Finally A Good Email From A Senator!

Willy

All right i know i might get some flack for this, but i got this today, i am happy to have gotten this one, I don't think its a form letter. I do know it sure sounds good to me. This one might be worth a vote. IDK You decide but i jumped in joy to finally see this reply.

Thank you for your contacting me regarding medical marijuana. I strongly support the Medical Marijuana Act and seek to strengthen the law rather than weaken it. I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind as these bills come up for discussion before the Judiciary Committee, of which I am a member.

Again, thank you again for your email.

Sincerely,

Jeff IrwinRepresentative Jeff Irwin

53rd District

State of Michigan

517-373-2577

http://053.housedems.com

JeffIrwin@house.mi.gov

IMHO, I think we should all show our support for this Senator by flooding him with positive calls, letters and e mails.

It should not go unnoticed in this community since it is one of the first that I am aware of to publicly support of the MMMA.

IMHO, I think we should all show our support for this Senator by flooding him with positive calls, letters and e mails.

It should not go unnoticed in this community since it is one of the first that I am aware of to publicly support of the MMMA.

here here

The last time I called Schuettes office, the woman that answered the phone said that she voted for our law but thinks it got out of control and that state legislators feel stuck in the middle because it hasn't been "technically" legalized on the Federal level. She told us to take on D.C. I think she was just telling me what I wanted to hear so that I would stop arguing with her, but taking it to D.C. kinda sounds like fun.

"I strongly support the Medical Marijuana Act and seek to strengthen the law rather than weaken it."

What does that mean? I have heard similarly worded statements from Deputy Prosecutor Beth Hand (Oakland Cty)when she debated Att'ny Neil Rockind and from Sen. Rick Jones in his hearings.

I would be interested in which of the upcoming legislation he supports.

All right i know i might get some flack for this, but i got this today, i am happy to have gotten this one, I don't think its a form letter. I do know it sure sounds good to me. This one might be worth a vote. IDK You decide but i jumped in joy to finally see this reply.

Thank you for your contacting me regarding medical marijuana. I strongly support the Medical Marijuana Act and seek to strengthen the law rather than weaken it. I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind as these bills come up for discussion before the Judiciary Committee, of which I am a member.

Again, thank you again for your email.

Sincerely,

Jeff IrwinRepresentative Jeff Irwin

53rd District

State of Michigan

517-373-2577

http://053.housedems.com

JeffIrwin@house.mi.gov

I would be cautious because strengthen could mean he is in support of every thing we are fighting to keep from happening. I would defiantly send another letter and ask what his opinion is as,has as strengthening the law.

I would be cautious because strengthen could mean he is in support of every thing we are fighting to keep from happening. I would defiantly send another letter and ask what his opinion is as,has as strengthening the law.

100% correct. My post was to remind everyone that we are dealing w/ politicians. You may hear them say what you what them to say, but that may not be what they said.

• 2 months later...

I believe this guy is on our side.

And it's Congressman not Senator.

And it's "representative" or "assemblyman" NOT "Congressman." We don't have State Congressmen. Please see Article IV, Section 1 of your Michigan State Constitution.

Congressmen represent us peasants at the national level and report to that big, domed building in Washington DC - you know, the one with the pointy top - the "freedom statue" installed by an African-American slave nearly 200 years ago. I think they call it, "The Capitol." It's big and white and opposite the Washington Monument. You can't miss it.

Here in Michigan, we have State Senators, who report to the State Senate, and we have State Representatives, or Assemblymen who report to the State Assembly, or the State House of Representatives.

We don't have anything known as a State Congressman.

1324080462[/url]' post='347256']

And it's "representative" or "assemblyman" NOT "Congressman." We don't have State Congressmen. Please see Article IV, Section 1 of your Michigan State Constitution.

Congressmen represent us peasants at the national level and report to that big, domed building in Washington DC - you know, the one with the pointy top - the "freedom statue" installed by an African-American slave nearly 200 years ago. I think they call it, "The Capitol." It's big and white and opposite the Washington Monument. You can't miss it.

Here in Michigan, we have State Senators, who report to the State Senate, and we have State Representatives, or Assemblymen who report to the State Assembly, or the State House of Representatives.

We don't have anything known as a State Congressman.

Jeff Irwin is a Representative from the ann arbor area. He called into the Planet Greentrees this past Tuesday, subjected himself to a lot of questions, he seemed to be very patient orientated and in support implementation of the law. I believe he is a supporter of this community. If anyone listens to the show, we also had the SHERRIFF who is running against Bouchard in oakland county.

Jeff Irwin is a Representative from the ann arbor area. He called into the Planet Greentrees this past Tuesday, subjected himself to a lot of questions, he seemed to be very patient orientated and in support implementation of the law. I believe he is a supporter of this community. If anyone listens to the show, we also had the SHERRIFF who is running against Bouchard in oakland county.

Rock on Jeff Irwin.

Archived