4X8 Ebb And Flow

FLOWERING ANNUALS

I AM SETTING UP A NEW ROOM WITH A 4X8 FLOOD AND DRAIN TABLE.I HAVE A 110 GALLON RES.1 1000W FOR VEG 2 1000W FOR FLOWER.1000GPH PUMP.I NORMALLY AM A FULL ORGANIC GROWER BUT WANT EXPERIENCE WITH FLOOD/DRAIN AND HAVE THE EQUIPMENT.I HAVE SOME DYNAGROW NUTES THAT I WILL BE STARTING WITH BUT WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOME (ORGANIC GOODNESS).LOOKING FOR ADVICE OR IDEAS ON THIS PROJECT.THX IN ADVANCE!

I AM SETTING UP A NEW ROOM WITH A 4X8 FLOOD AND DRAIN TABLE.I HAVE A 110 GALLON RES.1 1000W FOR VEG 2 1000W FOR FLOWER.1000GPH PUMP.I NORMALLY AM A FULL ORGANIC GROWER BUT WANT EXPERIENCE WITH FLOOD/DRAIN AND HAVE THE EQUIPMENT.I HAVE SOME DYNAGROW NUTES THAT I WILL BE STARTING WITH BUT WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOME (ORGANIC GOODNESS).LOOKING FOR ADVICE OR IDEAS ON THIS PROJECT.THX IN ADVANCE!

You would get more replies if you didn't shout. Just a FYI.

Don't use organic nutes in hydro unless you have zero light leaks and a biofilter. Even then it is not recommended.

I suggest purchasing Jorge Cervantes, Marijuana Horticulture Medical Grower's Bible. Great info there. Also read existing posts in the grow section. There are other MM sites that you can browse for tons of info.

This is a great place for specific questions. Not so good for general questions, like yours.

• 3 weeks later...

I run flood and drain what ya want to know ? You prolly wont be running it like me but can still help ya with a few questions. I run 28 gal rez per table and have ran coco and soiless and soiless being the better and safer of the 2 mediums. Coco works dam good too tho ya have to flood more often. I run 1 gal smart pots at 12 plants per 4 x 4 table at 3ft tall plants at finish. Rez temps at 70 degrees, ph I let drift from 5.6 to 6.2 but keep it most times about 5.8. PPMS and or EC is 1800 early bloom then down to 1200 to 1400 for the rest of bloom and last week or so at about 500ppms or at just plain water at zero. I run several air stones per rez too and change rez's out every 2 to 3 weeks. 28 gal rez gets me 2 weeks before needing topped off with fresh nutes if to lazy to change rez's out. I run g&h maxibloom with extras for my nutes in bloom and maxigro with extras in veg. Google lucas formula for yer nutes and you'll be just fine. I always run my ppms/ec hot during the first 2 weeks of bloom with a bit of bio marine fish for extra N when they need it for stretch and then it's just normal low mid ppms thru out rest of bloom to week 7 then a bit of koolbloom on top of the maxi bloom to harden them up.

I run flood and drain what ya want to know ? You prolly wont be running it like me but can still help ya with a few questions. I run 28 gal rez per table and have ran coco and soiless and soiless being the better and safer of the 2 mediums. Coco works dam good too tho ya have to flood more often. I run 1 gal smart pots at 12 plants per 4 x 4 table at 3ft tall plants at finish. Rez temps at 70 degrees, ph I let drift from 5.6 to 6.2 but keep it most times about 5.8. PPMS and or EC is 1800 early bloom then down to 1200 to 1400 for the rest of bloom and last week or so at about 500ppms or at just plain water at zero. I run several air stones per rez too and change rez's out every 2 to 3 weeks. 28 gal rez gets me 2 weeks before needing topped off with fresh nutes if to lazy to change rez's out. I run g&h maxibloom with extras for my nutes in bloom and maxigro with extras in veg. Google lucas formula for yer nutes and you'll be just fine. I always run my ppms/ec hot during the first 2 weeks of bloom with a bit of bio marine fish for extra N when they need it for stretch and then it's just normal low mid ppms thru out rest of bloom to week 7 then a bit of koolbloom on top of the maxi bloom to harden them up.

thx for info!

Yeah the moxbloom don't smell either but now my bio fish does smell like fish but I don't use much of that in bloom, just a lil in early first bloom and then at only 5ml per gallon of water. This to depends on how loaded on N I make them in veg. If dark waxy green and just on the edge then I don't use it at all in bloom.

When I switched to f&d I wanted a nute line that was super easy to use and stable. Maxibloom fit the bill and works very well. Ph will rise a bit at first but will settle and stay put the rest of the rez's run.

I'd recommend adding a 2nd smaller pump to circulate the water in the reservoir, keep things moving. Also, a weekly shot of h2o2 in the reservoir makes for happy ladies!

Do you think i would need the second pump when using 4 giant air stones hooked to heavy duty pump?Dutchmaster nute line has a product called Zone that is supposed to kill any nasties that h2o2 would kill and it says not to use h202 and zone together.

Do you think i would need the second pump when using 4 giant air stones hooked to heavy duty pump?Dutchmaster nute line has a product called Zone that is supposed to kill any nasties that h2o2 would kill and it says not to use h202 and zone together.

With 4 large air stones and a heavy pump, you probably wouldn't need another water pump for circulation. I use fox farms which is pretty soupy and likes to settle a lot, so I need a lot of movement in my reservoir. As far as Zone, I'm not familiar with the product, so I can't really say. The nice thing about h202 is that it not only kills the nasties, it hyper-oxygenates the reservoir water, which the roots love. Of course, with pushing a ton of air with air stones, you probably don't need to oxygenate your water anymore.

H202 isn't a long term solution as it dissolves quickly (in about a day). So you have to keep adding it every several days. Besides killing bad bacteria it also kills good bacteria. I wouldn't use it with organics. Switch to compost tea. It not only keeps roots clean from slime, it will help your plants take up nutrients.

Does anyone have advice on res temp issue's? My res is 110 gal and will be sitting 6" off basement floor on wheels.all info I've read says 60-75.Are you needing heaters/coolers this time of year?I'm hoping the lights keep it in that range during day and water keeps room warm at night.

If you res is too hot:

- Move it outside of your grow room and make the pump tubing longer to reach your plants.

- Get a larger res as it will take longer for the pump to heat up the volume.

- Add a two liter bottle of water that's been frozen and switch it out when it melts.

If your res is to cold:

- Move it into the grow area under the lights.

- Have your lights turn on at night when it's coldest.

- Add an aquarium heater. There are cheap ones that get hotter as the water gets colder so you don't have to adjust them.

Main thing is, if it's not broke, don't fix it. MJ can handle a little cold water.

If you res is too hot:

- Move it outside of your grow room and make the pump tubing longer to reach your plants.

- Get a larger res as it will take longer for the pump to heat up the volume.

- Add a two liter bottle of water that's been frozen and switch it out when it melts.

If your res is to cold:

- Move it into the grow area under the lights.

- Have your lights turn on at night when it's coldest.

- Add an aquarium heater. There are cheap ones that get hotter as the water gets colder so you don't have to adjust them.

Main thing is, if it's not broke, don't fix it. MJ can handle a little cold water.

the main focus of the res temp question was just to see if u guys were haveing any problems. thanks for all the responses!