My First Grow - Strains To Be Revealed At A Later Date

donnachris

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I will help take over this thread too, Here is Big Buddha's version of Cheese.

It stretched a lot when I put it into flower, I would have used a bigger pot if I had known. Probably stunted because it's only in a 2.5 gallon pot. I'm standing behind the plant for scale. If you left click the pic you can see better detail.

gallery_27613_975_2796707.jpg

I thought that the leaves on my plant seemed kinda thin compared to the other plants. They've gotten a little thicker in the last week, but not much, not enough to make me think that it was indica or indica dominant. But the person I got it from told me it was indica.

Ok, so I just transplanted Plant 1, her roots were unbelieveable. She had roots swirling the bottom of the bowl that she had been in for all of two weeks. Its amazing how fast their roots grow.

Plant 1 - is now in her final home under the 1000 watt MH light, she looks so small compared to the other plants that are in there already. In another couple of weeks I will be moving her into the bloom room with her sisters, but we are going to wait and see. I want to take some cuttings to the farmers market, so I may just cut number 1 back into mostly clones and then let her grow again.

Plant 2 - has been under the MH for exaactly 16 days now and she has more than doubled the size that she was when I put her in the vegging room. She is really starting to green back up now that I've increased the FLora Nova Grow to 10 ml instead of 5 ml, that and the fact that I have fed, fed, fed. I figure if they are yellowing because they aren't getting enough nutrients, then I need to increase the amount of nurients that the plants are getting.

Plant 3 - is looking good, same as plant 3 now that she is getting more nutrients, she is also starting to get a little bit greener or should I say not so yellow.

Plant 4 - she is looking better. Her new growth is all still green from yesterday, that's three days in a row that her leaves are green. Plus, her top leaves are not as flourescent green as what they have been. At the rate they are changing colors, I would be that in the next fours days she will be okay and all the right color. Wish me luck. I am so glad that I finally pulled my head out of my butt and realized that the only thing that was wrong with her is that I wasn't feeding her. I am so relieved that she is finally getting better. I think that I will feed three or four more times before I switch back to a normal watering schedule which will be feed, dry, water, dry, feed.

I really wanted to try Tarzan's method, but my plants don't seem to like it, they want more than what they were getting only being fed once every 7 days. Thank you Tarzan for all the help that you have already given me and all the questions that you have yet to answer...lol I also want to thank everybody else who tried to help me diagnose my poor sick malnutritioned plant.

And Here is a rhinoman version.

gallery_14186_969_102875.jpg

Very nice and frosty. Can wait until mine get that way. We are waiting for some flanges so we can set up the air-cooled 1000 watt HPS light and put two plants under it and then in 8 weeks and between 10 1/2 to 12 weeks and then mine should be finishing. I am so excited. I am getting closer and closer.

So I looked in on the plants today. They are all looking great, even Plant 4, the problem plant, is looking better. I feed them yesterday. Turns out I misunderstood how I was supposed to be watering. I gave plants 2 and 3 five litres of nutrient solution at 3/4 strength. Plant 4 was given 1 1/2 cups of nutrient solution at 3/4 strength, and plant one was given about 1 litre of nutrient solution at 3/4 strength, Plant 4 was given 1 1/2 cups of nutrient solution.

Plant heights are Plant 1 - 14 inches, Plant 2 - 22 1/2 inches, Plant 3 - 21 1/2 inches, Plant 4 - 10 1/2 inches.

Plants 1 & 2 - Plant 1 is on the right.

gallery_22326_960_2070523.jpg

Plants 1 & 3 - Plant 1 is on the left.

gallery_22326_960_2540716.jpg

Plants 1, 2 & 3 - Plant 1 is on the left, Plant 2 is in the back, and Plant 3 is in the front corner.

gallery_22326_960_1225517.jpg

Plants 1, 2 & 3 - Plant 1 is on the left, Plant 2 is in the back, and Plant 3 is in the front.

gallery_22326_960_2801662.jpg

Plant 3 - Some of the leaes have these spots that looks like its burn. It's only on about 6 or 8 leaves so I'm not real worried about it, but if you know what it is, please let me know.

gallery_22326_960_2916660.jpg

Plant 4 - Starting to look better after being almost starved to death.

gallery_22326_960_1725314.jpg

Another view of Plant 4.

gallery_22326_960_642802.jpg

Last view of Plant 4.

gallery_22326_960_2129854.jpg

See...Plant 4 is getting better, she has a lot more green on her than what she had on her a few days ago.

Looking nice, think its about time to start pruning for flower growth??cutting off any of the lower or hidden growth spots will make the growth where it counts better.

They are looking much better. I figured you would get the hang of it, the two larger plants are looking pretty happy. I'm sure the fall color plant will be looking good before long.

Thanks, It took a little longer than I had thought that it would, but the girls are nice and happy, and growing like "weeds"...lol

Ok, so I fed them again today at 3/4 strength, Plant 2 got 2 gallons, Plant 3 got 2 gallons.

Plant Heights, Plant 1 - 15.5 inches

Plant 2 - 24 inches

Plant 3 - 22.5 inches

Plant 4 - 10.5 inches

So...plant 4 is still a little sickly looking. Although she is much more green today than she has been in a long time. She is now moe than half green, and probably taller but I put dirt on top of the rootball for her so she may actually be a little taller than that but I did bury part of her stem which would make her appear little shorter.

Ok so i just went down and checked on the girls. Boy are they getting tall. Plant 1 - 18 inches, Plant 2 - 26 1/2 inches, Plant 3 - 25 inches, and last but certainly not least the sickly plant Plant 4 - 12 inches. An bushy, boy oh boy, plants two and three are bigger around that the circle I can make with my arms. I would not be able to hug the plants because they are tooooo big around. WOW, just amazing.

Well, I'm going to be cutting clones today. I figure I'll probably cut 4 off each plant. The top will be one of the cuts that I make, plus there are some really strong branches on Plant 3 that I plan on taking so that the clone starts off with a strong central core hopefully anyways.

Hey Donnachris, Not tellin ya what to do but them plants your growin have a stellar main cola and not to much stretch. So if ya have the head room i would take the cutting from the bottom.

I can only go to about 4 1/2 to 5 foot, and I thought that if I took the cutting from the top that I would have several main colas?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a cola is a bud, and it comes after you've changed the lights to 12/12 correct?? If that's the case how would I even have a cola??

Looking good Donnachris!

Nice job with nurturing them all back to health.

I'm always amazed at how resilient these beautiful plants are.

Thanks Prophet, I really wasn't sure that I could bring the one plant back, the other plants didn't have much of a problem just a little N deficiency. Plant 4 really was in bad shape though, all of her leaves were flourescent with purple on them, she really was hungry. I can't believe that it took me almost a month to figure out what was wrong with her especially having not fed her.

Thank you to everyone who is visiting my log. I really appreciate you stopping by.

I can only go to about 4 1/2 to 5 foot, and I thought that if I took the cutting from the top that I would have several main colas?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a cola is a bud, and it comes after you've changed the lights to 12/12 correct?? If that's the case how would I even have a cola??

Thanks Prophet, I really wasn't sure that I could bring the one plant back, the other plants didn't have much of a problem just a little N deficiency. Plant 4 really was in bad shape though, all of her leaves were flourescent with purple on them, she really was hungry. I can't believe that it took me almost a month to figure out what was wrong with her especially having not fed her.

Thank you to everyone who is visiting my log. I really appreciate you stopping by.

If you cut the main top of the plant your side branches will replace your top. but the plant will only produce only so much, its mass = how much roots. it basically comes down to trimmin would ya rather trim a bunch of little buds or one big one with a few nice side branches.

If you cut the main top of the plant your side branches will replace your top. but the plant will only produce only so much, its mass = how much roots. it basically comes down to trimmin would ya rather trim a bunch of little buds or one big one with a few nice side branches.

I have a couple of the same strain so what I have decided to do was top one of the plants and not the other and see what happens. That will help me decide whether or not I am going to top my plants from now on.

I have a couple of the same strain so what I have decided to do was top one of the plants and not the other and see what happens. That will help me decide whether or not I am going to top my plants from now on.

Keep in mind that some strains will produce significantly more meds if topped out. Not all strains respond this way however. I grow a strain that will produce 3 times as much weight in flowers if I top it so it branches out a few times. What is good for one strain can be very different for another.

Keep in mind that some strains will produce significantly more meds if topped out. Not all strains respond this way however. I grow a strain that will produce 3 times as much weight in flowers if I top it so it branches out a few times. What is good for one strain can be very different for another.

I agree, i use topping and bending on my sativa doms. With shorter indica plants i find that because they are so short, bending and topping could make it too bushy, hence small buds and only on the outside. Sativas keep growing for at least a month in to flower, so i veg my plants to about 2 feet tall (maybe 3 - but its going to be work to bend under the lights!) In Flower, they keep growing to about 5 feet! So the bending is used rather than cutting or cropping the plant - because bending causes less stress to the plant. And like Mike44 said, you will expose more side branches to light, so they will develop bigger buds further down the stems. When you bend the main stem, you cause the plant hormones to be distributed to other branches - this can cause a side branch(es) to become as big as the main stem!

gallery_15246_564_727387.jpg Note both plants - one in the veg/clone room you can see is bent already, then the big plant in the photo shows many branches reaching for light - those are side branches capable of large buds!

Also note - this is a perpetual grow room, i have a plant vegging, the plant in the back is about 7 weeks into flower, the plant in the front is just 2-3 weeks into flower. When I cut down the plant in the back, the vegging plant will come into the flower room. clones are hidden from view.

DN

Archived