Has Medical Marijuana Peaked?

bobandtorey

I can understand why certain people would be bitter about the efficacy of cards! Let's face it: the State is falling back on Federal law. That means Federal laws are de facto medical marijuana laws. Governments around the state cite federal law as justification for banning medical grows, clubs and dispensaries. Michigan Medical Marijuana deserves a special home on the web, but its big brother Legalization can come and chill once in a while. They are tight, you know?

The feds say very often they are not going after patients or their doctors. They let patients go often after seeing their cards. They are definitely after dispensaries though. It might be a good thing for patients to see this distinction also.

These are separate issues in the feds eyes;

1. Medical Patients and their rights.

2. Recreational and legalization.

3. Dispensaries, cannabis stores.

But it all predicates on Federal scheduling so it's a moot point. Federal law informs State law. Do you think all the states would have made such harsh penalties on their own if the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act hadn't gone through? I suspect if Federal laws fell the states would not be far behind. That would do more than "benefit patients" - it would revolutionize medicine. Each man and woman a master of their own health.

I'm more of the school to watch what is going on and make informed decisions based on that. For that to work you have to keep things simple, reduced to their smallest denominator, what the feds are actually doing. That way you can base the fear factor on the reality of your situation, based on specific action made, and your specific risks.

One thing they are doing is keeping Cannabis as a Schedule I drug which we all know is bullshiit. That is what it is all based on, is it not? Therefore the very need for Medical Marijuana laws is a symptom of that situation. Take away the bogus scheduling and the whole thing unravels. How's that for efficiency?

Where is 'all this' legalization talk and who would be offended by it? One or two threads that get buried pretty quick? I'd like to hear of a single patient besides DN that has been offended.

The mmm.org has been called a party site by LEO, patients talk about the site when I meet face to face. The site has been called, 'empty', 'out of control', and people bully each other here.

It has nothing to do with being offended, society does a good job of offending my sensibilities everyday. This was a job that I accepted to help the site build its content.

Why does it seem - some people act like the MMM.org is the only site on the internet today. If it seems like I was trying to dictate things here, what are you doing? Do you really have the mmm.org to heart? Or is this just an ego thing?

Maybe we should ask members to pay for the domain, the ISP, the server, and the staff - Did you consider who pays for all this? Did you read the rules/guidelines set by that payee?

Again, no one was asked to leave, they were asked to cooperate. Thanks!

DN

Take a poll ask the members what they want. How about that, I am willing to bet the numbers for ppl wanting legalization talk are real low. No offense DN, but you seem to want to do alot of censoring. And the few in this thread, and the other one or 2 complaining aren't the only ones. Look to add to the site not take away, I have seen you argue this up and down with TONS of ppl here let it go please, whether in your eyes it is or isn't, you are attacking ppls values as they see them, and you make it seem like if ppl don't see things your way leave. Let it go or find another way to approach it, this way makes ppl angy obviously

Take a poll ask the members what they want. How about that, I am willing to bet the numbers for ppl wanting legalization talk are real low. No offense DN, but you seem to want to do alot of censoring. And the few in this thread, and the other one or 2 complaining aren't the only ones. Look to add to the site not take away, I have seen you argue this up and down with TONS of ppl here let it go please, whether in your eyes it is or isn't, you are attacking ppls values as they see them, and you make it seem like if ppl don't see things your way leave. Let it go or find another way to approach it, this way makes ppl angy obviously

I cannot effect how people will chose to react.

What did I ask? People do need to be aware of values. The site will take on those values, if you all would understand that the site had a vision, a purpose. It was not for one person, or even any of us reading this today - this site was meant to preserve history of michigan's medical marijuana movement, this site's original vision was about patient and caregiver's. Every topic that get buried in political games, mind screws, side tracks and back talk - is a wasted topic - it is an insult to the original poster, and of no use for a site trying to build useful content - free of games, drama, and political infighting.

I am not sure where you can say I 'argue' and others are just expressing values? Do I not have values? Have I not demonstrated my values? Can this site have value as a medical marijuana site - it depends on all our values don't it?

Now, I stop here - I think I have expressed my reason, intentions, and values, and I have gotten support and dislike from being myself, working with the site's rules/guidelines in mind.

You can now discuss this among yourself, maybe find your values.

DN

Archived