Verified Identity

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a much different reaction to the thread when I opened up the site today. Verified Identity made be feel safe and protected, whereas VIP made me feel inclusive or exclusive and not knowing which i was.

I am not much interested in transfer discussion as I am legal discussion whereas we are do not have to play cards face up constantly. Tipping out hat to the tyrants who lurk and troll.

unfortunately, perception can not always be so easily colored for all to see the same picture.

but yes 10/4, that is the sole intention here. to build a network (members all over the state) that has a trusted and confidential place to get the medical and medicinal help needed as a Patient of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program.

This is a good idea to have a safe place to do what it is intended for but for many it may never work. Some of the people that should be in there may never make it others don't want to be there. How about some that don't get out or can't. get out to meet the others that can invite people in. What about us that have meet others but didn't a big impression on these people. I have meet many but do you remember me ? Met Joe at the rally , the loft and the FM or SB whom I met at the rally and know you don't remember me as you told me so in a post. how about Jim , pic book do you remember me from the Market? The 3 Bs at the back table of the loft, well that is a bad example as I hardly remember the table after the third pass, good sorry exalant meds. Or Jeramey and Josh when you helped me up from the floor at the loft when my blood sugar bottomed out? I could go on with many others but I don't think any remember me let a lone my real name. I like many others here have donated free meds to people that have been out, looking for a CG or just didn't have the cash to comp anyone or do the dispensary rout. This isn't just about me ( just an example) but many that have close to the same story..

You may have known a person a year or more good times good buds just to have invited them in the new room , just to find them to be UC We all hope not as we just want to get along and fight the real fight, helping each other help the sick and dying PTs. And get the laws straightened out. You may and can call me a troll, band me for my view But I do believe in what you're trying to do make a safe place to conduct a privet dialogue. Room or not we have a good working site here.

Really isn't it time to STOP this infighting and get back on track of helping those that NEED it most, each other to get the law straightened out and better our knowledge to better help the ones that need this wonderful medical plant ?

This is just my opinion take for what it's worth, and do what you may with me and or my account.

Respectfully Pops

I see some things (no, not dead people)

1. people, while they might not like the 'name schematics' of VIP or 'VERIFIED' - they like the idea of a more private discussion area than a wide open public forum.

2. I have seen/used private areas before in forums - they do not divide people, it can encourage good behavior, respect, and effort - because people will want to get into the VIP area. On the other sites, we still voted on certain problematic people- staff should decide if some people will be discluded - based on poor behavior, lack of respect, and lack of effort (meaning you lurk, or are a newbie who needs a few posts)

3. The private area is for members, it is to exclude the public. Members need a 'safe zone' where they might talk about private things like work, health, and medicine - that they rather the public not see. The public has to earn trust, because some of the public are just interested in the entertainment aspects of the internet and just like to cause drama, some of the public are criminals, they want to prey on the weak, and use information shared on here to commit crimes. Some are misguided moral police, some are police. We need a private area for the members, so they can take their relationships to the next level. We might never meet face to face, so we must find a secure way to 'know each other'.

4. Some people just do not like change, they will fight us every step of the way. Some people want change their way, while we must put the forum ahead of any opinion. Some people still want to see the MMM.org fail, we must guard against these people and tactics - even more so now with the law ruling by COA.

Oscar Mike

DN

This is a good idea to have a safe place to do what it is intended for but for many it may never work. Some of the people that should be in there may never make it others don't want to be there. How about some that don't get out or can't. get out to meet the others that can invite people in. What about us that have meet others but didn't a big impression on these people. I have meet many but do you remember me ? Met Joe at the rally , the loft and the FM or SB whom I met at the rally and know you don't remember me as you told me so in a post. how about Jim , pic book do you remember me from the Market? The 3 Bs at the back table of the loft, well that is a bad example as I hardly remember the table after the third pass, good sorry exalant meds. Or Jeramey and Josh when you helped me up from the floor at the loft when my blood sugar bottomed out? I could go on with many others but I don't think any remember me let a lone my real name. I like many others here have donated free meds to people that have been out, looking for a CG or just didn't have the cash to comp anyone or do the dispensary rout. This isn't just about me ( just an example) but many that have close to the same story..

You may have known a person a year or more good times good buds just to have invited them in the new room , just to find them to be UC We all hope not as we just want to get along and fight the real fight, helping each other help the sick and dying PTs. And get the laws straightened out. You may and can call me a troll, band me for my view But I do believe in what you're trying to do make a safe place to conduct a privet dialogue. Room or not we have a good working site here.

Really isn't it time to STOP this infighting and get back on track of helping those that NEED it most, each other to get the law straightened out and better our knowledge to better help the ones that need this wonderful medical plant ?

This is just my opinion take for what it's worth, and do what you may with me and or my account.

Respectfully Pops

Pops, I have come to respect your opinions.

We might never defeat UCs and snitches. But we can keep out plenty of riffraff by setting up 'zones', certainly the public area of the forum is the first zone, and not to be trusted. The VIP/Verified area is a secondary, inner zone, Mods and Admins occupy the third and four inner zones - these are zones where security is being increased.

We have to take some steps to make this a safe place, to do nothing is to play into defeat.

Those who want to get into the VIP/Verified area can expect their behavior to be monitored off site as well, the same lack of respect, good conduct, and effort can have that person moved off the VIP/Verified forum.

DN

(1) I didn't feel I needed a VIP or verified area.

(2) I'd be concerned it would create a false sense of security for those participating in transfers.

(3) I hope the regular forums stay vibrant.

(4) I am sorta put off by the stratification of participants.

(5) Maybe the whole thing needs to go underground and local and into the neighborhoods?

(6) It was nice that I could participate anonymously on the site and yet be involved.

(7) Seems like everyone wants to know who people are and not just on the 3ma site. Photos etc.. Sorta creepy.

(8) Starting to think I can't stand the heat. Time to get out of the kitchen?

(9) Guess I may not be ready to be "out." Or maybe I'm just having a bad day or week.

(10) I've avoided transfers with 3ma folks. Didn't want to involve 3ma people at all. Found genetics at a dispensary instead. I've been, however, surprised at the generosity and willingness of 3ma folks to help. You all deserve better protections than what we are getting for sure. Not sure of the answer. I have no desire nor need to exchange on this site. I wouldn't ask any of you.

Anyway to get me a password? I've had bobandtorey with knucklehead bob over to my place, I've helped newbie52 and her husband out many of times, and myself and estimated prophet have traded a few times, if any of my refrences are VIP members hopefully they'll vouch for me

Thanks guys

one of the Bob's contacted me on your behalf. PM sent

LHB

to answer some of these, i ll reply in bold below your points.

(1) I didn't feel I needed a VIP or verified area.

It is good that you have your inner circle and confidence in those you work with. The unfortunate part is many do not have that ability. Many more are private about their personal business and want to keep it that way, but still need to find caregivers or patients they feel safe and comfortable working with.

(2) I'd be concerned it would create a false sense of security for those participating in transfers.

Have faith, this is also a big concern. It is obvious a large one, or this thread would not exist i think. But, it has to be stated, this would be due to a personal misconception on the part of those with that idea about it. Just as you would not go running thru a mall, saying "Zips for 200.00, get'm while their fresh", their needs to be a place for discretion. In my personal opinion, that would be my cell phone, email, im ect, but would not be in an open forum. Not with BS and the current Gang of Misfits trying to trash the law as it currently stands. Those folks need to remember the private members area is about discretion, nothing else

(3) I hope the regular forums stay vibrant.

Idealy, this will have a boosting impact. Once the members, both new and existing, realize this area is a safe place to have more open discussions on helping others and getting help, more folks will join the forum due to the safety offered.

(4) I am sorta put off by the stratification of participants.

A forum is a community of all walks of life. And the fact is, a MMJ forum is a good, yet could be a risky place to be. I have to believe most realize that joining up. But they join because they feel the risk is worth the endevor. Likewise, the private members area is more like your local moose lodge, or VFW hall.

(5) Maybe the whole thing needs to go underground and local and into the neighborhoods?

The 3MA has said for a long time, their needs to be Local True Style Compassion Clubs in every county minimum. But it is up to people in that community to start, run, and operate them. We will do everything we can to help get them setup, legally functioning, and help support them by offering them every resource we can as a Forum, but the local communities and those living in them, need to take responsibility to start them, and handle the day to day operation of them.

(6) It was nice that I could participate anonymously on the site and yet be involved.

This has not changed one bit. And with the private members area you can do so a bit more in the open should you so desire.

(7) Seems like everyone wants to know who people are and not just on the 3ma site. Photos etc.. Sorta creepy.

This goes to the point, Federally, and even in the state, Legal patients and caregivers are being arrested, jailed, prosecuted, by an overzelous AG, and Many Leo and County officials. This unfortunately is part of the old school charm of cannabis over the last 30 yrs. People want to be assured that person they have no idea who they are, will not be an undercover cop, or do something silly should the people the deal with get in trouble. The Entire Reason behind the Private area. You need to be vouched for to get into the private members area, by other members in the private area. So anyone getting into the network, was brought into the network by someone on the inside. Kind of like "Fight Club". 1st rule of Fight Club, DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB. I hope that analogy makes sense.

(8) Starting to think I can't stand the heat. Time to get out of the kitchen?

Your not alone. With the personal agenda of BS, everyone has felt the heat go up. But I will add, that quitting is exactly what the Puke wants. To do so, will only give him (Schuette) deep gratification. Don't allow him that pleasure.

(9) Guess I may not be ready to be "out." Or maybe I'm just having a bad day or week.

Again, many have that feeling. Which is why we are trying very hard to help patients get SAFE access to the medication that will help them.

(10) I've avoided transfers with 3ma folks. Didn't want to involve 3ma people at all. Found genetics at a dispensary instead. I've been, however, surprised at the generosity and willingness of 3ma folks to help. You all deserve better protections than what we are getting for sure. Not sure of the answer. I have no desire nor need to exchange on this site. I wouldn't ask any of you.

And to me, that is fully understandable. It goes to trust I think you ll agree. Our vision with the private members area is to help foster and build that trust. Which is the Entire reason to get into Fight Club, you need to be invited from somoe one inside of Fight Club. If people see that as elitist, again, that is a misconception brought on by what I can only guesstomate, is either their lack of understanding, or unwillingness to read this thread...

you make alot of good points. I hope I have been able to clear a few of them up for you and anyone else that had similar concerns and feelings.

to answer some of these, i ll reply in bold below your points.

you make alot of good points. I hope I have been able to clear a few of them up for you and anyone else that had similar concerns and feelings.

Tim,thanks for the thoughtful response. I hope it works well. I can see where it would be a benefit. All the same, I don't think I will be inclined to use it. Hopefully, if I had such a need that my exhibited behavior on this site and whatever contacts I have made would suffice. Maybe we will formally meet each other sooner than later. I wish continued success for the 3ma.

Tim,thanks for the thoughtful response. I hope it works well. I can see where it would be a benefit. All the same, I don't think I will be inclined to use it. Hopefully, if I had such a need that my exhibited behavior on this site and whatever contacts I have made would suffice. Maybe we will formally meet each other sooner than later. I wish continued success for the 3ma.

so, don't verify me by whatever methods u r using. I won't accept it. And I won't verify anybody either except on my own personal levels. I am so paranoid I don't even think I would verify blueberry except for myself. Nothing personal Joe. Just the way my paranoid mind rolls. Big responsibility and I really don't think any of us r up to the task to verify for someone else.

that is starting to make more sense. I thought the verification was to assure a known person(not Leo or working on their behalf). That would not be easy and fraught with problems. What you explain is a far more limited verification than I was understanding it to be. Sorry for going overboard.

If we are to maintain a verified section that is private to members there must be a standard procedure for validating members. So we need people state wide to check Ids and forward the information on to us. I will be taking info at the farmers market. If you want to be verified while at the market this weekend please bring your MMMA ID written on a piece of paper so your information can be processed. It then becomes the duty of verified members to verify other members id. That's the way we will build it. Thanks, Bb

i would say your concerns Hof, are pretty much spread evenly over the State. some with a bit more and some with less but i would say we all have it to some degree.

Without a valid and authorized way to verify the ID card with the MMMP, say like the LEIN system used by LEO, we have to d the best we can by verifying ID cards appear authentic, Exp Dates are good. ect......

So ya, Maybe Personally Verified would be a better term to utilize.

I understand how many feel; I'm also aware of the original intent of the person who's trying to make a safe place for pt's and cg's to go to conduct transfers. As soon as it was mentioned, I knew thre'd be trouble.

Here's one way to look at it, maybe it'll help. Imagine the VIP Lounge as a physical place inside another building.

Imagine this site is a building; the forums are the areas where anyone can enter. Groups sit together at tables, while others move around from discussion to discussion, table to table, listening and offering ideas, then going on to the next one, sometimes sitting with that group for awhile. Anyone can join in, some just listen, others participate.. Some conversations may be very personal, yet others can still hear. Sometimes someone wants to arrange a transfer, but may feel uncomfortable doing it publicly. If there were seperate rooms, it'd be like using the PM system, but in this imaginary place, there aren't many extra rooms.

When I went to Lansing, and the gathering afterwards, there was a designated room for patients to medicate. The VIP lounge is a similar thing, IMHO.

The VIP room is where they can go to do their transactions. Just like at an event like we had at the Loft, only those with cards or paperwork could enter the designated room; paperwork and cards were checked at the entrence to that room. Once approved, they got something to show they had permission to be there. (For the VIP Lounge, that would be the password.) The people inside knew they were safe, because everyone there was a registered pt. The VIP lounge would be very similar, with the added protection of having whoever checks the credentials, being able to verify the info by double checking it with someone else if need be; it'd be a safe place for pt's and cg's to connect and transfer..

Does this make sense?

Sb

There is never a safe place until the law is accepted Statewide by all parties involved with lieniency for patients or caregivers whom are not seeking to profit through common sense application . We are not anonymous here at any level though some may like us to think we are for both positive and harmful reasons . We are all tied to our DNS and registrered equipment trail . No security should be implied or represented . The fact the site is International ( in Canada ) increases the likilyhood the full weight of the Federal Government is watching over us . I know most people want only the best for patients and compassionate caregivers not motivated by profit .

I think its a step in the right direction for sure. Thats what keeps me involved in this site, and with all of the people, at least god ideas are tried. That imo is a beautiful thing. Scared or not we all move forward, the motives remain the same through sunshine and rain. Much thanks to bb and all the staff mods helpers and aqnyone else that helps, as they're just creating more work for themselves by trying to take the right steps, and help our community.

I brought this up in another thread that is a little more obscure I think, so I'm re-posting in here.

caregivers are authorized to acquire meds for their patients. Legal phrasing allows for transfer between caregivers. If a patient grows their own, aren't they technically their own caregiver? If a patient chooses not to grow, but marks down they are the only one allowed to posses their plants, allows for patient to patient transfer. Has this argument ever been presented? Is there a precedent? Are there holes in my argument?

I brought this up in another thread that is a little more obscure I think, so I'm re-posting in here.

caregivers are authorized to acquire meds for their patients. Legal phrasing allows for transfer between caregivers. If a patient grows their own, aren't they technically their own caregiver? If a patient chooses not to grow, but marks down they are the only one allowed to posses their plants, allows for patient to patient transfer. Has this argument ever been presented? Is there a precedent? Are there holes in my argument?

Yeah several times, I had the same thought, but the short answer is NO, the way it is now you are only a patient. I asked the same question is the only reason I know though. I agree it should be that way it just isn't

Archived