• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alot of variables. was the room sealed completely. what level of Co2 was achieved? how long was it totaly last for?

he noted he didnt get on top of the situation fast enough.

if you got webbing, its likely too late....

no webs to date...knock on wood.

but the part on the boy with epilepsy was excellent imo... very well done on the shows part imo.

A good second episode. I especially liked the part where the CBD tincture gave that little boy 4 days with no seizures! :goodjob::thumbsu:

Yes it was so cool to see that little boys seizures stop for 4 days, I have a Nephew who's son is 5 years old and has Dravet syndrome too he is worse than this kid and has had feeding tube installed recently. I tried about a year ago to get my nephew to try cannibis with no luck, so I am going to try and contact Andrew DeAngelo today to follow up on this kid. The best part is he lives in San Jose and Harborside has a second location there now, this could truely give my nephew's son a chance at some kind of quality of life, this is the best news and to come at Christmas time is a true blessing.

A good second episode. I especially liked the part where the CBD tincture gave that little boy 4 days with no seizures! :goodjob::thumbsu:

:goodjob:

me too... that was amazing to see the relief in his fathers eyes....

great episode... and thanks IRS for sending a 2.2 million tax bill.. what a bunch of douch-bearing-suck wads....

all hail the power hungry gestapo....apparently the old mantra if you can't beat them join them isn't applicable here... but it should be.....

because if more people would just relax their position a little bit then our medicine would not be federally unavailable....

roll one up.. sit back... and chill please everyone in the federal government...:devil:

:rolleyes:

peace...

great show.... i totally enjoyed seeing the spidermites up close.... and i was bummed totally when that grower couldn't sell his flowers to harborside.

i just wanted to call and ask "what are you gonna do with it now?"

i like the standards of testing they are using to accept dried cannabis into their storefront.

i also love the way his flood table is on a home built stand on wheels that he could easily roll around the space... instantly gave me some ideas for a weekend project...thank you discovery channel.

Yes it was so cool to see that little boys seizures stop for 4 days, I have a Nephew who's son is 5 years old and has Dravet syndrome too he is worse than this kid and has had feeding tube installed recently. I tried about a year ago to get my nephew to try cannibis with no luck, so I am going to try and contact Andrew DeAngelo today to follow up on this kid. The best part is he lives in San Jose and Harborside has a second location there now, this could truely give my nephew's son a chance at some kind of quality of life, this is the best news and to come at Christmas time is a true blessing.

that's frickin awesome they live in a community that supports cannabis as medicine and that they have safe access nearby their home.... someday we too will have that availability here in Michigan with tested, inspected quality controlled medicine available at a safe secure location...

i hope and pray they find a high CBD tincture... and that it has the desired affect.

Iceman,

Just wanted to let you know that Rick Pfrommer is very good friend of mine (he is the purchasing manager on the show and now a GM at Harborside - Oakland). I just talked to him about your Nephew's son and he would be happy for you to get in contact with him to discuss getting your Nephew some info and medicine if he decides to try to treat his son with it.

The little boy featured on the show is continuing to do really well according to Rick, so there is truly some sort of hope.

Please PM me and I will give you the contact info you need to get ahold of him today!

Does anyone else not like the guy that sells his Sage and Sour Diesel for 4k a lb at the disp? I don't have a problem with the price it is, becasue if they're willing to pay it shame on them but I just find him arrogant and IMO after seeing yesterday he has a long way to go before hes some master grower if he can't detect a SM infestation before webbing he has too many plants to care of IMO. Maybe he shouldn't have taken the job at HarborSide if he can't control his room but thats his call. He just seems to me that someone 5 years ago was talking him up and he became local "legend" for being "one of the best growers in the world" according to the other employee who was intaking meds at the counter. IDK he just seemed like he was only in it to get the money and to stroke his ego opposed to helping patients and other CGs besides his "partner"

All in all it seems like a good show, dress probally should have taken off the dress for the meeting if he wanted to be seen as a businessman but again that was his call. Luigi BOMBED his "speech" and I think is the reason why they didn't even discuss the tax issue which is outrageous but a whole different discussion all in its self

Episode 2 full show on u tube... season 1 episode 2 :thumbsu:

I hope this show puts the issue of cannabis healing in everybody's mind. There are so many folks deathly sick and needing help, but the stigmata of the war on drugs has kept them from looking for a better answer. Now this show puts the issue right in front of the masses to judge for them self's.

Iceman,

Just wanted to let you know that Rick Pfrommer is very good friend of mine (he is the purchasing manager on the show and now a GM at Harborside - Oakland). I just talked to him about your Nephew's son and he would be happy for you to get in contact with him to discuss getting your Nephew some info and medicine if he decides to try to treat his son with it.

The little boy featured on the show is continuing to do really well according to Rick, so there is truly some sort of hope.

Please PM me and I will give you the contact info you need to get ahold of him today!

PM sent

I have watched both episodes and I like it so far.

Does not seem to be pushing any particular agenda or trying to exploit the typical stereotypes.

It's actually been a fair representation of our community, both the good and bad.

Agreed a fair look from my view...now if only this can be added to the daily &world news !

Guest Medicinal Patient

You can watch your favorite tv shows and movies in full here free. I use this one the most. No need to dl anything to watch.

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Weed-Wars_29377/

And here .......

http://fastpasstv.ms/channels/

http://www.allshowsdaily.com/

http://eztvstream.com/tv-shows-3

http://tubeplus.me/

Your fav network news shows msnbc/fox/hln/cnn can be watched live here

http://www.rentadrone.tv/hln-live-stream-feed/

You can watch your favorite tv shows and movies in full here free. I use this one the most. No need to dl anything to watch.

http://www.tv-links....eed-Wars_29377/

And here .......

http://fastpasstv.ms/channels/

http://www.allshowsdaily.com/

http://eztvstream.com/tv-shows-3

http://tubeplus.me/

Your fav network news shows msnbc/fox/hln/cnn can be watched live here

http://www.rentadron...ve-stream-feed/

I I found your info helpful . I watched the show on Youtube . Afterwards I thought . There is a awful lot of discrimination going on look at their tax issues .I also thought

I too am scared that not one word should be changed in the existing Michigan act . The more I learn I keep thinking we need more protections for patients to access regular medical care and a clearer dispensory law that allowed patients to provide supply from their plant counts and kept felonies from being invoked on qualified patients for minor infractions . Arresting a patient for being confused and not locking the door to their room when in it and the door bell rings is not right . Something has to be done about weight to allow for medable use and reasonable enforcement in relation to non interupted supply when it is aknowledged a ounce a week is reasonable and we know many use more in severe situations which most of us are in .

I just wished they'd named it something else...Yes most of us understand the connotation but the average citizen doesn't.. I'd brought up this program at our group meeting three weeks ago and last night was the first time most of the group watched...'a flood of tears' would be and understatement!

The young lady who is a wheelchair bound MS patient and an admitted conservative who doesn't condone 'drug use' of any kind, is now a MM Patient and staunch defender of Medical Cannabis. Or the Dad, searching for an answer to help his son find relief from the worst form of epilepsy who only after a single treatment with a Tincture he son was seizure free for four days, first time in four years.

The DeAngelo family in my eyes stand next to Jack Herer in educating the world of the miraculous medicinal powers of the simple Cannabis plant...

Paraplegic Muscular Dystrophy Patient Seeks Cannabis to Alleviate Pain on Discovery Channel’s “Weed Wars” Episode 3

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/524794

Episode 3 of “Weed Wars,” the new Discovery Channel series about Oakland cannabis club Harborside Health Center, will air on Thursday, December 17th at 10 pm. This episode, according to Barborside, includes the moving account of a wheelchair-bound paraplegic patient with muscular dystrophy taking for first dose of medical marijuana to relieve her pain.

Muscular dystrophy is a hereditary condition marked by progressive weakening and wasting of the muscles that gets worse over time. Being religious and conservative, the patient never imagined she would use marijuana. But her prescribed medications ceased to deliver adequate relief, and in desperation, she came to Harborside Health Center for help.

The episode comes on the heels of an article on Time.com by health writer Maia Szalavitz that discusses the results of a new study that indicates patients can safely use cannabis while taking opioid painkillers, and the combination allows them to take fewer pills.

The research results, according to the article, were published in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. The study tracked 21 patients living with chronic pain who were taking either long-acting morphine or Oxycontin twice a day. Adding marijuana to these opioid drugs reduced patients' pain by an average of 27%. The inclusion of cannabis also did not significantly affect blood levels of the prescription drugs. If marijuana had raised those blood levels, it could have increased overdose risk.

With rising concerns about opioid overdose—the death toll associated with prescription painkillers has recently surpassed that of traffic accidents—the new findings are striking. While marijuana won’t replace opioids for the most severe pain, cannabis has advantages. For one, people can’t overdose on marijuana. For another, the risk of becoming addicted to the drug are markedly lower than the risk associated with opioid use.

Harborside says further study should be conducted to determine which patients would benefit most, and to what extent marijuana can actually reduce opioid use. Unfortunately, the Obama administration is currently engaged in a crackdown on marijuana dispensaries in the 16 states that have legalized medical use. Harborside believes the money the government is spending on fighting the states could be used on research.

Not just a Bay Area medical marijuana dispensary, Harborside Health Center provides free services such as acupuncture, chiropractic treatments, yoga and counseling as part of Harborside’s holistic approach to patients’ health. Currently, Harborside provides patients approximately 1,820 hours of holistic health services each year—which has an estimated value of $227,500, or 10 percent of the dispensary’s yearly net income.

Harborside assists patients who cannot afford the medicine they need. The Oakland medical cannabis club has donated over $643,000 in free medicine to its qualified low-income members over the past four years through its Care Package program. Harborside also offers weekly seminars to teach patients how to grow their own medicine.

Another way Harborside has helped patients financially is through its Rewards Card program. When the State Board of Equalization ruled in 2006 that dispensaries must pay sales tax, Harborside immediately implemented the program to help mitigate the extra cost the sales tax created.

Harborside believes in supporting the community and helping people stand up for their rights. Over the last four years, the health center has donated over $340,000 to other cannabis-related non-profit organizations and efforts to better the local community. At Harborside’s in-house Patient Activist Resource Center, patients are taught basics of activism and lobbying, and in turn, they receive a free gram of medicine for each hour worked.

These practices have earned Harborside industry-wide accolades and media attention. The New York Times calls Harborside “a model for the medical marijuana industry,” while Fortune Magazine says Harborside is showing “the rest of the nation how such an establishment could provide top-flight patient services, adhere to the letter of the law, and interact with the surrounding community beneficially.”

Discovery Channel’s “Weed Wars” focuses on Oakland’s Harborside Health Center—which has set the gold standard for medicinal cannabis dispensaries in the nation—and the leadership behind Harborside: activist, founder and Executive Director Steve DeAngelo. DeAngelo’s lifelong mission has been to bring the truth about the cannabis plant to the American public.

The show follows the DeAngelo family and Harborside’s staff as they fearlessly wrestle with the complex issues they face every day. The series accurately captures the real-life drama and high stakes of the California-voter-approved business as federal agencies make increasingly harsher threats and IRS audits attempt to shut down the Oakland cannabis dispensary.

In addition to focusing on Steve DeAngelo, his family and the staff, “Weed Wars” follows the journey of the plant itself from seed germination to harvesting. Audiences will meet the growers and “patient farmers” whose job it is to provide the “medicine” that will be eventually purchased and used by thousands of clients, many of whom feel their lives have been forever changed by the plant.

Discovery has announced it will rerun last week’s controversial episode “Federal Crackdown” immediately prior to the new episode.

About Harborside Health Center: Founded by national cannabis leader Steve DeAngelo in 2005, Harborside Health Center is the not-for-profit model medical cannabis dispensary in the country. The Oakland holistic healing center and medical marijuana collective offers its 94,000 registered patients free holistic health services, lab-tested medicine and education.

“Out of the shadows and in to the light” epitomizes DeAngelo’s mission to enlighten the public on the many medicinal and therapeutic benefits of the plant. DeAngelo is recognized as a national leader and strategist of the cannabis reform movement. He speaks and writes widely on the subject. Harborside and DeAngelo are featured on “Weed Wars,” now airing on The Discovery Channel.

For more information about Harborside Health Center, call (510) 533-0146 or visit harborsidehealthcenter.com.

For more information about “Weed Wars” or the information in this release, contact Gaynell Rogers at (415) 298-1114 or Linda Stokely at (707) 981-4407.

###

Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/-medical-marijuana-/-oakland-weed-wars-/prweb9044866.htm

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/524794#ixzz1ghDQBO6a

If you were able to pause the show at the point where steves brother read the bad customer review, you would have seen the guy complain about Harborside charging 65 an 1/8th for cannabis that wasnt even top shelp meds. When tallied this amounts to almost 8500% per lb. When lil Stevie was caught with his hand in the cookie jar he had written the receipt for $3k. which tells me thats an avg price pd for a lb of herb by Harborside. So what im tryin to figure out is how those guys can say they are a "not for profit" but charging patients 3x's what they are paying for the meds...isnt that the same thing dealers do? ThEy want to cry "not for profit" to take advantage of the tax breaks but want to charge patients and make money like they were a for profit business, cant have it both ways fellas.

If you were able to pause the show at the point where steves brother read the bad customer review, you would have seen the guy complain about Harborside charging 65 an 1/8th for cannabis that wasnt even top shelp meds. When tallied this amounts to almost 8500% per lb. When lil Stevie was caught with his hand in the cookie jar he had written the receipt for $3k. which tells me thats an avg price pd for a lb of herb by Harborside. So what im tryin to figure out is how those guys can say they are a "not for profit" but charging patients 3x's what they are paying for the meds...isnt that the same thing dealers do? ThEy want to cry "not for profit" to take advantage of the tax breaks but want to charge patients and make money like they were a for profit business, cant have it both ways fellas.

You still have to pay employees, rent, electric, and they also had onsite massage/chiropractic services (among other things I would assume) that were paid for out of the "profit." And of course the owners are making some money. Go ahead and find me a non-profit where no one makes money. Quite a few only actually use 10% of what you donate to go towards what you actually are donating for. 90% goes for expenses and salaries. Which is why I only usually donate hard goods. Go ahead and take 90% of that sweater or can of corn. lol

You still have to pay employees, rent, electric, and they also had onsite massage/chiropractic services (among other things I would assume) that were paid for out of the "profit." And of course the owners are making some money. Go ahead and find me a non-profit where no one makes money. Quite a few only actually use 10% of what you donate to go towards what you actually are donating for. 90% goes for expenses and salaries. Which is why I only usually donate hard goods. Go ahead and take 90% of that sweater or can of corn. lol

They admitted to making over 23 million in one year. If their mark-up of all retail products (bud, oils, hash etc)are at about the same level as the markup on the lb i was speaking of then that would mean that they spent a little less than $8mil or so on retail products which leaves a lil less than $16mil to pay for payroll, rent, electricity etc. Yeah, $16mil takes care of those expenses for a cple yrs im sure.

There is no way anyone would ever get me to believe that they arent raping their "patients" and makin money hand over fist. And as far as other "not for profits"...they arent my concern. They arent trying to get the mainstream to see this is supposed to be about patients having access to quality meds at a reasonable price, not about making millions while at the same time tryin to cry you have no $....its just BS. Why is that P2P transactions go for 200 an oz in most cases ive sen but Harborside can get away with charging up to 520$ an oz and people go to bat for em. Unreal.

Why is that P2P transactions go for 200 an oz in most cases ive sen but Harborside can get away with charging up to 520$ an oz and people go to bat for em. Unreal.

They can "get away" with it because the patients buy it. They could charge $800 for a gram if they wanted, but I bet the clientele would drop to zero.

And if you recall they are going/gone? through an audit. I am sure if they are skimming more than they are allowed to as a non-profit, it will show and they will be punished accordingly. And I am sure the IRS/FED have been looking for every and any reason to knock them down, I am sure they looked into that fairly hardcore. Many CEO's for non-profits get quite wealthy from the "non-profit." I am sure the same goes for Harborside, but I wouldn't hold them to a higher standard than any other non-profit. I'm with you, I don't think it's right that this could happen, but to fix it we just have to vote for Reps that agree with us and do something to change it. Until then...

Archived