My First Grow - Strains To Be Revealed At A Later Date

donnachris

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Long Hair Bri came to my house yesterday to look over my grow, and he gave me some very good common sense tips about what I should be doing to my plants. Like pulling the dead leaves off the plants, funny thing is, I think to do htis off my house plants but never even considered taking the dead leaves off the plant or not letting the dead leaves sit on top of the pro-mix. He also brought me a few gifts which really suprised me so I had to share with him, I gave him a couple of my clones.

Tarzan - We will be washing the walls and floors with bleach.

LongHairBri - We are putting the floor liner down today when we take the plants out to spray them for the few mites that we have.

Everybody Else, please keep reading. I will be adding pictures in the next few days. My girls in flower are really starting to look nice. The lemon cake has grape size buds on it and they are beautiful. I can't believe that I have actually gotten them this far with all the problems that I had with the plants...lol

I was told yesterday that my lemon cake plants are really going to fill out, it was recommended that I put the two smaller plants into flower now because they are going to get so much bigger while they are flowering. I thought that I was told to veg them to 3/4 of their desired height then put them into flower, oh well live and learn and learn I have. I have learned more in the past three months growing than I thought that I had learned over the past year reading about growing.

And I want to thank my Mentor for all that he has done for me. When he found me, I hadn't decided anything about how I was going to grow or what I was going to grow in, how long till I had to transplant. Basically he has gotten me from the clones that I picked up in september to the plants that I have take clones from that are in flower and in veg.

So, while LHB was here he recommended a nutrient change and since he brought me two bottles to donate to me I figured I would try it. I've seen other people Lemon Cake using the same nutrients and there wasn't any yellowing like there was on my plants. LHB brought me Dyna-Pro Mag-Pro and Dyna-Pro Bloom, I am going to be running the Lucas Method. This is my first grow and there seem to be some deficiencies running the nutrients that I was running so I will try this for a few weeks and if the plants like it then I will stay with it. If not, I will look for another method.

The sugar leaves on the Lemon Cake are starting to get trichomes on them. They are looking really crystally. Yummy!! I can't wait to be harvesting. I'm shooting for the end of January.

I have switched to the Lucas Method in Pro-Mix and I'm not real sure that my plants are liking that either, they seem to be getting a little yellow between the veins and pruple around the edges. I'm goin to keep feeding them this way for another few feedings and see if things pick up, if not I will be switching back to the General Hydroponics Flora Nova Line. As far as growth, they are all getting bigger. The Lemon Cake in flower has grape size buds on it, the UK Cheese has marble size buds on it. The sugar eaves on both plants are starting to get "Sugar" on them. I guess it's about time for me to get some pcitures up. Well I have to take the plants out of the room tomorrow to spray with Mite-Rid again anyway so I will take pics of them then. I will try and post them here tomorrow or the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so the mites aren't quite gone but I am staying on top of them and they are definitely on their way out. What I don't understand is there are two plants in flower and only one of them have mites on it. Who knows?? Here's what the Lemon Cake in flower looks like.

Also, I figured out why my plants weren't liking the Lucas Method. I was ph'ing to between 5.6 to 6.2 and in that range most everything is in lock out. So I started ph'ing to 6.5 again and wow what a difference it has made in my plants. But the Lemon Cake really took a beating, you can see from her picture that she doesn't have many fan leaves. The UK Cheese is similar to the Lmeon Cake in that it too is missing a lot of the fan leaves.

Plant 3

Oh Ganja Tree, Oh Ganja Tree-

gallery_22326_960_2185507.jpg

This is not the main cola, the main cola is behind this HUGE bud...lol

gallery_22326_960_136384.jpg

Thank You to EveryBody who watches my grow log.

ok so the mites aren't quite gone but I am staying on top of them and they are definitely on their way out. What I don't understand is there are two plants in flower and only one of them have mites on it. Who knows?? Here's what the Lemon Cake in flower looks like.

Also, I figured out why my plants weren't liking the Lucas Method. I was ph'ing to between 5.6 to 6.2 and in that range most everything is in lock out. So I started ph'ing to 6.5 again and wow what a difference it has made in my plants. But the Lemon Cake really took a beating, you can see from her picture that she doesn't have many fan leaves. The UK Cheese is similar to the Lmeon Cake in that it too is missing a lot of the fan leaves.

Plant 3

Oh Ganja Tree, Oh Ganja Tree-

gallery_22326_960_2185507.jpg

This is not the main cola, the main cola is behind this HUGE bud...lol

gallery_22326_960_136384.jpg

Thank You to EveryBody who watches my grow log.

looking good Donna!! that lc will be tasty!! where's the pic's of the cheese?

still a very nice ganja tree!!! happy holidaze too u! and thanks for sharing your grow peace

Thank You Angel!! Merry Christmas to you and your from me and mine.

Nice! Looks like you have the good version of LC! You are lucky you didn't get the crappy one like I did!

Wow I didn't realize that there was a good version and crappy version. I got plants from two different people I wonder if they are both the good stuff. I'm sure they are because the plants look identical to each other.

looking good Donna!! that lc will be tasty!! where's the pic's of the cheese?

The cheese looks almost as good and the only reason I got the pic I got is because hubby wanted to make the "Ganja Tree" for his faebook page...lol Thanks to you that they are looking the way they are. If you hadn't said "ph" I would never have realized that I should have been ph'iing at 6.5 and nothing else.

Again, Thanks to everyone watching my grow log.

Ok, well it seems the abuse is not over yet. I just noticed on the plants in flower that the sugar leaves have some yellowing at the tips. Now this either has to do with the fact that they have only been watered once with good water since i found the ph problem. Orrrr it could be a new problem all together. I'm not going to over think it this time. I am going to go with the easiest problem to cure the problem that I have already found, we're going to go with: the leaves are yellowing because the ph problem just got fixed and they haven't gotten enough nutrients yet to fix the deficiency problem they had before. Well they get fed tomorrow, so we will see where it goes from there.

U know...when in doubt..flush...judging from the lil glimpses you gave us, they look like theyve recovered from the issues..I dont see to many leaves yellowing or frying or dying..lol...but sugar leaves being effect is probably something..the only time ive ever had something wierd going on with my sugar leaves is if I burnt a plant a lil bit...when in doubt flush and start over.

Thanks MMJ Intern, I really appreciate it. They've been through a lot to have made it this far. I am really suprised that they are still alive. The ones in veg still seem to have a problem. Maybe when I flushed them I should have used more nutes during the end of the flush. So now I have to wait for them to dry out a bit because they are still sopping wet. But I am hopeful.

So...most of the plants are looking good. I've transferred out like 9 clones that I cut myself. I have two that are over 9 inches tall. I have two more that are under six inches tall. One of the six inch ones got weirded out when it was in the cloner and looks really really weird; the leaves are rounded at the end, there isn't 7 or 9 leaves there isn't even 5 leaves, the leaves aren't coming in in pairs and they are coming in one side at a time. Then there is one more clone that I cut in the veg room, I just used her to cut clones off. I also cut clones off Plant #1 Lemon Cake, she is a very busy plant. (If anybody would like to reserve a cut of her I plan of cutting clones over the next two weeks and hopefully go to a Clone Round Up on the 22nd of January if there is one. I also have UK Cheese that I am cutting clones from.)

The two plants in flower are looking great. They have some yellowing but not much. On Plant #3 - The Lemon Cake - The leaves that were yellow and mottled with dead spots are partially dead and cut off and the part that didn't have mottled dead spots on it and was only yellow has healed and is now green again. It has almost completely recovered from the ph problem. I've even noticed that some of the trichs are 60%-70% cloudy and there are even some that are amber. I tried to take a picture of them but it wouldn't work. The buds on the plant are huge and growing bigger everyday Plant #2 - The UK Cheese - The plant has recovered and is flowering very nicely and has really nice looking buds that are also growing everyday.

There are three plants in veg. Two of the original plants that I had and a UK Cheese that I cut of Plant #2 in November. The bigger two plants don't seem to be doing very bad. She of them got watered on January 2, 2012 and still has the same amount of overflowed water in the drip pan as it did the day that it got watered. I don't understand this because although it is not ready to be watered again, the other big plant in veg is almost the same size and does not have any water left in it's drip pan. I'm not sure what's going on with that plant. It's got yellow leaves, and it's got some that have purple on them still. I just don't understand what is going on with my plants in veg. they are really nice and green except a few yellow leaves.

Ok, so enjoy the rest of my grwo log. The way it looks I might be harvesting in the next couple of weeks, if not I will be harvesting by the end of the first week of February. That's my target.

Edit: Editted to say that any clones that are wanted will be transferred at the Clone Round Up in approximately three weeks or January 22, 2012. See you then. PM for prices.

Dump that water in the drip pan. It's just going to cause problems. Leaving stagnant water around will attract bugs and disease.

The water was gone about an hour later. I thought that maybe the ph was off and that's why the plant wasn't uptaking the water so I check and it was 6.4 I figured losing .1 coming out of the plant was proobably okay. So, it's not a ph problem, what else could it be, that has never happened to that plant before. Also, a lot of the plant is yellow and some of the leaves are lined with purple. I'm not sure what the heck is going on but I've had so many problems with this particular plant I am ready to get rid of it. Do you want it?? LOL But really, if you have any other ideas about what could be going on. Now remember I flushed it almost a week ago. That same day she got about half a gallon of nutes. She has been fed twice since then.

Ok so the water in the drip pan was from a flush you did? After a good flush it will take a while until the plant uptakes water the same as it did before the flush. And recovery from whatever issue you had will take time. If you left water in the drip pan for a long period of time the medium can't drain properly. Leaving that water in there for two days was way too long. Any water the drains out needs to be removed to allow the medium to breath. If it's been soaked for two days straight as a result you are going to have to give it some time to dry. You can judge whether or not it needs water based on weight, a wet medium will be noticeably heavier than a dry medium.

Archived