Going Hydro

sknkwrks

I think im about done with soil and am ready to go full out hydro. I have done a bubble bucket here and there but never really got heavy into it but now its time. I am just not sure which type of system I want to use. I was thinking of using a top feed/drip system and then I thought about just using bubble buckets then I thought about a flood and drain system. Any suggestions on a system? I do know that i will be using dina-gro nuets and I am going to try the ratio of bloom and calmag that Longhairbri uses it seems to work good for him. Feel free to toss me some ideas and tips and tricks and please give me some opions on the different types of systems

truthfully, anytime you feed w a nutrient solution, you are running 'hydro'... so taking that leap from soil really doesn't have to be that big of a deal. the easiest way to go about it is to use a soilless peat mix like promix or sunshine 4... then mix your solution & top feed until run-off, which goes to the drain... simple drain to waste 'system' if you tie in a rez + a pump + drain trays/lines. a simple variation is to change the promix to perlite/vermiculite... and then you are into a drain to waste hempy hydro system... ;-)

What are your goals? What hydro equipment do you already own that will make setup easier and cheaper? Why ask such a broad question when you can research it yourself on Google? Watch a video or read a book on hydro.

You really just have to go for it and try the five main hydro methods yourself. There are benefits and drawbacks to all of them. DWC is a pretty darn good way to grow. However because the plants grow so incredibly fast and big, they can be high maintenance. You will find that the more efficient the method, the more work it can be as the plants grow faster.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived