Outdoor Strains That Finish By Sept 15Th

BudKnowledge

Although I am new to this site and many sites on the web, I have been growing for many years (outdoors and in)and up until recently, everything I have grown has been strains that I have developed myself from both unknown and known genetics. None of them can be found today, mostly because the best ones were of unknown genetics. There was a period of time about 4 years ago where I had not cultivated anything for about 5 years due to the circumstances I was in at the time. Subsequently, I lost all of the seeds and genetics I had. It has only been recently that I have been trying some pure genetics and seeds from other well known breeders.

In the past I have never had any problems having the strains I have developed, be ready for harvest any later the 3rd week of Sept. here in MI. NONE of the strains were of any autoflowering type as they did not exist when I developed/obtained them. I have had a few strains that were ready by Sept 1st.

In the past few years I have tried some strains that were advertised to finish by early to mid Sept. and none of them have finished before Oct. 1st. I know that there has to be some strains that are NOT auto's that will finish by early Sept. as I have grown them before and I have seen other strains that I have not tried, say that they would finish by then.

To avoid buying some more seeds, that are advertised by the vender I purchased them from to be done early, I would like to get some personal experiences from people that have actually grown a certain known strain that can be purchased by anybody, that were finished no later then Sept 15th here in MI. I am aware of every autoflowering variety that is on the web and I DO NOT want an autoflowering strain. I am looking for a strain that can be cloned and placed outside without it flowering immediately. Something that can be planted in May and be done no later then Sept 15th. Again I have done all the research one could find on the internet, so please only post a strain, that can be purchased by anybody, that you have personally grown outdoors, in MI or somewhere close to 42* latitude that was finished by Sept 15th. Thanks

Although I am new to this site and many sites on the web, I have been growing for many years (outdoors and in)and up until recently, everything I have grown has been strains that I have developed myself from both unknown and known genetics. None of them can be found today, mostly because the best ones were of unknown genetics. There was a period of time about 4 years ago where I had not cultivated anything for about 5 years due to the circumstances I was in at the time. Subsequently, I lost all of the seeds and genetics I had. It has only been recently that I have been trying some pure genetics and seeds from other well known breeders.

In the past I have never had any problems having the strains I have developed, be ready for harvest any later the 3rd week of Sept. here in MI. NONE of the strains were of any autoflowering type as they did not exist when I developed/obtained them. I have had a few strains that were ready by Sept 1st.

In the past few years I have tried some strains that were advertised to finish by early to mid Sept. and none of them have finished before Oct. 1st. I know that there has to be some strains that are NOT auto's that will finish by early Sept. as I have grown them before and I have seen other strains that I have not tried, say that they would finish by then.

To avoid buying some more seeds, that are advertised by the vender I purchased them from to be done early, I would like to get some personal experiences from people that have actually grown a certain known strain that can be purchased by anybody, that were finished no later then Sept 15th here in MI. I am aware of every autoflowering variety that is on the web and I DO NOT want an autoflowering strain. I am looking for a strain that can be cloned and placed outside without it flowering immediately. Something that can be planted in May and be done no later then Sept 15th. Again I have done all the research one could find on the internet, so please only post a strain, that can be purchased by anybody, that you have personally grown outdoors, in MI or somewhere close to 42* latitude that was finished by Sept 15th. Thanks

I would check out http://www.rcmcollective.ca/

That is a seedbank for mostly Canadian breeders and is imo the best source for early season genetics.

They have a forum http://unleashdagreen.net/forums/forum.php

If you want stuff that is going to be true and fully done by sept 15th, this is where to go. The strains I have grown from there are no longer available, but all of their stuff is legit and geared towards outdoor northern growers who need early finishers.

This year Lemon Cake outdoors was finished by Sept 11th. But sorry bud, it is clone only (altho I do have seeds I will begin distributing 2012). If you don't plant it in the ground itself, you will do best with full drums of 55 gallons of over-wintered horse manure set 11 feet apart. One helpful aspect of Lemon Cake is that you can harvest it all when each flower has just one dark pistil hair (usually day 47) all the way out to day 71. Bud weight will not increase during that 24 day span, but the potency will rise from 19thc to 25-27thc. (But never more than .4 cbd).

hread.

Your other option is to create a tent to simulate the dark cycle earlier in the year. This technique is used by outdoor growers mainly to allow 2 harvest during the summer. A tent is created over the plants to start the 12 hour cycle before daylight is actually in the fall cycle.

I think the recent High Times issue did an article on it, it is no different from operating a greenhouse.

Fall in michigan seems to suck anyways, less sunny days, too much rain, and a few nights near 38 degrees. Outdoor growers in michigan do not have the same 'indian summers', dry falls like the west coast does. Here it is dark and wet, bad for the last few weeks of flower.

DN

Thanks for the info, but I would like to keep it limited to strains that people have personal experience with, as I have already read about all the "supposed" strains. I have also purchased some of these "supposed" strains and they were not as advertised.

Petyr, you stated that they no longer have any of the strains you grew, do you know what the exact breeders name that you purchased from, since they have many? Can you tell me how accurate that breeders harvest estimate times were for the strains you did grow?

pic book, can you please provide more info on who the breeder of this Lemon Cake strain is and exactly when it will be available(for next years season?)?

Zero, what is garden green?

Thanks for the info, but I would like to keep it limited to strains that people have personal experience with, as I have already read about all the "supposed" strains. I have also purchased some of these "supposed" strains and they were not as advertised.

Petyr, you stated that they no longer have any of the strains you grew, do you know what the exact breeders name that you purchased from, since they have many? Can you tell me how accurate that breeders harvest estimate times were for the strains you did grow?

pic book, can you please provide more info on who the breeder of this Lemon Cake strain is and exactly when it will be available(for next years season?)?

The main one I grew was Manitoba Medicine by Greens, who is now retired. It was Freezeland and Guerilla Gold mixed. The dates at RCMC are more accurate than any other place. Plus, most of the breeders are actually a little north of us, so they may finish a bit sooner. The Manitoba Medicine finished Sept 5th for me at 45 N.

Of what is available now, I would check out the Freezeland BX from the private breeder, any of Smoke a Lot Seed Company's outdoor strains, and some Herijuana from Da Bean Co.

I just want to reiterate that you can actually trust the harvest dates of these breeders. I too have tried the garbage early Dutch genetics like Early Misty and got burnt. I've grown Texada Timewarp and Early Skunk and some others from the bigger Canadian breeders, and the only ones that finished for me before bow hunting were from the RCMC.

Upper Peninsula due to better moisture this summer. The moist, fertile soils of the Garden Peninsula make it a prime spot for growing marijuana GARDEN PENINSULA-- garden green

I have a relative in Gladstone and it is quite nice up there,actually the summer weather is more temperate for growing then the lower peninsula,especially for early strains.

If you can find Friesland Indica anywhere,that would be a strain to grow.When I had her she finished around mid sept. and was a giant plant.Just be cautious because with early finishing strains,there will be some trade off as far as potency is concerned.There's not a lot of strains that finish that early and are of medicinal value,but they are out there.

Edited by avgjoe

I have a relative in Gladstone and it is quite nice up there,actually the summer weather is more temperate for growing then the lower peninsula,especially for early strains.

If you can find Friesland Indica anywhere,that would be a strain to grow.When I had her she finished around mid sept. and was a giant plant.Just be cautious because with early finishing strains,there will be some trade off as far as potency is concerned.There's not a lot of strains that finish that early and are of medicinal value,but they are out there.

yes it is nice up here but for work you are better moven from this area

The main one I grew was Manitoba Medicine by Greens, who is now retired. It was Freezeland and Guerilla Gold mixed. The dates at RCMC are more accurate than any other place. Plus, most of the breeders are actually a little north of us, so they may finish a bit sooner. The Manitoba Medicine finished Sept 5th for me at 45 N.

Of what is available now, I would check out the Freezeland BX from the private breeder, any of Smoke a Lot Seed Company's outdoor strains, and some Herijuana from Da Bean Co.

I just want to reiterate that you can actually trust the harvest dates of these breeders. I too have tried the garbage early Dutch genetics like Early Misty and got burnt. I've grown Texada Timewarp and Early Skunk and some others from the bigger Canadian breeders, and the only ones that finished for me before bow hunting were from the RCMC.

Thanks, it sounds like the RCMC is a good place to chack out. When did you harvest the Texada Timewarp and Early Skunk, where did you get the seeds and how did they smoke?

Durban Poison. It will start budding in June. So you can get two full crops in one summer.

OK here is an example of inaccurate descriptions. I looked up Durban Poison and I found it at a site that I have ordered seeds from, that I thought had VERY inaccurate descriptions; www.marijuana-seeds.nl. On this site it says it isn't ready until late October, yet your experience has been that it flowers in June. I have grown three strains from here, all of which said they would be done by mid Sept. and the earliest they were done is the first week of Oct.

If they started flowering in June, when were they harvested? How was the smoke?

i have just finished an Early Pearl. If i recall correctly my seed stashing ability.

i took a couple seeds from some EP i got back in the 90s. so this would be an early run of the EP just after its initial release. its pretty good. and did seem to finish up pretty quick.

i have another cut or 2 in my veg and one should be rolling into bloom in a few weeks to a month.

but overall it was of good med high quality.

i ll pay more attention to actual bud time when i bloom out the next cut.

Thanks, it sounds like the RCMC is a good place to chack out. When did you harvest the Texada Timewarp and Early Skunk, where did you get the seeds and how did they smoke?

I got the regular Texada Timewarp and the Timewarp IBL from Next Generation Seed Company. The IBL finished around Oct 1st, the regular was around Oct 15th. I don't recall where the early skunk was from but it was done around Oct 10th. The Timewarp was a better smoke of the 2, but I wasn't that impressed with either.

My Blueberry went in the ground on May 10th and finished on September 20th. And those at the Market the first week of October took all I had and came back lookin for more. I love the strain and its consistant 47-49 day finishes. It has gobs of flavor and a heavy happy stone! Ive had it quite a few years now and it will remain in my garden as long as i live! Thanks, Medcnman.

OK here is an example of inaccurate descriptions. I looked up Durban Poison and I found it at a site that I have ordered seeds from, that I thought had VERY inaccurate descriptions; www.marijuana-seeds.nl. On this site it says it isn't ready until late October, yet your experience has been that it flowers in June. I have grown three strains from here, all of which said they would be done by mid Sept. and the earliest they were done is the first week of Oct.

If they started flowering in June, when were they harvested? How was the smoke?

I was really surprised by this strain. I put some clones in a window at the end of May and within two weeks they were already budding. I was mad about it because I expected more vegetative growth. They were only six inches tall. So that was a loss for me. I had to start over and grow them indoors until they were a foot tall and only then put them out in the greenhouse. They would start flowering almost immediately. I've only grown perhaps a dozen strains, but I've never seen one grow like Durban Poison.

The seed came from Dutch Passion. This is their write up:

"The flowering period is quite short a sativa. Planted in April, Dutch Passion Durban Poison Feminized is completely ready in the first week of September. If you like Thai aroma, you'll fully enjoy the Asian odor coming from this marijuana beauty during the whole veg period. The taste is described differently - either sweet liquorice or sweet aniseed; and the effect is the same - fast hitting."

The smell is unique. Again nothing like it that I've experienced. This was my first greenhouse grow and I totally messed it up by not having enough air flow. Mold ruined most of plants. However the buds that did make it to harvest were large and powerful. Another unique property of the strain is that, for a pure sativa, it's effects can be indica in nature. There is some couchlock/lethargy involved. I decided to stop growing it because I found it's fast growth unmanageable. If you keep a mother plant, it will grow huge and provide an endless supply of clones. Clones rooted faster than every other strain I was growing as well.

• 5 years later...