People Vs King

thatoneartist

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing i have heard myself on the King Case recently.

if you click view new content, it will usually only show the new items since your last visit. but if you choose the view Active content, it should show the last 24 hrs.

thanks. someone let me know. I have no idea where that case is right now so if anyone knows anything on it please reply

King case is at the point where my attorney's have filed our briefs and we are waiting on the prosecution to file theirs . Dont expect to go to oral arguments til after the first of the year . They are saying I wont have a decision til July 2012

so your at MSC already? Are they letting you use your medical defense there?

i can't answer that but with are case we took it out of the MSC because as of right now we are able to use the medical defense and we want to keep that part at all cost

and you never no what they might do at the MSC

IMO the only good thing that has come out of the C.O.A is that you don't need a card but you have to have your Rec

Edited by bobandtorey

i can't answer that but with are case we took it out of the MSC because as of right now we are able to use the medical defense and we want to keep that part at all cost

and you never no what they might do at the MSC

IMO the only good thing that has come out of the C.O.A is that you don't need a card but you have to have your Rec

So someone in the court of appeals was not guilty after not having their card at the time of the arrest but got a recommendation after? Or they had a recommendation at the time of the arrest but not their card?

From what I hear from some of the honest lawyers that have $ to gain if I take my case to MSC is that MSC very rarely change the rulings. My case is right on with King's case and personally I don't want to do jail time. Do people usually do time for growing 67 plants? I mean the grey area of a locked, enclosed facility hopefully will be taken into account if I'm found guilty and I don't make a deal...But I think I'm going to ask for a deal since the appellate court recently denied my request to be able to use my medical defense. I doubt they will make a deal with me since they have everything they need...but i want to try.

So someone in the court of appeals was not guilty after not having their card at the time of the arrest but got a recommendation after? Or they had a recommendation at the time of the arrest but not their card?

From what I hear from some of the honest lawyers that have $ to gain if I take my case to MSC is that MSC very rarely change the rulings. My case is right on with King's case and personally I don't want to do jail time. Do people usually do time for growing 67 plants? I mean the grey area of a locked, enclosed facility hopefully will be taken into account if I'm found guilty and I don't make a deal...But I think I'm going to ask for a deal since the appellate court recently denied my request to be able to use my medical defense. I doubt they will make a deal with me since they have everything they need...but i want to try.

Before Medical Marijuana saw people get 4 years in prison for less than 10 plants (both people I saw had 3-4 felony priors and were black males in Oakland County).

I am pretty sure the current law per the COA is you have to have a card (or the proof of application, cancelled check, and the 20 day waiting period) in order to use the medical defense.

Unless you were growing outside, and this is still being litigated, I don't see how 'locked enclosed facility' is ambiguous.

In short, 67 plants is most definitely worth taking to the Michigan Supreme Court if you were fully in compliance with the MMMA. If not, God help you...

Before Medical Marijuana saw people get 4 years in prison for less than 10 plants (both people I saw had 3-4 felony priors and were black males in Oakland County).

I am pretty sure the current law per the COA is you have to have a card (or the proof of application, cancelled check, and the 20 day waiting period) in order to use the medical defense.

Unless you were growing outside, and this is still being litigated, I don't see how 'locked enclosed facility' is ambiguous.

In short, 67 plants is most definitely worth taking to the Michigan Supreme Court if you were fully in compliance with the MMMA. If not, God help you...

ya my plants were in my basement and not locked up other then the house that was locked up. Therefore they are saying I was not in compliance. The maximum sentence is 2 to 4 years, so I doubt I'll get the maximum especially since I thought I was in compliance and the enclosed facility is really grey area.

I think I read in the Midwest cultivator of a woman who was over and received probation in Oakland county. You will be fine, God willing.

On second thought maybe you should be aiming for a 7411 plea? :goodjob:

Yah I know they never give that for cultivation but this is a little different. Worth exploring.

Edited by lawyercaregiver

• 2 weeks later...

so you must think he will lose?

we were their(supreme Court) and got out of their i don't think any one can win up their

but i do hope he does

Just saw this- NO, I don't think you will lose. I think you have a good chance of losing in Oakland county but I certainly don't think it, I pray otherwise. I am saying I think the very worst that will happen is probation if you do lose (assuming no priors etc).

what ever happened to section 8 of our law?

b) A person may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana in a motion to dismiss, and the charges shall be dismissed following an evidentiary hearing where the person shows the elements listed in subsection (a).

It's too gray, I can't read that section!

ear0223l.jpg

• 3 weeks later...