My First Grow - Strains To Be Revealed At A Later Date

donnachris

Keep in mind that some strains will produce significantly more meds if topped out. Not all strains respond this way however. I grow a strain that will produce 3 times as much weight in flowers if I top it so it branches out a few times. What is good for one strain can be very different for another.

I agree 100% . If you are going to experiment , make sure you have a sister plant for what you are doing your experiment on .

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have a sister plant for the one that I will top. I got two Lemon Cake plants from one person and then one plant from another person. The one that I got individually I will leave alone and I will top one of the other two. Also I spoke to the person that I got the UK Cheese from told me that he tops all of his plants. What I've decided to do is top Plant 2 - UK Cheese and Plant 4 - Lemon Cake.

Today I took clones from Plant 3 - Lemon Cake and Plant 2 UK Cheese. The LC Clones will be numbered LC 3-1, 3-2 etc. The UK Cheese clones will be named UK 1, UK 2 etc. I cut the clone with scissors then used a clean scalpel to cut the end at a 45* angle which was then dipped in cloning solution and put into a rockwool block into the Daisy Cloner.

Daisy Cloner is set up 1 1/2 gallons of water ph'd to 6.5 with 4 teaspoons of clonex added for good measure.

After the clones were cut from Plant 3, she was put into the flower room which is set to come on 6am to 6pm, my first plant into flower. YIPPEE ! ! ! ! ! Only thing now is waiting I've been told that the flower time on the Lemon Cake is between 10 1/2 to 12 weeks. Only time will tell. I will begin cutting lower buds off at about 10 weeks and keep checking every 4 to 5 days after that to allow the plant to get to where it works best for me.

Thanks again for reading everyone. It makes writing this journal worth it.

So WOW, I just realized that I never said that I transplanted Plant 4 the sick plant. On November 9th I made the decision that maybe if I transplanted the sick plant and put her under the 1000 watt MH that maybe it would help her get better. Most people that I talked to said that beause she was already ill and most definitely in shock that my best bet would be to leave her where she was in the 6 inch pot under the 125 watt CFL until she was no longer ill. Well i did transplant her and since she has been getting better by leaps and bounds. I am amazed at how well she is doing.

Plant 1 - she is doing just fine. I will probably be putting her into the flower room within a week to ten days. I would like to try and run a perpetual using the Lemon Cake. Since she was a little small when I got her she is growing very well. She will be the next one to go into flower in two to three weeks maybe not even that long.

gallery_22326_960_2187331.jpg

Plant 2 - She is doing really great I was told today that I can expect maybe a four foot plant and if I grow the UK again that maybe I should put her into flower before she gets so big. Oh well live and learn. Everybody keeps telling me that its a learning process and I really wasn't sure when to put the into flower. Some people say a number of weeks in veg until they go into flower and some say it's based on height. Well I guess that's how I was going, i was to grow the plant to 3/4 of the size that I wanted it in flower and that came from the person that I bought the clones from.

gallery_22326_960_1593493.jpg

gallery_22326_960_659578.jpg

gallery_22326_960_3034930.jpg

Plant 3 - She is doing really well too, but you're going to have to wait for a picture because my phone died before I could get pictures of her, plus after I cut her clones off I put her in the flower room and closed the door. The lights in flower are set to come on at 6 am and go off at 6 pm so I didn't want to open the door since it had already been closed. I'll post a couple of pics of her tomorrow she is as spectacular as Plant 2 and almost the same size.

Plant 4 - In the Vegging room under the 1000 watt MH she has grown to over 12 inches and an inch and a half of that has been since she was put under the MH light. Also since she was in the bigger pot instead of giving her half strength nutrients I have been giving her full strength instead. She still has some yellow leaves but pretty much most of the purple is gone and I expect within the next few days that all of the purple will be gone and most of the yellow will have changed back to green (which I was told would not happen).

gallery_22326_960_2048094.jpg

gallery_22326_960_2087403.jpg

I was going to try and run Bubblegrower's 9 day perpetual cycle, but my bloom room is not big enough for six plants. I might be able to get five in there but then two of the plants are going to get low light and i will need to move plants around. If I only have four plants on my bloom room then there will be plenty of room.

So this is like my favorite looking plant. I love how when the new leaves open they kind of look like stars. I wish I could get a better picture of her. Plant 2 -

gallery_22326_960_2143.jpg

And the young lady in the bloom room, she seems real happy in there. I'm a little upset though. I bought timers to operate fans and lights and the one in the bloom room does not seem to be working. I tried something tonight before the lights went out so we will see what happens. Plant 3 -

gallery_22326_960_105238.jpg

So the girls are all happy in their smart pots. One of the plants even had roots that came through the side of the pot and grew out about 1/4 o fan inch and stopped. Sometimes I wish that I was growing in hyrdo because I would love to see what the roots of these plants look like. I can imagine the difference in the plants due to the speed in which they take up water but still it would be kinda cool to be able to see what the roots like right about now. When all is said and done with I will know what the roots look like because I am going to try and make a balm out of the roots. I found the recipem on another site and posted it on this site. Other people have posted to my thread that they have made the balm and it worked so why not use every part of the plant that I can. I wasn't planning on reveggin the plant so I might as well griend up the roots and use them. I'll let you know how the balm works and if it works really well I'll be sharing.

They are looking good Donna, Keep them well fed & watered, check often for pests and before long you will have a nice harvest. You are doing real well for your first attempt, and you have certainly learned a lot. I hope the cloner works well, keep us updated on how quickly you get roots, and if you have any problems with it.

Ok, so I can see roots on the clones that I cut on the 16th. I decided that even though the roots were not coming out of the rockwool yet I believe that the clones are going to live so I put the UK Cheese into the bloom room. That's the second plant that has went in. I am so excited I can hardly believe that I made it this far. In the beginning I really thought that I had killed them. And then when Plant four started turning yellow I thought that I was over feeding her so I quit and that was exactly the opposite of what was going o. It wasn't that I was over feeding her, it was that I was under feeding her because she is a heavy feeder. Since I transplanted her and started feeding her on the 5th, she got better by leaps and bounds, now all she has is just a few leaves that are not green and her leaves are geting very big. I will post pics in the next couple of days. Today I have to take a three hour ride so that I can go to the VA hospital in Detroit for three dr's appointments. Wish me luck...lol

Nope, not going to do any breeding but I did want my lines to carry on so what else was I supposed to do...buy more clones...lol I really don't think so. I've cloned house plants before in just water. I figured with cloning gel and a cloner I couldn't go wrong. I was right, now I've got more clones than what I need. I don't have more than I can have though so I am still legal.

So I put the Lemon Cake into the bloom room on the 16th of November and the UK Cheese went in on the 22nd of this month and I was told that it would take two weeks to see any signs that the plants are female, in other words, until I see hairs. Well Hubby called me yesterday while I was in Detroit and told me that he could see where the buds were going to grow on the plants. I told him he was crazy because it's barely been a week for one plant and just a couple of days for the other. Well, he was right, I checked this morning and both the LC and the UKC have hairs on them, not all over the plant or anything but there are for sure hairs on the plant. I tried getting a pic of the Lemon Cake hairs but they are in such a position that I can't get it, I will try the UKC later.

So I checked the clones that I cut last week and unfortunately there are no roots are all on the UK Cheese cuttings. I had hoped to be able to donate them to the Rodeo next week but it doesn't look like I am going to be able to. Three of the LC clones have roots coming out of the bottom of the rockwool so I am going to put them in Pro-Mix today. I will take three more cuttings from the UKC and hopefully they will root because the person I got mine from lost his back-up and can't get me another clone of it.

Oh Man Long Hair, back in September when I got the plants the person I got them from told me that they were only going to Veg for 8 weeks. But then he did tell me that I had a different strain because I left it up to him what he gave me. I asked him a second time and he still told me 8 weeks. Oh well. No Biggie. He's a CG and I told him what was wrong with me and asked him to give me something that would work for what ails me. He recommended the UK Cheese and told me that it would help me sleep and help me with pain. That is more than I could ask for to get some rest so that my body can go through some healing.

I will let everyone know how it works for my pain and sleeping. I know there are other people out there with sleep problems. I've seen other post here on the forum of other people asking for help with sleep problems.

So I was able to transplant a couple of clones today, not as many as I had hoped. I was hoping to take a couple clones to a fellow patient and I was also hoping to donate a couple of clones. Well they didn't root fast enough to do that. Well I only go to the market every two weeks and they will definitely be ready then and then I can donate them like I had planned.

Ok, so I am absolutely flabbergasted at my plants. I asked several people how long it would take to get hairs on my plants. Almost everyone that I talked to told that it was going to take at least two weeks to get hairs on my plants. Well Plant three was put into flower on the 16th and the UK Cheese was put in on the 22nd and both showed hairs on the 24th. Here are pictures of the Lemon Cake.

It's a Girl!!!

gallery_22326_960_96981.jpg

gallery_22326_960_2245102.jpg

gallery_22326_960_1248616.jpg

gallery_22326_960_1071511.jpg

Thank you for enjoying my grow log. I do it for you my audience...lol

Dammit I think I got spider mites. Do they start out kind clear and you can see through their bodies?? I know I've seen that people use Neem Oil. Is there anything else and how exactly do I use it??

http://forums.cannab...Mites01Aweb.jpg

Thats a pic of spider mite damage.

Remove all infected leaves and start on a weekly spray schedule. Preventative measures are best against spider mites, but you can solve the problem head on. Try AzaMax, Azatrol, and/or Hot Shot Pest Strips. Spray every 3-4 days during an outbreak and weekly when there are none.

I'm sure a few others will chime in to help.

I dont see any heat stress...I would recommend incorporating MIGHTY WASH(old school) into w/e regimen you decide.Mites are evil..dont take them lightly..in a matter of 2 weeks 1 can turn into hundreds, with webs and ugly chit all over and a reduction in overall yield.. etc etc...I would quarantine your clones and clean them.Theyll be the easiest to rid of mites...Azamax is effective sprayed over a period of time.Its really hard to recommend products for fighting mites short of the "nuclear" weapons of miticides, since theres no telling what the mites you have are resistant too...I had a strain of mite a few years back that NOTHING killed except floramite.Avid was a knockdown but didnt kill them all.came from a batch of clones from cali.

Archived