Opinions On A Story...

CleanD

Up to now, everything I've heard on Oakland Co is bad... scary bad. If you're out of line at all, they can & will take advantage of it. Today I heard that Oakland narcotics went to a cg's house & inspected it while discovering it mostly conforming, that there were a few things to fix/adjust... and that was all they did. Is this a plausible story? Apparently plant counts were in order, but locks or the like weren't as 'required'. Again, something seems off on the story. Are there accounts of Oakland cops being 'cool' & respectful with registered cg's? I was sitting there listening to this guy & it didn't reconcile w what I've previously heard... would seem to me that he can/should expect a follow up visit & that it might not be so pleasant.

Up to now, everything I've heard on Oakland Co is bad... scary bad. If you're out of line at all, they can & will take advantage of it. Today I heard that Oakland narcotics went to a cg's house & inspected it while discovering it mostly conforming, that there were a few things to fix/adjust... and that was all they did. Is this a plausible story? Apparently plant counts were in order, but locks or the like weren't as 'required'. Again, something seems off on the story. Are there accounts of Oakland cops being 'cool' & respectful with registered cg's? I was sitting there listening to this guy & it didn't reconcile w what I've previously heard... would seem to me that he can/should expect a follow up visit & that it might not be so pleasant.

No were in the Law does it allow for inspections, not by LEO, Not by MDCH, Not by LARA. So if they are going around doing inspections they are violating the law!

Given the mindset of the Oakland prosecutors (persecutors) there was no such "inspection" visit. They usually arrive with warrant in hand, and these visits never result in no arrests, seizure...etc ... a lot of stories floating around out there, most are total b.s. Peace...j.b.

Actually...just because it is NOT in the law doesn't mean it is NOT allowed. you could use this same argument AGAINST dispensaries and farmer's markets. If it IS in the law then it IS allowed. If it is NOT in the law then we are not really sure if it is allowed. In fact it is probably allowed IF it is reasonable (IMHO). The city can inspect your flower garden, why couldn't the local regulatory agency conduct reasonable inspections for plumbing/electrical etc? You would need a local ordinance but why not?

MI AG OPinion #7259 - June 28, 2011

......Thus, a registered primary caregiver's patients may not have access to their caregiver's enclosed, locked facility.

This interpretation is consistent with the plain language of the MMMA, and accords with basic principles of statutory construction that require this office to discern the intent of a statute from its language, and to forgo reading anything into a statute that is not within the intent of its drafters.8 Moreover, this construction ensures that the twelve-plant-per patient maximum is followed. It also protects against unauthorized access to marihuana plants because, at any given time, there is only one person responsible and accountable for a patient's plants. The plain language of the MMMA thus prohibits the joint cooperative cultivating or sharing of marihuana plants because only the individual authorized to cultivate the marihuana plants, either the registered patient or the patient's registered primary caregiver, may have access to the enclosed, locked facility housing the marihuana plants intended for the individual patient's use.

It is my opinion, therefore, that the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, Initiated Law 1 of 2008, MCL 333.26421 et seq, prohibits the joint cooperative cultivation or sharing of marihuana plants because each patient's plants must be grown and maintained in a separate enclosed, locked facility that is only accessible to the registered patient or the patient's registered primary caregiver.

Your AG's opinion is that there is one and only 1 person who can enter a grow room. This specifically disallows entry by a caregiver's patient as well as the fire inspector, building inspector, police, etc.

Please accept my apologies if out of line, but I noticed u said "I heard today that.." and not that YOUR caregiver, or YOUR friend was visited.. Well, as a caregiver and patient and veteran of 3 raids and what-not, it sounds distinctly like someone got raided and was spreading word that all was good in order to protect his/her reputation, keep patients at bay, or sales from dwindling. "oh, yeah they were here. No biggie, they told me I needed to put a lock on my closet." that's not the way it works. They took plants, they were never there, or they'll be back.

Please accept my apologies if out of line, but I noticed u said "I heard today that.." and not that YOUR caregiver, or YOUR friend was visited.. Well, as a caregiver and patient and veteran of 3 raids and what-not, it sounds distinctly like someone got raided and was spreading word that all was good in order to protect his/her reputation, keep patients at bay, or sales from dwindling. "oh, yeah they were here. No biggie, they told me I needed to put a lock on my closet." that's not the way it works. They took plants, they were never there, or they'll be back.

thanks man... that's kinda what i was looking for, things i hadn't been considering. and no harm on my end bro... i'm registered, as i have been in other states, and have 3 patients myself... wasn't my situation, just a conversation i had that didn't jive w me. but this place in particular is a bit weird... made a post yesterday, and it's gone. don't really know why, but with your post...? maybe everyone's a bit noided, which i get, but just not the vibe here... seems odd, esp w all the antics of the internal bickering. anyway... stay up bro. be safe all... thanks for the replies.

I agree. Proceed cautiously. Whomever told you that story may not be as trustworthy as you think

Archived