Your Nutrients

I think we agree - I do transplant. The clone starts in a dixie cup with the cube and some soil.

Then it moves to a 1 gallon pot, it stays in the one gallon pot for up to a month as it is being kept 'in stasis'. When I transfer that plant to a 10 gallon pot, the pot is not completely filled with dirt yet, maybe 5 - 7 gallons. It is now, that it will veg for 3 to 4 weeks.

Once the plant reaches a certain height (about 2 feet) - I put it into flower.

My grow has been consistent for the last 4 cycles, I get 5oz per plant that grows to about 5'/6' tall in the ten gallon pot. I cut down a plant every month, and put a vegged plant into flower - I just flower 3 plants at a time, veg 3- 4 plants, and have 3-4 clones just rooting.

gallery_15246_564_727387.jpg

gallery_15246_564_806357.jpg

I will post more pictures later, so others can judge my experience and progress.

DN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive tried hydrozyme...its not useful to me.I use synthetic/chemical nutrients..it did however have an effect when using it in dwc totes with the technaflora line.Ive used it with others without the same difference, also had a similar effect when using miracle grow soil....Ive tried it in sunshine mix and promix with no effect with the current line I use.I will be trying it on the next ebb and grow run... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1jrwdHjP20&feature=feedu this is a week or two ago..Id like to add that this vid is a precursor to another I have..I started pulling off leaving,moving plants around and tying them up because the wieght was to much without a cage...I normally use a tomatoe cage you can buy at home depot...I decided the try just the stakes hoping I would have more freedom in choosing where branches,buds etc went using a stake and plant tie...it didnt work out this way.

TO the TDN...I will challenge you to try with..your veg period..transplanting a few times rather than just once.Let the plant fill the dixie cup...then let it fill the 1 gal pot..then..well it problably wont fill the five to 7 gal pot you use, mainly cus its huge and you use it for flower too..but I would just a suggestion..try it once..before the five to seven..put it in a 3 gal..then a week or so before you want flower put it in the five to seven...let the roots fill the existing pot..before going to the last pot..most of the stuff youll google that says transplant once..is meant for a sog style grow with 2 weeks of veg or less.

i transplant one week before flower that way it has fresh soil to do its job, you dont need a big pot to get good yeids, just fresh soil, ph and humic acid, you can use a 10 gallon pot and the roots will still go to the bottom and sides, that is just the way they grow, as for roots get soil with a mycros in it,

what was the yield...based upon what i HAVE done..you got about a qp per plant or less..maybe a lil more....from the pics you posted...thats alot of veg time..Ive got the same from plants at 3-5 weeks veg..white widow x big bud being an example...although your pics are impressive..I wonder what those buds dried up too..

Your experience is lacking. 2 lb plants are entirely possible in this day and age. Those were vegged 35 days, or 5 weeks. I don't have a weight yet as I just chopped and am still drying. If its less than 4 oz I will be surprised.

theres more to what the plant does than just an N-P-K value..base nutes means the base upon wich your ppms/ec valued lie upon...the part of your nutrient feeeding program that at 1700 plus or 1.5 or above your nutrient solution will burn the plants...I believe you can add things to your ppm that will affect your overall ppm/ec but wont effect your overall point at wich point plants burn..etc etc..but will effect the ending outcome of your plants.

I don't really understand what you are saying here. I also have no idea where you are getting 1700 ppm from 1.5 ec.

181763d1160775312-printable-ec-ppm-cf-conversion-chart-ppm-ec-c.jpg

you did good tho..those plants look REALLY heatlthy...I would say at the very least you didnt flush early enough.theres to many turned hairs and not enough yellow leafs.

Pistils turning has absolutely nothing to do with flushing or nutrient levels and everything to do with plant maturity. In the same room with plants being fed the same nutes, some pistils starting turning at 40 days, some didn't start until 60. Flushing is another discussion that I don't want to get into here, but they are as I wanted them.

I do not think my exp is lacking..a 2lb plant..yah its possible..alot of veg and a screen.(just now experimenting with netting)it would be far faster and easiear to run multiple plants under a light to geth that yeild..thats still less a gram per watt...I hope you dont think your getting 2lbs from that.like I said..qp..maybe a lil more, maybe a lil less.within that range.the ppm/ec thing was just an example..ppm/ec really doesnt mean to much..it just lets you know how much "stuff" is in your water.I dont think you could run those nutes and only those in the water at really high ppms without burning your plant, now If you were to dial them back and put some additives that are not your base nutrients and run at same ppms, you likely would not burn your plants..etc etc etc..point being imo ppm is pointless.....some pistils do turn..but not all of them.that is a sign of plant maturity..meaning that it is FINISHING..its an annual plant..which is why I said leaves should be yellow..Im not asking for what you do..Im asking for info on nutrients..not how you grow.

I use the entire technaflora line, but it looks like you have already used that one. Nice yields, great flavor, clean smoke.

With pot size, I always went with the adage 1gal of soil for each month of plant life. So if by the time you harvest your plant has been alive for 4 months, then you would only need a 4 gal pot. I go from rockwool to 1 gal, to 4 gal pots. They are never rootbound and always happy.

I use the entire technaflora line, but it looks like you have already used that one. Nice yields, great flavor, clean smoke.

With pot size, I always went with the adage 1gal of soil for each month of plant life. So if by the time you harvest your plant has been alive for 4 months, then you would only need a 4 gal pot. I go from rockwool to 1 gal, to 4 gal pots. They are never rootbound and always happy.

That the same thing I do with my pot size.I wasnt super happy with how the technaflora line performed but I did keep a few products from them in my line up,The thrive aliveb1 in particular. @avgjoe Im looking into using the house and garden line, Im trying to get them to give me samples of thier products right now, Ive heard the reults are comparable to Adv Nutes or better.

me i use schultz plant food 10/15/10 during veg every other feed and cal-mag during bud i use crystal burst 0/16/16 and cal-mag, and two times in bud i will mix the plant food crystal burst and cal-mag, on the fifth week i use beastie bloom and cal-mag, going to try beastie bloom and crystal burst and cal mag this time

been using Dyna Gro Foliage Pro (9-3-6) for veg, start at 1/4 tsp for a few weeks, then 1/2 when they are about 8 to 10 inches tall. then they trans up to a 1gal and get 1tsp each feeding in veg. just prior to going into bloom, about 2/3 ft, they move to a 3/4gal pot. im working in a small area, but have a 8ft ceiling, so i can go for a bit of height.

like DM i run a semi perpetual. i run 1 to 2 plants a month, but have only been at it since late March/early April. so im still tweeking things for my small area. but this is my first ever attempt. did alot of research and wanted setit and forget it, so Dyna Gro fit my needs, and more importantly the plants needs.

in bloom i use DG Bloom (3-12-6) till a week or so before im gonna harvest.

my first 2 girls yielded just over 5 oz total.

also they get a 1/2 to 1 tsp of Protect (0-0-3) once a week in a watering.

I started reading/researching around sept oct of 2010, and didnt start growing till after I was a registered Pt with the MMP in March.

since then ive had a few ups n downs, but im still learning, and feel im doing pretty good atm.

been using Dyna Gro Foliage Pro (9-3-6) for veg, start at 1/4 tsp for a few weeks, then 1/2 when they are about 8 to 10 inches tall. then they trans up to a 1gal and get 1tsp each feeding in veg. just prior to going into bloom, about 2/3 ft, they move to a 3/4gal pot. im working in a small area, but have a 8ft ceiling, so i can go for a bit of height.

like DM i run a semi perpetual. i run 1 to 2 plants a month, but have only been at it since late March/early April. so im still tweeking things for my small area. but this is my first ever attempt. did alot of research and wanted setit and forget it, so Dyna Gro fit my needs, and more importantly the plants needs.

in bloom i use DG Bloom (3-12-6) till a week or so before im gonna harvest.

my first 2 girls yielded just over 5 oz total.

also they get a 1/2 to 1 tsp of Protect (0-0-3) once a week in a watering.

I started reading/researching around sept oct of 2010, and didnt start growing till after I was a registered Pt with the MMP in March.

since then ive had a few ups n downs, but im still learning, and feel im doing pretty good atm.

Sounds like your doing good to me.Ive never used dyna grow products, I contemplated it a while back but decided to try the fox farm line instead.I think next down the road is the house and garden line, Im trying to get samples because they can get pretty expensive to try more than a few products.Srry to anyone if I came off as a bit of an donkey.Im not here to tell anyone how to grow, just exchange exp.Has anyone tried Voodoo Juice or great white?

Have you noticed any differences using the crystal burst?thats not priced to bad and i like the npk ratio..when are you supposed to use it?

seen some inprovement as nods stay close togerther and you use it when you frist see you sex of plant this is my 2nd grow right now been over 20+ years for me learning all over aging my frist grow i used MG soil lol it wipe out my crop but one as i replanted it to better soil i have a small grow area 2x4 but that works for me untill i buy a bigger house and after the frist of the year i will breed plants i dont mind seeds in my meds

Im currently using root 66, Ive seen some difference in the plants and root balls at transplant but nothing like is being reported using voodoo juice..but well that chit is EXPENSIVE...anyone one on the great white?..my entire line is this Sensi grow a&b, root 66,thrive alive b1,snow storm ultra during veg, with super thrive and no shock at transplants, then sensi bloom a&b,bud candy,carboload,big bud,b52,thrive aliveb1,overdrive,Ff beastie bloomz,Snowstorm Ultra,gravity and clearex or final phase once a few hours to a day before flush.(not not all of these are used at the same time)

I was using root 66 before and you are right it is expensive. I changed to roots excelurator from H&G. The small bottle is pricey but it's concentrated and you use much less. In the long run it works at least as good as root66 and cost much less.

I found the same to be true with hygrozyme. I was able to get the same results using MultiZen from H&G. Same issue it's more concentrated and based on usage it costs much less.

I've used the entire technaflora line before and had nothing but problems. Either the plants burned or were deficient. Eventually I just changed.

I was refering to voodoo juice being expensive,the root66 I dont think is priced to bad per bottle, except I do go thru it pretty fast.I forgot to add botanicares liquid karma to the things I use.Ive seen a nice difference in veg plants with it,stalks were thicker and leaves looked healthier, growth was better too.This is my first run using it in flower.Ive heard the H&G roots excel was good, still waiting on a H&G rep to email me back, I think Ill start calling tomorrow and if it turns out they wont give me some samples, I guess I will start trying products one at a time as I need them.

So ive been reading some journals and product links, it appears you only use voodoo juice the first two weeks of flower, seeing as I really dont have any root boosting products beside snowstorm Im gona try it out on the next cycle.If only used for 2 weeks at 2ml per liter, a 1 liter bottle should last a few grows wich I think off sets the 100 dollars it costs...maybe.lol also it allows me to keep my existing feed schedule for veg the same.still would like to know about great white tho?anyone

Ive only ever heard of a few succes stories with Ionic line, most say it is weak and wrong for marijuanna plants.From my collective knowledge from forums and friends House and garden,advanced nutrients,and General Hydroponics are the top dogs.Ive used gh,technaflora,fox farms,advanced nutrients and bcuz, so far advanced has won out..as far as base nutrients.

Archived