State Your Position Clearly

Here is my take on it: 2009 to 2010 no problems with the mm law. Enter an individual, (AG Schuette) with his sights on the governor's job and needs a platform to run on. Why is he trying to enforce federal law when he is suppose to work for the citizens of Michigan? Power, personal agenda, the courts and leo support= minimum freedom for MM patients. There can be no mm as long as it generates the enormous amounts of monies and jobs while on the CSA list.

The state has already denied "card" holding patients who have had their defenses denied by PA's with the court approval. LEGALIZE Marihuana!!!

Regards and peace,

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot support allowing another drug to be so accessible to the general public, because they frequently have failed to show responsibility for it. Until we start taking care of our kids, our community, and be nicer to each other - we should motivate them to earn the 'reward'.

I really wasn't sure where you were going with that, until.....

Patients and CGs 'earned' the right to use marijuana, they are sick and disabled, and they are using it as medicine.

:unsure:

You can not regulate stupidity.

I support both medical and full legalization. I think it's completely ludicrous that someone can persecute a fellow person by putting them in a cage and draining their bank accounts because of a plant. That being said, I will respect the law we have, represent it, and act within its boundries to the best of my ability in the true nature it was meant to be implemented.

ok, now let me ask you this - those of you for legalization - why are you on this medical marijuana site? Does MiNorml or ASA, or Yahookah.com have a forum?

Why do legalization people feel like they have to use this medical marijuana forum to speak about legalization?

DN

Because I would like to follow the day to day musings, court cases, opinions, and what not so I can be sure I remain legal. Because I live in Michigan. Because I am a registered Caregiver under the MMMA act. Because I grow Marijuana. Because I can.

ok, fun and convenient for you.

What about the new patients and CGs? Does it help them to mix legalization and medical crowd? When there is a medical question, should they get the 'legalization' response or the medical response?

I would assume that ASA and Minorml would give you plenty of legalization news and reports.

DN

You should get a medical answer to a medical question. You seem to have the assumption that people cannot separate the two while supporting both. And maybe I prefer not to participate in a bunch of talk about making bongs from shoes, and like the maturity of the medical marijuana community. You allude to those of us who support full legalization to automatically being all for recreational use. I'm not a patient, I have no need to be, I have no want to be. You make it seem like I never sat by a watched people waste away due to not be able to eat from chemotherapy. We have a law that allows me to grow a plant that could have possibly prolonged the life or at least increased the quality of their remaining life at a time I had to just sit there and watch. Maybe I want to be ready for the next one.

So fun and convenient no... Please do not make assumptions.

ok, now let me ask you this - those of you for legalization - why are you on this medical marijuana site? Does MiNorml or ASA, or Yahookah.com have a forum?

Why do legalization people feel like they have to use this medical marijuana forum to speak about legalization?

DN

Why do you feel that to be for medical you have to be against full legalization. I take it you are like everyone else, you smoked your first joint or w/e right after you got your card? I doubt it we were all illegal at some point. And as far as releasing this drug, its just as easy for kids to get now as if it was legal. Kids that can't get someone to buy them alcohol can find mj. Most street dealers don't care your age. I could go on for days with points, but where does the policing stop? Do you really think mj is worse for ppl than alcohol or tobacco? If not then should we criminalize these as well? My point is I am here because I believe in what this site does and the compassion of the ppl here, I also belong to alot of those other sites, you asked ppl to state there position clearly we have.

dm why would you even have that attitude, and sound as you are trying to run members off because they don't agrre with your position, which I can almost certainly assure you isn't the popular opinion here anyways? We need all the support we can get, all the legalization ppl are voting for all bills to help better our marijuana laws we need that

JB - not trying to run people off - but make them think.

so far the last few years this forum has had its ups and downs. Everyone keeps saying 'we need direction'.

I want people to think what they are doing here. Are you camping here for laughs and tokes, or did you want to help the medical marijuana program in michigan?

Is this a medical marijuana site, as the title says? Or maybe we should change it to MichiganMarijuana.org to stop confusing people that this site is about medical use.

Is it an attitude? It was a feeling that keeps popping up at many events, clubs, and forums. Maybe the michigan medical marijuana site should be simple - make it about medical use of marijuana? Teach patients to treat marijuana like medicine, not like a recreation?

I made my point, and many of you revealed your intentions too.

DN

I do agree that the focus of political topics should be medical related, but at least to me this site is much more than that, kind of like a facebook for mmmp's. This some of these ppl's only social life, and I think all of the ppl here are of the age to form there own opinions on legalization vs medicalization. You aren't going to get rid of all the ppl here that are for full legalization or their opinions, and if you did you wouldn't have much of a site. I'll leave this alone and let you carry on with your thread, and as you said just trying to make you think. ppl will always have varying opinions, mine is any oposition to full legalization of cannabis hurts patients period.

TDN - I see you are going to attend the protest of the Big Daddy's trial where:

Deputies seize $2,874 in cash, 29 marijuana plants, nine pounds of harvested marijuana, five pounds of packaged marijuana and 10 pounds of various baked goods suspecting of containing marijuana from the Big Daddy’s locations,

14 pounds = 224 ounces = 15 maxed caregivers to be legal not counting the baked goods

If you find out they did not have 15 caregivers on site at all time, will you admit they broke the law? Or will you continue to support illegal activity?

I made my point, and many of you revealed your intentions opinions too.

DN

I corrected it for you.

DN how about you think for a minute.

•  
  • Do you think patients would still need to get a card and be put on a list with the State if there was full legalization?
  • Do you think more patients or fewer patients would be arrested if there was full legalization?

Like JB420, my opinion is any opposition to full legalization of cannabis hurts patients period .

Morhawk - if you read my post, you see I am going to the protest because of AG bill shuette is getting personally involved in the trial of Big Daddy.

I never said I condoned Big Daddy's behavior or even MACC's direction - all my post had reflected that much.

Again - if you support legalization, thats great. But if this is to be a medical marijuana forum, do you guys understand it does not help when a new patient, a person that will try marijuana for the first time, who wants to obey the law, and intends to use it for medicine - they ask a question in the forum, and the legalization crowd debates with the medical marijuana crowd about how people should grow, transport, and transfer between themselves. It has happened all too often, the answers for medical use gets confusing when people start directing them to violate the laws, rather than follow existing laws. I had just simply pointed out the hard truth, this forum is a mess because we cannot decide - is this about medical use or legalization. If you think about your posts, why not think that perhaps some post should be directed at ASA or MiNorml, and not here in a medical forum?

Made you think, my work is done. See you at the protest tomorrow - against Bill Shuette!

DN

and Restorium, you said it just right. How do we present the medical side of marijuana to the public, when we end it with "Free the Weed!"

Don't get me wrong, all people who use marijuana are nice people. This is about the mmm.org forum, not our opinions.

Look for me Restorium! tomorrow?

DN

Like JB420, my opinion is any opposition to full legalization of cannabis hurts patients period .

Not opposition, separation. Total separation of the two.

I have to be clear, I am not for legalization of marijuana.

Since my reply was to the OP, it is clear opposition was being discussed here.

When over half the states have medical cannabis, and we have our medical rights carved in stone, then we should all go for the goal of legalization, and push with everything we have. Until then, keep it under your hat in mixed company(public), in my opinion.

I disagree. Medical would benefit more from full legalization than what full legalization could ever benefit from medical.

Toughen up base. :hocky:

Morhawk - if you read my post, you see I am going to the protest because of AG bill shuette is getting personally involved in the trial of Big Daddy.

the answers for medical use gets confusing when people start directing them to violate the laws

Made you think, my work is done. See you at the protest tomorrow - against Bill Shuette!

DN

And you think the news reports will show that? Or will it just send a message to the "new patients" that we should go outside the law and have pounds of marijuana, just because we feel it is right? You are protesting against the Attorney General whose job it is to represent the state laws. The MMMA is a state law, and it would look as if BD's violated it. So what's wrong with him doing his job? But feel free to chastise people on a forum as you go out in front of the TV camera's, news reporters, and the public. I hope your message doesn't get misconstrued.. <_<

Feel free to think yourself. :thumbsu:

Like I said ppl for full legalization support medical almost 100% of the time. I get the point tdn and and r2 are making of how we are perceived, the free the weed comments etc, but it still doesn't stop the fact that supporters of full legalization are helping patients every time they vote or attend a rally etc, division won't happen, and would hurt both sides. if ppl for full legalization didn't support medical this site wouldn't exist because we wouldn't have a law. Legalization means safer more abundant cheaper access for patients, and also legal access for those that can't afford the couple hubndred dollars it takes to be legal. As for giving ppl legalization advice vs medical advice I twll oppl to follow the law, legaluization is what i want not what we have. I think most others do the same when ppl ask how to transport deliver handle etc. Now everyone interprets the law differently, and for this I am glad. If everyone had your opinion tdn we wouldn't even have a farmers market, access isn't just for ppl who know the right ppl its for ppl in need. And yes you did make me think, think of the fact even more so that full legalization is the right way especially for patients. then there would be no restrictions on them or a chance to go to jail.

I really don't like the direction of this thread, seems to break us apart more. I don't think we need that at all at this time.

You said 2 ways legalization or medical use. How about a middle road as I feel,

God gave us seed bearing plants to use, we the PEOPLE OF MICHIGAN can use Medical Marijuana.

Let us stay together as brothers and sisters. :bighug:

Please let this topic die out, I don't think it helps

Purplehaze :))

Archived