Are You willing to open your home up

to anyone needing help ?

Are you willing to provide your real name

and Address to help those in need ?

What Groups or Clubs do you support to

help to the Patients that are in Need ?

Compassion Clubs are by Far the Best way in

our community to Help Each Others ...

We 're only TRYING to Protect Patients and Caregivers ....

Personally , i think it is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS

to post in ANY Forum that your offering any transfers ...

Especially w/ our laws being Changed ...

and innocent people are being Arrested ....

I don't believe anyone has ALL the Answers ,

But Someone has to Try to the best of their Ability

to help those in need ...

Why Can't people just try to get Along w/ each other ?

Why can't people Support each other and Improve our

Efforts in Protecting each other ?

There Are SO MANY much more Important / Serious Issues

that need to be dealt w/ before our Elections ....

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vIP area is a great idea. I understand, appreciate and respect your points about its usefulness...

I disagree about the whole trolling thing. While I do understand some people simply exist to make life miserable, It is often the dissenting opinions that create the variance in ideas which leads us to make things better ...

Just my humble opinion

You know, sometimes when things are really good in essence and the reaction by the public is poor, spin wins.

Here's a concept that might spin right and achieve the same basic objective.

Rather than having one blanket VIP area with special access based on earlier stated criteria, what if as a special perk to "members" who were rewarded with their own personal private thread. They can invite who they want, there can be more than thread in the VIP area. Or essentially more than 1 VIP area.

I guess I don't really understand how the private sections work behind the scenes etc so It is kind of hard to spin into what the capabilities are.

But can we offer the great service in a way that people do not have a visceral reaction to?

I do not have a visceral reaction, I see the value in the VIP area. I do have plenty to things to say behind the scenes that I do not feel much comfortable saying in open forum.

Personally , i think it is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS

to post in ANY Forum that your offering any transfers ...

I agree. I don't even feel safe buying from someone I don't know, much less selling to them.

Some of you may not know this but there is a criminal charge of "attempted possession".

(See United States v. Washington, 106 F.3d 983, 1004 (D.C.Cir. 1997); United States v. Cartlidge, 808 F.2d 1064 (5th Cir. 1987).In Washington, the court described the charge as follows: "attempted possession [with intent to distribute] on an aiding and abetting theory." 106 F.3d at 1003.)

Besides, like Groucho Marx said;

"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."

Well all I know is, someone with good intentions tried to help people and it got thrown back at him in such a distorted form it was unbelievable. I've had this done to me so many times I lost count. Best of intentions often backfire, makes people doubt themselves, question themselves, wonder if it's even worth trying anymore. It's no fun feeling that way. I'm so sad to see how this thing has been blown all out of proportion, though sadly I sensed it'd happen, but it seems no matter how people try explaining, no matter how they say it, someone will always misunderstand. Seems like we're all speaking different languages sometimes.

My heart goes out to the person who tried setting this up, with only the purest intention of protecting our safety. Those who tried helping, do understand, and some of you do, too; it means a LOT that some do get it.

All I know is, my heart is sunk.

Sincerely, Sb

Morhawk, your first line suggest you are misunderstanding this main concept of this area.

its nothing exclusive.

Sorry, maybe the VIP term confused me. But I did place the exclusive in quotes. Overall, my post was geared towards how I thought it was backwards to announce a PRIVATE section PUBLICLY. As Tarzan said, "why do people have to make a big deal about this?" Well, because it was called VIP and PRIVATE then announced PUBLICLY. I understand the premise of keeping people safe, but anyone who met the guidelines could have been informed privatly instead of out in the open where aholes like myself can offer our 2 cents.. :-D It's to be expected when you have a forum based in a country with the first amendment. This VIP section could be God's gift to the MM community for all I know, but as long as computers turn on, keyboards work, this thread is open, and the people evade getting banned, the opinions will flow.. :thumbsu:

Well all I know is, someone with good intentions tried to help people and it got thrown back at him in such a distorted form it was unbelievable. . . . I'm so sad to see how this thing has been blown all out of proportion, though sadly I sensed it'd happen, but it seems no matter how people try explaining, no matter how they say it, someone will always misunderstand. Seems like we're all speaking different languages sometimes.

My heart goes out to the person who tried setting this up, with only the purest intention of protecting our safety. Those who tried helping, do understand, and some of you do, too; it means a LOT that some do get it.

All I know is, my heart is sunk.

Sincerely, Sb

I don't think everyone realizes the potential danger whenever a transaction occurs.

It's hard to fully appreciate the impact an arrest has on your life until your door gets kicked in and guns are leveled at your family.

It is much better to unintentionally offend someone and hurt their feelings than to risk your life and the lives of your loved ones in a violent police action.

Even when the people are well known to you it never hurts to be safe.

How many of you know people who have been turned in by friends because the police told them, "If you give us three names we'll let you go."

I don't think everyone realizes the potential danger whenever a transaction occurs.

It's hard to fully appreciate the impact an arrest has on your life until your door gets kicked in and guns are leveled at your family.

It is much better to unintentionally offend someone and hurt their feelings than to risk your life and the lives of your loved ones in a violent police action.

Even when the people are well known to you it never hurts to be safe.

How many of you know people who have been turned in by friends because the police told them, "If you give us three names we'll let you go."

Very good points. Trust is such a fragile thing. This is why people need to learn how to use their Intuition, plus commn sense. -Sb

Hey everyone...I'm Kris of the Kris & Chuck who are vendors at the Market. Don't know me by name...let's see..I usually work twice a month and I not only bring in meds, medibles and clones but my family also does Glass Pipes. The ones with the little Critters are done by a friend of mine. Remember me now?

I'm interested in the VIP lounge and would love an invite. Anyone interested in vouching for me? I'm sure that several of you know us but what I don't know is your face to your screen name.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to help me out. I appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Kris @ Grateful Farms

It's about safety. It's about taking care of patients. It's about staying out of jail. These are simple basic concepts. The MMMA will continually innovate to keep people safe. Thanks, bb

Could'nt agree more bb How bout a list of rules to follow to keep yer donkey out of jail!

#1 when out in public keep your mouth shut(who knows if a under cover leo is siting next to you at the bar)

#2 Never deal with anyone you dont know (unless you have a person u know and trust vouch for them)

how bout some more!

Guest 1TokeOverLine

I've seen the private forum thing on other sites and it never works. Doesn't start out to be a good ole boy thing but it always ends up like that.

Anything where one can enter but one cannot, or one is preferred and one is not, isn't for me.

I don't want to be a VIP so please don't invite me. I don't understand how this furthers the medical cannabis movement so count me out. Nothing personal.

Just not into the clique thing or favoritism as it always serves to divide...and it already has. Just read Eric's post above and I'm sure he's not the only one feeling left out. Doesn't hurt my feelings at all but other good people will be hurt and I want no part of that.

Either we're all equal and in this together, or we're not. Can't have it both ways.

For me, I have work to do. Legalization in 2012.

Peace. :rock:

Our feelings, exactly. It always starts out with the right intentions but turns into a popularity contest.

Couldn't have stated it better. Thanks, but no thanks. There is an existing locked Steering Committee forum for the popular kids, do we really need another, after all, the only people that can meet the requirements will be the Steering Committee and staff. Call it by any other name, but it's still the Good Ole Boys' clique any way you cut it. High School playground crap and us nerds are herded into the corner of the playground......are we not adults?

I, for one, resent being classified as a child or slandering my trustworthiness. Anyone not in the Good Ole Boys' club is not to be trusted???? wtf

Beginning to regret my membership decision now, this ain't what I signed up for. This flies in the face of every reason we fought in Nam for. Turns my stomach, I better get off here and start looking for a site that trusts me......I have met many and made many lifelong friends, but none of them are the ones that count to gain the Privilege Trust bestowed by the elite.

1T

just so you are aware, its not you or any of our members that is not trusted Sir, it is anyone in cyberspace that can read any post in any open forum stating "I GOT OZes for 400.00 OF CaliKUSH, heres my email/number, come one come all"

those posts do so much good for the reason for the season.

the locked steering committee was/is used by mods and admin and volenteers for staging for the Sept 7th protest, and ill assume was left up for mods/admins a place when working future protests. ya your right, thats a real member killer in there.

i seen it before i was a mod, and didn't and don't give things like that a 2nd thought. EVERY forum has a private area on them. you wouldnt run a business by haveing board meetings in the park would you?

i had a suspicion as a member is was of some such reason, and after i was a mod, and got to peek inside, its just that. a place to directly communiate via the forum for live events basically.

let me ask, WHO would post overages available on Craigslist or pot trader or thc finder any more? Prior to the CoA ruling that led to the closing of close to 90% of the dispensaries. I know I wouldnt, would anyone else?

or would one maybe prefer to know of a forum with a safe access area you can maybe source meds from should you ever have the need arise? its a save access site, because not just anyone can get it.

you sound like you care about your safty, but feel because we are making a private area for members what are known personally by OTHER MEMBERS, we must be working against members? That is just Absolute Sillyness!!!!!!

maybe one ok with potfinder or craigslist. if one is, good on them, but point is they are the exception in that case, not the rule.

are you, or anyone you may of met in the last 3 months ever in need of meds and cant find any, except maybe thru CL or TCH finder?

many people feel they could use a SAFE, Respected, and Organized Community to find meds they are in need of. Making sure Patients have access to quality meds, and standing up to Uncle Billy and Granda Rick, is the other reason we are here. Its what we do.

but in the meantime, fervor on with rampant speculation and conjecture if its makes one feel fancy.

OH hell, ya know what, it IS a good old boys club.

its the THANK FRAKINGGOD SOME ONE IS THINKING AND IS INSIGHTFUL ENOUGH TO REALIZE WHAT A making whoopee-MESS the state is in at the moment, & DONT want to get BUSTED because of some without the basic commen sense god gave a gnatsass- good old boys club.

either way, im ok with it.lol

its not about you, me or them, its about the ability to get patients needs met.

end of story/rant.

Archived