Attention 4 Seminars On The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act

Dizledot

MMA Seminar Invitation.pdf

Township Friends,

We are forwarding the attached information about 4 seminars on the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act that the Attorney General is holding around the state for local government officials. The dates and locations are:

Grand Rapids --Amway Grand Hotel ◦ Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Livonia--Livonia Marriott Hotel ◦ Thursday, November 17, 2011

Saginaw--Horizons Conference Center ◦ Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Traverse City--Park Place Hotel ◦ Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The seminars are provided to local officials at no charge, and include a continental breakfast and lunch. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Attached is an email registration form and a short description of the program. If you have any questions about the program, please contact:

Joy Yearout

Deputy Director of Communications

Attorney General Bill Schuette

(517) 373-8060

Best regards,

Bill Fahey

William K. Fahey, Attorney

4151 Okemos Road

Okemos, MI 48864

Direct Dial: (517) 381-3150

General: (517) 381-0100

Facsimile: (517) 381-3170

Cell: (517) 974-2250

Email: wfahey@fsblawyers.com

Webpage: http://www.fsblawyer...illiam-K.-Fahey

I'm in local government and these people will eat this stuff up and follow him! If there are those who can show up outside the locations and show the attendees we are normal people with normal lives other that our disability it would greatly help our perception they have of us. Right now Ficano is up to his butt with serious allegations but he will deflect the heat by going after any cause he can to move the media attention away from him. We don't want to have the AG put us in that position. They are on a witch hunt!

ok i am almost of like mind except the protests would have worked if tens of thousands showed up to rally!

so now we need a more clandestine approach

time to send in undercover reporters to their meetings

i clean up nice in a suit and tie

need stealth recording equipment-video pens etc etc???????????????

Are these meetings by invitation only? Is there a way any of us can actually get into one and pose logical questions/refute the BS that BS spews? I'm the chair of my local DDA, could that credential get me in? Is anyone else a member of local govt that could possibly get on the list? I agree that the protests have had very little effect...my thinking is that it's an "us and them" mentality...perhaps if we could actually be a part of that meeting we'd be much more credible.

Are these meetings by invitation only? Is there a way any of us can actually get into one and pose logical questions/refute the BS that BS spews? I'm the chair of my local DDA, could ithat credential get me in? Is anyone else a member of local govt that could possibly get on the list? I agree that the protests have had very little effect...my thinking is that it's an "us and them" mentality...perhaps if we could actually be a part of that meeting we'd be much more credible.

As a member of the DDA you are a township official and that should get you in the door. Open the PDF file in my initial post. All the info is listed in it. It's a free event but you have to register.

I did call for information yesterday and the person I spoke with couldn't answer the questions I had so she told me someone would call back. I received a call from a 517 area code today and as soon as I picked up (second ring) the person on the other end hung up. I called back the number and reached a recording stating that I had reached a non-working state of michigan phone number. I'll post again when I find out weather or not I can register.

As stated in the invitation this is for all law enforcement and local officials. As a DDA board member you are a local official. You will get an office in lansing when you call its one of the A G office numbers.

My township belongs to Michigan Township Association. Yours might also, its a good source of info. on many levels.

Might I make a suggestion. Why not fight fire with fire? From the sounds of it we have a couple of people who can get into these meetings. Obviously as much information needs to be gathered as to what is brought up but also who is there from the local government and their feelings/opinions.

Then why not do the same thing but obviously on a smaller level in terms of budget. Why not set something up to educate and invite the local governments to smaller meetings, say at a compassion clubs meeting. Let them hear and see what we are really all about.

At a protest your letting them know you're unhappy about whatever it is you're protesting but at a meet you can inform and educate.

Archived