to the plant and being responsive to its needs. Of course it can take a while to learn how to respond effectively. I guess that's paying your dues as a new grower.

I guess that's paying your dues as a new grower.

That really makes me feel better about having the problems that I'm having. I just had an offer to come visit my home if I were closer so as to see where I'm going wrong I think. But paying dues...Yeah that's it. One plant out of four, its dues to learn to become a better grower.

Well I made a 1/2 gallon of full strength nutes. Plants 1 and the problem plant # 4 each got one cup of full strength nutes ad plants two and four which are under the 1000 watt MH doing great each got 4 cups of full strength nutes. I did not put the increased Flora Nova Grow, it was recommended to increase the number of feeds not the amount of nutrients. How do you all feel about that?? Thanks in advance for your help.

I think part of the problem you are having is being over cautious, and not wanting to over-fertilize. Your plants are big enough now that full strength nutes will be ok. Especially if you only use them every other watering. I wait untill my soil dries almost completely, then totaly saturate the soil when I water. I use full strength nutes every time I water, and I never have a problem. I flush 1 time towards the end of the veg cycle. Since you are learning, increase the nutes gradually untill you know what they will do. Nothing is worse than burning up a plant, but I believe you are too worried about it, and your plants are being starved a little. If you only give the plants enough nutes to just survive, you can end up with some very low potency meds regardless of how good the genetics are. You will get it all figured out, it will just take a little time.

Edit: I forgot to mention, it is important not to have your soil wet all the time, this will promote root rot & diseases.

That is why you should let them dry out, but be careful as a medium sized fast growing plant can easily go through a couple gallons of water in 48 hours. Check them often as they get larger

What are you using for your grow medium? If the plant is in soil the last one looks too deficient. It shouldn't get that bad from not feeding in soil when the plant is so small still. Are you over watering it? It's probably the most common mistake a new grower makes. Over watering will prevent proper root growth and cause extreme deficiencies like that. Too often people think they just need to feed more when they need to water less. I would first make sure you aren't over watering before that one dies.

Hey Donnachris,Those plants yer growin are starvin. Your ferts your using are not strong enuff for them(flora nova)i would get a higher nitrogen fert. but i would only use that fert untill things look better and then switch back to the flora nova. higher n will make the stem grow too fast.

What are you using for your grow medium? If the plant is in soil the last one looks too deficient. It shouldn't get that bad from not feeding in soil when the plant is so small still. Are you over watering it? It's probably the most common mistake a new grower makes. Over watering will prevent proper root growth and cause extreme deficiencies like that. Too often people think they just need to feed more when they need to water less. I would first make sure you aren't over watering before that one dies.

I am growing in Pro-Mix Bx. I had posted that before but due to the loss of October's information, that was no longer in my log, sorry about that.

Hey Donnachris,Those plants yer growin are starvin. Your ferts your using are not strong enuff for them(flora nova)i would get a higher nitrogen fert. but i would only use that fert untill things look better and then switch back to the flora nova. higher n will make the stem grow too fast.

Its really only the one thqt is starving, and like I said before, she hasn't been fed anyting in over a week, and before that it had been four or five days, So actually she has only gotten fed once in over two weeks. No wonder she looks lie she does. Well i fed her lasat night at full strength in hopes that it was that she's starving. I will feed her full strength nutes every other time she gets wet that way hopefully she will recover, I'm hopeing to get her under the MH in the next two weeks as the hubby wants to germinate some seeds and will need the CFL for those plants.

Looks like Pro-Mix Bx really has no nutrients added to it. It's a grow medium not a soil. You should have been feeding from very early on.

You mentioned that you are following Tarzan's instructions right? So I assume this is what he is growing in? If so then you should start following his feeding schedule. Start moving the nutrients up to full strength.

Feed them..i never understood why peopl want to follow a water/feed/flush/feed/water when in promix or sunshine mix.salts dont build up that fast in these mixes.i feed every water with a flush about every 4 weeks.the amount i feed them depends on what light there under.the t5s half strenght,the 600smh full strenght.the one with the purpling id toss in a high phosphourous nute for a few waters..like change your grow to bloom for a water or two and check the runoff from your pots.they look nice tho!!!tarzans leading u down a good road..just find out his feed schedule cus it just seems like your not feeding enough.theyll require more food when u switch to the higher wattage light.

I've actually been feeding them on Tarzan's schedule, but my plants seem to be heavy feeders and they are not getting enough nutes on that schedule so what I have decided to do was increase the Flora Nova Grow to what General Hydroponics has recommended for growth every other water. I will feed at the 10 ml/gal for the next week to two weeks and then throw the two that are under the mh into the bloom room. The other two, provided they make it, should hopefully be ready for the bloom room about the time that the first two finish.

Speaking of the two that are under the MH light. I purchased a daisey cloner today and hopefully will be bringing clones to the farmers market in december or january. :thumbsu:

Nice.looking forward to seeing the progress.i was gona say this in my last post but unless everything is the same..genetics..rooms etc etc..u really cant just follow everything someone else doe.its good to get someone to teach you the basics..the rest is up to you to dial in on.those all do look to have a really heavy indica influence based on their structure and leaf make up there a hybrid leaning more towards the indica side.

I know for sure that three of my plants are indica, the fourth is kjnda iffy as to whether its sativa or indica. Look it up for yourself. I found like three really good website. Its uk cheese and there are only a cohple of good sites on it and the sites cannot agree as to whether its sativa or indica based...lol

Let me know how the Daisy Cloner works, I believe it has no dome on it? and for $90 I am looking in to it.

If its cheese, you will smell it! i trimmed a CheeseWreck plant and almost barfed at the 'old, cheese like' smell - it was funny! So if its a 'cheese' variant you'll figure it out!

DN

Let me know how the Daisy Cloner works, I believe it has no dome on it? and for $90 I am looking in to it.

If its cheese, you will smell it! i trimmed a CheeseWreck plant and almost barfed at the 'old, cheese like' smell - it was funny! So if its a 'cheese' variant you'll figure it out!

DN

It is a cheese, what I was wondering about is whether it is Indica or Sativa. I've checked a couple of websites, and on seome of the websites, they say, it's an Indica but has the energized buzz of a Sativa.

There are a couple of Cheese varieties out there....either one of them is a hybrid.

Big Buddha Cheese (UK Cheese x Afghani)

UK Cheese ( Select pheno out of 88-89 Skunk # )

Heres the backround info:

http://www.dope-seed.../big_bhudda.htm

Big Buddha's Cheese is the one I would assume to be floating around here....

There are a couple of Cheese varieties out there....either one of them is a hybrid.

Big Buddha Cheese (UK Cheese x Afghani)

UK Cheese ( Select pheno out of 88-89 Skunk # )

Heres the backround info:

http://www.dope-seed.../big_bhudda.htm

Big Buddha's Cheese is the one I would assume to be floating around here....

I'm growing Big Buddha's cheese, and the buds look nothing like LHB's. I got some UK Cheese seeds from Attitude also (5) and 0 germinations. :(

I can't take the credit. according to the source of the original clone, YEARS ago they went thru 8 seed packs to find this gem! I didn't do the hard work. spend the cash, worry about the mail, sex, clone and keep track of the 80+ plants over who knows how much time to find that one special girl.

I just stepped in and took the glory! I kinda suck!! lol

Archived