Good Advice

Good Advice

This was passed on by a friend. Good advice...

ONE Light Bulb at a Time?

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while onegrasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, but abillion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following.

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryersheets. I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand Inormally buy was an off-brand labeled, "Everyday Value..

" I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were thesame except for the price.. The

GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing thatsurprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the EverydayValue brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in company in Cleveland,Ohio.

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets ... . . Yep, you guessed it,bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was lessmoney and MADE IN THE USA ! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheetsperformed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almosthalf the price!

I was in Lowe's the other day for some reason and just for the heck of it I waslooking at the hose attachments. They were all made in China . The next day Iwas in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it, I checked the hose attachmentsthere. They were made in USA . Start looking.

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affectssomeone else -- even their job.

My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is marked made inMexico now.

I do not buy it any more.

My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico ... Now I have switched toCrest. You have to read the labels on everything.

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everydaythings and see what you can find that is made in the USA- the job you save maybe your own or your neighbors!

(We should have awakened a decade a go.)

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so wecan all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying fromoverseas companies!

Let's get with the program .. Help our fellow Americans keep their jobs andcreate more jobs here in the U.S.A. ..

I Passed this on .......... Will you ??????

Archived