Attorney General: Police Can Seize Medical Marijuana

David1946

Hypothetically, if a states attorney general did that then a judge would dive on it and overturn it quickly. That's why I said it was good that he overstepped. It might have held if he would have just said that the cops didn't have to pay restitution for damaged medicine. But he went too far and that may help us in the long run.

Armed robbery isn't that much different than murder.

RIP Michigan Medical Marijuana 2009-2011

It’s a wrap for medical marijuana in Michigan. Read in between the lines here, this administration is going to undermine the law to death.

The medical marijuana law is a full time job for Schutte. Every week he releases another blow to the law and the death blow that he is "officially" shutting it down completely is right around the corner.

With the press release yesterday he unilaterally shut down the program.

Have to fight fire with fire and lawsuits are the only way to stop him. Look at California for a second. Only way they have held the tyrants at bay are with lawsuits.

RIP Michigan Medical Marijuana 2009-2011

It’s a wrap for medical marijuana in Michigan. Read in between the lines here, this administration is going to undermine the law to death.

The medical marijuana law is a full time job for Schutte. Every week he releases another blow to the law and the death blow that he is "officially" shutting it down completely is right around the corner.

With the press release yesterday he unilaterally shut down the program.

Have to fight fire with fire and lawsuits are the only way to stop him. Look at California for a second. Only way they have held the tyrants at bay are with lawsuits.

If the program ends, all we are left with is section eight.

That makes Redden very very important.

If the program ends we may be left with Sec 8 but if the AG strikes down the MMMA, we're done. He will soon release a statement saying the MMMA is unconstitutional because it violates federal CSA law therefore rendering it null and void. If that happens, there is no more Sec 8.

Have we had enough yet? Does anyone think it's time to legalize or do we continue fighting for scraps? Not me. My fight is for legalization.

Michigan is not going to throw away the tens of millions of dollars in fees and sales taxes being generated by the MM community. You do away with the MMMP and every grow shop closes and state and local municipalities lose huge tax revenues.

What I believe BS wants to do is, do away with the Non-Patient CG. If you have a qualifying condition and can still act as a CG then Ok but, If you just want to be a CG and grow cannabis even for a family member than no.

Its the control he seeks over peoples lives, he's no different than any other GOP bully. He's an ego maniacal evangelical Christian conservative republican who believe he is the chosen one to decide another ones fate. No matter how many citizens voted yes or if what he does is unethical or lacks morals.

You want medical cannabis in Michigan? Recall Schuette out of office and put the fear of God into our other enemies that they will suffer the same fate or be taken out at the ballot box, republican, democrat, third party, doesn't matter.

You either respect the voters demands and my rights or...you're my enemy....

Get to your Compassion Clubs....!!!!

If the program ends we may be left with Sec 8 but if the AG strikes down the MMMA, we're done. He will soon release a statement saying the MMMA is unconstitutional because it violates federal CSA law therefore rendering it null and void. If that happens, there is no more Sec 8.

Have we had enough yet? Does anyone think it's time to legalize or do we continue fighting for scraps? Not me. My fight is for legalization.

Exactly, that's why we decided to take the advice of someone on this website who suggested that those in favor of complete legalization should take it to another website that deals with the issue on a federal level. I really appreciate all of the efforts the medical community is putting in, but the idiots running this state cannot be trusted to respect our law or democracy in general.

I would love to see these federal bills for total legalization pass. Then Schuette will get the bitchslap he deserves.

Michigan is not going to throw away the tens of millions of dollars in fees and sales taxes being generated by the MM community. You do away with the MMMP and every grow shop closes and state and local municipalities lose huge tax revenues.

Sadly I don't think this is the case. They get to tax a portion of our income with medical, but without it, they get to take all our income and everything we have earned in our entire lives (asset forfeiture) and more.

Guest caninabus0420

You would have to prove the AG made money off his decision in an illegal way. Like if he was a cannabis dealer trying to get rid of his competition with his official opinion. Do you have evidence of this?

They do make money when they confiscate your cash with the mmj !!!!!

just coyping and paste this here so it is here to and not all over

http://www.safeacces...cle.php?id=5614

For Immediate Release: December 1st, 2008

U.S. Supreme Court: State Medical Marijuana Laws Not Preempted by Federal Law

Medical marijuana case appealed by the City of Garden Grove was denied review today

Washington, DC -- The U.S. Supreme Court refused to review a landmark decision today in which California state courts found that its medical marijuana law was not preempted by federal law. The state appellate court decision from November 28, 2007, ruled that "it is not the job of the local police to enforce the federal drug laws." The case, involving Felix Kha, a medical marijuana patient from Garden Grove, was the result of a wrongful seizure of medical marijuana by local police in June 2005. Medical marijuana advocates hailed today's decision as a huge victory in clarifying law enforcement's obligation to uphold state law. Advocates assert that better adherence to state medical marijuana laws by local police will result in fewer needless arrests and seizures. In turn, this will allow for better implementation of medical marijuana laws not only in California, but in all states that have adopted such laws.

"It's now settled that state law enforcement officers cannot arrest medical marijuana patients or seize their medicine simply because they prefer the contrary federal law," said Joe Elford, Chief Counsel with Americans for Safe Access (ASA), the medical marijuana advocacy organization that represented the defendant Felix Kha in a case that the City of Garden Grove appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court. "Perhaps, in the future local government will think twice about expending significant time and resources to defy a law that is overwhelmingly supported by the people of our state."

California medical marijuana patient Felix Kha was pulled over by the Garden Grove Police Department and cited for possession of marijuana, despite Kha showing the officers proper documentation. The charge against Kha was subsequently dismissed, with the Superior Court of Orange County issuing an order to return Kha's wrongfully seized 8 grams of medical marijuana. The police, backed by the City of Garden Grove, refused to return Kha's medicine and the city appealed. Before the 41-page decision was issued a year ago by California's Fourth District Court of Appeal, the California Attorney General filed a "friend of the court" brief on behalf of Kha's right to possess his medicine. The California Supreme Court then denied review in March.

"The source of local law enforcement's resistance to upholding state law is an outdated, harmful federal policy with regard to medical marijuana," said ASA spokesperson Kris Hermes. "This should send a message to the federal government that it's time to establish a compassionate policy more consistent with the 13 states that have adopted medical marijuana laws."

Hey Indica Jones can u elaborate. whats a dooty.

In Law language is everything . I didn't know either but when I go before St Peter I hope I am not introduced as one . Wouldn't it be a better path for everyone if the State AG derived opinions which supported a fully functioning Act like Patients require and the state needs . The sooner they define our community in a manner that is respected the better it is for everyone . The path of a unworkable program he is taking is truly upsetting the respect of law by 10's of thousands of oatuebts in our State and I am sure others watching .

Medical cannabis has forced eveyone to think about the fact over 1 /20 people use cannabis each month despite horrendus penalties in this Country and testing costing billions of dollars .

Archived