Until I Get My Card...

zachw

Who knows how long it will take to get my card. But until I do, here is what I carry just in case I am ever stopped while in possession of meds:

A single sheet of 8-1/2 x 11, folded to credit card size to fit in my wallet. One side has side by side (landscape mode) reduced sized copies of both the application form and the physician certification. I have blanked out my social security number for security reasons. The other side has copies - front and back - of my canceled check as well as the certificate of mailing from the post office.

I have no expectation that LARA will get more efficient in the near future, so when it comes time for renewal I will (per their suggestion) submit paperwork 60 days before my expiration date. Then I will make a similar single sheet 21 days later.

Easy to do, easy to carry. Shows that I am 100% in compliance. No worries about when I'll finally get the card.

z

the best bet is to make multiple copies of your actual paperwork. keep a copy with you at all times, a copy in the vehicle a copy in the house, and a copy somewhere else. say a parents or friends place.

any sheet you make up showing your paperwork may not be the best representation in the eyes of law enforcement. with an exact photocopy of the original paperwork, including app, doc cert, cashed check and receipt of app at MMMP offices, your chances should be increased greatly until you get the hard card.

the reduced sized copies may show manipulation that wont be allotted for.

I would carry the exact paperwork, the scanned/reduced size paperwork might not be considered 'hardcopy' by some LEO.

It is not a hassle, to carry a envelope with the fullsized copies of all these documents, if this makes a tiny difference to an LEO letting me go, I use it!

Since I work security for cardholder events, I also rather examine the actual documents or photocopy of same. Anything that could be photoshopped is regarded with suspicion. i have a hard enough time with photocopies of the cashed checks - but having the full size image I can recognize certain marks that makes me view it as legit.

DN

Who knows how long it will take to get my card. But until I do, here is what I carry just in case I am ever stopped while in possession of meds:

A single sheet of 8-1/2 x 11, folded to credit card size to fit in my wallet. One side has side by side (landscape mode) reduced sized copies of both the application form and the physician certification. I have blanked out my social security number for security reasons. The other side has copies - front and back - of my canceled check as well as the certificate of mailing from the post office.

If you go with zachw's shrink method, set the copier to a 68% reduce factor.