State Your Position Clearly

ok, fun and convenient for you.

What about the new patients and CGs? Does it help them to mix legalization and medical crowd? When there is a medical question, should they get the 'legalization' response or the medical response?

I would assume that ASA and Minorml would give you plenty of legalization news and reports.

DN

Are you asking me to leave?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB - not trying to run people off - but make them think.

so far the last few years this forum has had its ups and downs. Everyone keeps saying 'we need direction'.

I want people to think what they are doing here. Are you camping here for laughs and tokes, or did you want to help the medical marijuana program in michigan?

Is this a medical marijuana site, as the title says? Or maybe we should change it to MichiganMarijuana.org to stop confusing people that this site is about medical use.

Is it an attitude? It was a feeling that keeps popping up at many events, clubs, and forums. Maybe the michigan medical marijuana site should be simple - make it about medical use of marijuana? Teach patients to treat marijuana like medicine, not like a recreation?

I made my point, and many of you revealed your intentions too.

DN

So convert the forums into a online magazine. Only let three or four post with strict limits.

In other words .. close this site.

morhawk, you are kidding right?

"You are protesting against the Attorney General whose job it is to represent the state laws"

kidding me right?

DN

Not at all. You should be supporting someone to prosecute someone who may have broke the law. Unless you support full legalization. If it was fully legalized, Schuette would not have a leg to stand on. But it's not, and he has a couple of legs to stand on.

You are saying that we should separate Medical vs. Legalization. I am saying you need to separate Legal vs Illegal.

Your way and support of this protest says it's okay to (allegedly) break the law as long as it's medical. Our way is saying, there should not be a case in the first place because it should be illegal.

We have laws and you should support anyone who tries to enforce it. If you don't agree with the law, then you need to support changing the law. Which the best way would be full legalization as the MM act has so many grey areas and both sides are taking advantage of it.

morhawk, I will let other people explain to you about Bill Shuette.

My Last Post on this topic. Its getting side tracked and personal.

DN

Not trying to get personal. Just saying, I support protesting that SOB and lynching him to a 3rd world country, don't get me wrong. I think he needs to back off. But with the way the law is written, he doesn't have to. Full legalization would pull the carpet right out from under him. Until the dust is settled, we need to stay within the law, or change it.

ok, now let me ask you this - those of you for legalization - why are you on this medical marijuana site? Does MiNorml or ASA, or Yahookah.com have a forum?

Why do legalization people feel like they have to use this medical marijuana forum to speak about legalization?

DN

Greg Fransisco invited me here. I was one of the first invited.

Before the law passed, there was nothing to protect any of us. We thought that was wrong.

We worked to change the law we thought was bad. And we did.

Do you think this law would have passed at all if every legalization person voted no? "We want to party and screw them sick people." Did that take place? No.

We both wanted a change in the nations marijuana policy. We got the change .. only by working together.

I'm shocked that someone would want to keep the legalize people away from here.

But hey .. splitting us into smaller groups that fight each other is a great way to prevent any future changes. We don't want any changes .. please arrest us all.

I gotta ask, what does Singles Lounge, Sports, Entertainment, Computers...ect have to do with medical Marijuana in Michigan, NOTHING. I thought that we had spots to openly discuss stuff, not medical marijuana related, and spots to openly discuss different aspects of Medical Marijuana..... The whole crying about legalization on a medical marijuana site is kinda silly, just ask for the thread to be moved into a NON MEDICAL MARIJUANA PLACE and dont come back to it....

and Restorium, you said it just right. How do we present the medical side of marijuana to the public, when we end it with "Free the Weed!"

Don't get me wrong, all people who use marijuana are nice people. This is about the mmm.org forum, not our opinions.

Look for me Restorium! tomorrow?

DN

It's pretty rare that I say "free the weed" as a part of anything that I do.

I resent people that come here and try to convince us that people belong in jail for a herb.

Do I support medical or not? You tell me. Does the fact that I support legalization negate the medical support I give?

I almost hope you get raided soon.

Editing out a chunk I shouldn't have posted and sorry that I did.

"I almost hope you get raided soon." I have come to expect that from you PB.

DN

That would be a loss to Michigan just as it is a loss for people to assume patients as a group can all take on the same risk profiles in working for medical access without discrimination or barriers in practice that negate some treatments like oils or hourly dosing . Our opposition cannot control their frustration and anger . Though we the suffering have every influence that would dissuade us we must . We haven't been doing well so far as a group and I pray for patience everday that I may do better .

i am for 100% legalization.

just to be clear on one thing, though- CG's are not allowed to use mj, unless they are patients, themselves. just didn't want anyone to be led astray into believing that because they grow it, they can smoke it.

legalize it and everyone can use it.

I resent people that come here and try to convince us that people belong in jail for a herb.

Do I support medical or not? You tell me. Does the fact that I support legalization negate the medical support I give?

i agree with both of these statements. no one should go to jail or even be hassled because of a plant that does no harm, but only good. while i sometimes harsh people for doing stupid things (selling to non-patients, for example), that does not mean i think they should get in trouble. no one should.

my problem with selling to nonpatients (or things such as this), is that if caught, it would have a negative affect on the medical community. just another bullet in BS' 6 shooter at the mmma. this does not mean i feel people should be jailed because of it. if you're trying to get your grandma to give you a cookie, you don't insult her while you're asking

as for the second, while i am 100% for legalization, that does not mean i am not for medical use. i have family that i would like it remain available for, in the event they need it in the future. i am for, at least medical use, but intent towards legalization

JB - not trying to run people off - but make them think.

so far the last few years this forum has had its ups and downs. Everyone keeps saying 'we need direction'.

I want people to think what they are doing here. Are you camping here for laughs and tokes, or did you want to help the medical marijuana program in michigan?

Is this a medical marijuana site, as the title says? Or maybe we should change it to MichiganMarijuana.org to stop confusing people that this site is about medical use.

Is it an attitude? It was a feeling that keeps popping up at many events, clubs, and forums. Maybe the michigan medical marijuana site should be simple - make it about medical use of marijuana? Teach patients to treat marijuana like medicine, not like a recreation?

I made my point, and many of you revealed your intentions too.

DN

Please explain the difference between medical and recreational use ? I think everyone has different ideas . I think dosing should be left to individuals since it is non toxic - not Doctors . Doctors don't' feel pain . Mental or physical . I have come to support legalization with the abillity to cutlivate for personal use with very limited regulation for commercial sales after seeing the damage prohibition has done along with injury to individuals . I have been where cannabis is decriminalized for individuals and use after intially going up retreats as the novelty wears off . I find it hypocrital in that case to go after dealors whom have in effect been encouraged to provide the supply . Example Spain in the 80's .

I think allot of people have a unrealistic idea of what a acceptable level of improvement is for a participating patient . I dose hourly for severe pain and am happy to sleep on a 24 hour cycle a average of 7 hours a night for the first time in years with adjunctive treatment . My Doctors are afraid at times , even confused and at odds due to using alternative medicine and asking for tolerance there to . It hasn't been a end all but a help . I think I am making progress towards living a healthier lifestyle through cannabis and I thank them for their patience .

If patients and caregivers were not having to go to court and jail, I'd think the mmma would be enough and we didn't need legalization. I am a patient that needs legalization. I am afraid of persecution.

Simple as that. I approach it totally from a patient perspective. We need to help patients. Seems the best way to keep them out of courts and out of jail.

I mean, if they weren't willing to charge patients with felonies and other criminal sanctions, I don't think we'd be talking about this at all. The legalization talk started because of the governments heavy handed tactics with patients. If the initiative materializes, from my perspective, it will be for the patients.

ok, now let me ask you this - those of you for legalization - why are you on this medical marijuana site? Does MiNorml or ASA, or Yahookah.com have a forum?

Why do legalization people feel like they have to use this medical marijuana forum to speak about legalization?

DN

I don't disagree that this site and the MMMA in general need not be focused on legalization. I didn't bring this up on this site.

If this site wants to prohibit legalization speak. I will still come and participate. I don't mind separating these two issues if the MMMA thinks not discussing legalization better advances patient needs at this time. I will respect that.

Just sayin': Too many patients are going to court and jail.

Wipe all sentences containing the word marijuana from government record. 100% unregulation. 100% not a conversation for government to regulate.

It is not even an argument. We, as sentient beings of earth, have been given many great gifts from our creator. From Apples to Zebras. The very concept of regulating how other humans interact with the natural world is very much the seed of oppression.

This means my official stance is non medical, non legalization, non regulation. 100% UNalienable right in a free world.

Now, as far as recreational use vs medical use. I think this is a twisted argument. I think the real conversation about how humans and chemicals interact needs to be re-framed into healthy use, constructive use, for healing purposes versus unhealthy use, destructive use, and use for purpose of non health. I think the way we think about and understand how humans interact with chemicals is flawed. I believe in each instance of use you can assign equity to the healthy vs unhealthy. So the sicker you get, the healthier your use can be. Conversely I feel that the healthier you are the less likely you are to desire to use for recreational purposes. IDK, it's just a glimpse into how I have come to understand things.

I do not drink because I find no healthful uses for alcohol in my life. I medicate using marijuana because I find healthful reasoning that improves my quality of life. I do not need anyone to make this decision for me. Throughout my adult life, i have presented this to many physicians. None have argued my reasoning.

Archived