Verified Identity

I brought this up in another thread that is a little more obscure I think, so I'm re-posting in here.

caregivers are authorized to acquire meds for their patients. Legal phrasing allows for transfer between caregivers. If a patient grows their own, aren't they technically their own caregiver? If a patient chooses not to grow, but marks down they are the only one allowed to posses their plants, allows for patient to patient transfer. Has this argument ever been presented? Is there a precedent? Are there holes in my argument?

I think they are struggling with how they may facilitate what they consider legal transfers on the site. Obviously a wide open forum is probably not the right way. And there may be no right way for the site to be involved in transfers. And what if they accidentally verify a LEO with their verification methods? I think ultimately they will not facilitate transfers on this site at all, excepting the farmers markets. Not an answer many want to hear...but probably where they will end up, hopefully not the hard way. Just my guess.

To me, its obviously all well intentioned.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is more of an attempt to keep the trolls out, and at least provide a lil sense of security that you are at least talking to a person that has been met by a member, and is truly a person. At the very least it gives you something to use as a possible defense you did everything you could to verify their identity. There is no way to be sure, on whats legal and illegal right this second, this is just another precaution. The way the law is written right now, I am nervous to give anything away much less get a donation for it, but if I was doing it anyways this would be a better alternative, than nothing. Does it make me feel safe enough to transfer? only if I'm the one buying, but I am paranoid like that, many people on this site do transfer with members here, and this is another tool they can use to help TRY and stay legal. Bill changes the law too often to actually BE legal so all we can do is try. jmo though.

I think this is more of an attempt to keep the trolls out, and at least provide a lil sense of security that you are at least talking to a person that has been met by a member, and is truly a person. At the very least it gives you something to use as a possible defense you did everything you could to verify their identity. There is no way to be sure, on whats legal and illegal right this second, this is just another precaution. The way the law is written right now, I am nervous to give anything away much less get a donation for it, but if I was doing it anyways this would be a better alternative, than nothing. Does it make me feel safe enough to transfer? only if I'm the one buying, but I am paranoid like that, many people on this site do transfer with members here, and this is another tool they can use to help TRY and stay legal. Bill changes the law too often to actually BE legal so all we can do is try. jmo though.

Thank you, this is a reasonable and rational reason to create the 'authorized identity' forum. I may never qualify, after a couple of weeks here this is only my second post, but I can see the need. Protection from LEO is going to be an issue until Federal and State laws change. I am sure if that it would be possible for any LEO to fake a MMJ card, or even 'register' just for the purpose of entrapping folks.

The real protection here is against trolls, and that alone is a great thing. A lot of us patients are pretty isolated, either by location or by temperament, and trying to hook up with someone to acquire or share meds with can be difficult. I know I would feel far more comfortable asking for a caregiver or a patient in some kind of protected forum.

Dang some of us (i am), a loner. So i guess i'll never get into the inner circle. We in the Northern part of the State, almost will never make it to Jacksons Farmers Market. 500 miles round trip, is just to much, for a couple of Oz's. Please do not reply:. go thru a Compassion Club. i know that, and have to find one thats freindly to Loners

keep in mind, the 100 post is a hurdle for SPAMMERs... If you, as a pt or CG, are on a personal level with someone that is ok'd to be in the private members area, the voucher of 2 other members is a bigger criteris over the post count.

so if you only have 1 post, but have 2 or more people that will vouch for you, i dont think there will be a problem with your accessing the private area. its more about others vouching for you than it is being a posting king/queen....

vip_lounge_logo.jpg

We have opened our VIP Lounge

This is a place for all our Specials Friends

that we Trust and that are a Asset to our Site ...

Patients and Caregivers .....

This is a Place where you will be Allowed to post

that you have Meds for Compensation or Looking

for Support ...

( Seeds , Plants , Medibles , Concentrates , etc. )

All dealings must be taken into Private Message ....

as far as Prices are concerned .

We want this to be a Special place for our

Friends to Fellowship w/ each other ....

Maybe get phone number in Private .....

This will Be Password Protected and Changed often ....

This is by Special Invite Only ....

Those that are in here have earn this Privilege ....

Must have 100 post in open forum

Plus be recommended by two other VIP Members ....

or one MMMA~Staff Member ....

There will be other guidelines added as we go ....

We just want to Be Safe and Always Protect each other ....

Please try to Use Common sense at All Times ....

This Forum will be Monitored Heavily ...

Contact Joe or i for Approval & Password :bighug:

sounds like a good new thing for the site

mc

well you all may think that it is a good thing for the vip people to have a place to feel "safe" but from the outside it looks 2 ways....1 like the vips are to good to share the same space as a newbie... and 2 that the vips have something to hide from the newer users of this site.If its ment to be a safe place to make offers for service that is legal why hide it from the general public? i just don't get it... Ive met a few people from this site and obtained clones from those people,whats to be scared about when u meet a patient for a trade ask for his ID and that all you should need to see,his Michigan state id and his med card...i feel like now theirs some back ally area where only the elite can trade with the elite.

sorry to vent but ive been excluded from things my hole life and it sucks to be looking in from the outside.

well you all may think that it is a good thing for the vip people to have a place to feel "safe" but from the outside it looks 2 ways....1 like the vips are to good to share the same space as a newbie... (as their is now, and will be an open area for this, but lets be real. open forum discussions on transfers are a touchy issue. especially in an Open arena for anyone to see) and 2 that the vips have something to hide from the newer users of this site. ( this would be 1/2 correct. we have NO Idea who any new member is. for all we know a new member could be a Leo in Patients clothing.....

Which IS the reason for the Season. what happens in the pvt area Stays in the pvt area. it is that simple)

If its ment to be a safe place to make offers for service that is legal why hide it from the general public? i just don't get it... Ive met a few people from this site and obtained clones from those people,whats to be scared about when u meet a patient for a trade ask for his ID and that all you should need to see,his Michigan state id and his med card...i feel like now theirs some back ally area where only the elite can trade with the elite.

sorry to vent but ive been excluded from things my hole life and it sucks to be looking in from the outside.

we can understand that general conception. I would like to ask you read this entire thread, you ll find looks are deceiving....... as for why it needs to be private, do you go around telling every one you see you have your medical cannabis card, and would like to "DEAL" with them? im sure you dont. that would be silly to put it lightly.

by the same contention, the VIP area is like a club of trusted Friends. No one gets in, unless they are brought in by Current Club members.....

hope that can help you understand what its all about....

many of us have been held to low standards simply for no other reason that our parent didnt live in the big house on the hill. your not alone in that feeling.

if you can make it to jackson, you can go to the farmers market on sat and/or sunday. we usualy have one of our Admin/Mods there. Find them and they can verify your card for you. be sure to have 2 additional pieces of id, just to verify the name on the card is actully you!...

you could also PM one of us mods, and we can try to help make arrangements for you to get authorized.. could meet up with us during the course of our weekly travels.

otherwise, it will be up to you, to get yourself known to be an authorized Pt or CG to a few members.

granted, its just starting and it ll be moving slow for afew, but as we add more members in, more members out, will know those in.

eventually can happen pretty soon if your in an area to meet up with one of us Mods/Admins.

but keep in mind, if we are meeting you for the first time, like anyone, we ll be a bit skeptical. Our main goal here is to ensure safety of all members. and we need to be double sure those getting access to the private area, are safe to allow in....

alright, i want to point something, out, if your unsure who your dealkng with, and you don't trust the card(leo fakes) then a DL wont help a bit, state makes them up for leo with out a blink of an eye. If you really want to know if the card goes to the person. ask for debit card or a credit card. I can assure you the banks wont give a leo a cc or a debit card in a fake name. FYI, or even there social security card. im not real sure on the ss card, but i know that the banks don't play with leo undercover. to the point of giving them cc/debit cards.

Hey, this is brilliant. Great thinking Willy!!! :goodjob:

Hey,Why not issue cards Here?You know the people and they get a card.It could be a Special business card or something like that and if the person is known to a few,it will grow and sooner or latter,we could all have a few new friends and keep the LEO's out.You would have to initial cards that you give to the people you know so everybody would be accountable.Just a thought! Hey wait a minute,sorry,I haven't got my 100 posts in yet.Been here readin since 09,but didn't have the _alls to speak up til I got my card.Still,typin with 1 finger its gonna take me awhile.

Hey,Why not issue cards Here?You know the people and they get a card.It could be a Special business card or something like that and if the person is known to a few,it will grow and sooner or latter,we could all have a few new friends and keep the LEO's out.You would have to initial cards that you give to the people you know so everybody would be accountable.Just a thought! Hey wait a minute,sorry,I haven't got my 100 posts in yet.Been here readin since 09,but didn't have the _alls to speak up til I got my card.Still,typin with 1 finger its gonna take me awhile.

again trick here would be faked cards. without some type of non mimicable holographic symble embeded into the laminant, a good printer and a lil software could make duplicates with ease. Love the fact we are all thinking of ways to improve our safety!

and for the umpteenth time, the 100 post are a simple guide line.... not a criminal law to be adhered to.

I honestly dont know what I think about this. Over the last two years I met and/or medicated with Peanutbutter, Digital Nomad (he was soundless then), MDanzig and his wife, , Ms. Chocolate, Joel and a host of others that I cant remember. I went to one of the Lansing marches and to the first Harvest fest. I go to the odd CC meeting included but not limited to MOCC Royal Oak and Roseville, a meeting at the library in Detroit, a meeting at a library in Birmingham, something down river -- I want to say South Gate but that doesnt seem right.

Ive been a member here since some time in 09, My son is Greenleaf. He used to be a top poster here and quite well known until he became so busy at his bail bond business that he rarely makes it to anything on line anymore unless he is skip tracing.

Point is with all of this I just dont think most of the folks that I have casually met remember me. Maybe face to face, maybe not.

Then the issue of activism. I have planned to go to many marches and such but have made it to few because of my illnesses. Some days are ok but now most days just suck. Hard to plan going to anything. I am sorry for the lack of support for the community. If someone needs something done behind the scenes Im your guy. I can compute. I am a willing volunteer just let me know what I can do and I will. Funny thing that jerk of an AG talks about all the folks at the marches dont look sick. That is because those that are sick cant make it all the time and so others are there carrying our signs. BB I hope that your move to disbar the sob works.

Then the thought that a 100 posts need to be posted ---- but that is not and iron clad rule. Er, well, I read mostly because what I would have said is mostly already said. Why repeat it over and over. Maybe I should just go ahead and repeat.

Does it bother me? Not really. I just think that there may be a great deal of relevant info I may miss because it is behind the shield. So my loss. But what does that matter in the greater scheme of things here?

have you sent one of the admins like Dr Tarzan a pm informing him you would like access?

im pretty sure PB is in the section already, so if you know him he can vouch for you, ofcourse Joe could also

but all one has to do is let us know they have 2 people in the area that will vouch for them. once your inside, you can be one of the 2 people to vouch for another, then another, and the private network grows with people members should be pretty assured of their validity of being a registrant, and are following all the laws, and not going to jeopardize their safety...

Archived