Man Tests Tsa Policy Allowing Patients To Fly With With Medical Marijuana

I say it still depends, at the least they could have cause to seize it, as they would money that was not reported. So, at the least you could stand to lose your meds.

I am sure they will flag your TSA flier account - and perhaps everytime now, they will check you for marijuana. They can track how many times you fly from CA to Mi, and decide if you are just a medical patient, or someone trafficking in marijuana using a MM card to transport. If they suspect you are trafficking, you will be reported to another federal agency - the DEA.

DN

SFO Airport is in the news on allowing people to fly out and not informing the destination airport. I believe Boulder is the same way.

Here's the deal, if Homeland Security or the TSA pops you before getting on the plane and you aren't a terrorist, they turn you over to the local LEO. Local LEO will have to follow state laws. And let you on your way with your meds. It could be a viscious circle, but eventually someone will let you pass. Either that or they will label you a terrorist because of the multiple attempts...

And seriously, if you are buying a round trip ticket to CA from MI, non-stop and pick up 2-4 oz, you are a really bad trafficker.. Transpo costs almost as much as the meds are worth... Add in your time, and you would do a LOT better growing it here.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? You think that since FedEx isn't ran by the federal government its ok to mail yourself marijuana? Wow. You could get charged with shipping it to the location, as well as recieving it on the same package, thats two federal felonies like that. There is NO WHERE in any law that is even close to saying you may mail your medication through any delivery system. Please people DO NOT listen to what he is saying, if you start packing up your marijuana to mail it to your destination you're going to get yourself in A LOT more trouble then if you walk into the airport all legal, let them see it, if they have any questions answer them and be on your way, don't put yourself at risk for prison time when it is not necessary.

I never said that this is the way you should get your meds from one location to another. I said it was my preferred method. Maybe i will give it a shot at TSA next time but when i called metro, they flatout told me "NO". there fore i had to find an alternate method. I chose fed-ex. I use Smelly-Proof bags and pine cones. I never send anymore than im gonna need and its never more than 2 grams. Yes I know this is still Illegal. Im not that naieve. But this method has worked just fine for me in the past. Even prior to the laws. Now that it is more prevalent in society, and i see that other people are being allowed to transfer from med state to med state, i will give the open meds on the conveyor a try. Thats why this site is here. For information that i havent gotten till today. You dont need to flip your noodle and say that im insane for doing what I did. It could have easily been put differently. Such as the first mention of it. And if you had read all the way to the bottom you will see where i stated it isnt any more legal than flying with it. And i said it wasnt legal to fly with it because i contacted the TSA at Metro and they told me "NO". Now I'm learning this new info today. Thanks, Medcnman.

I'm aware that you stated it wasn't legal. I read the whole post. I was just flabergasted that you would even post this on a public site, and pass it off as its decent advice for patients who are curious. I'm not going to bicker with you theres no point in it I apologize if I hurt your feelings with my reaction to your actions but I don't agree thats a good way to get your meds to where you're going. As for the question of non med states being layovers and destinations, I'm not sure about that. I've done it one time and it was when I was going to visit friends in Cali and had some extra I got from them while I was out there coming direct to DTW but I'm not sure if you're laid over, it seems to me that would be an issue if you do get seen with it when you land and the tsa turns you over to local leo who doesn't have mj I'm not too confident that would end well, but you could get the understanding leo who lets you on your way you never know with that

I have a friend that is an ex-sheriff canine officer, his dogs were drug and tracking dogs, acording to him it is impossible to have a bomb dog and drug dog in the same. The training for them is totally different and it would totally confuse the dog. Drug and tracking dog, bomb and tracking dog is how they are trained. Hope this helps, I would think in this day age most dogs being used at the airports are bomb sniffing dogs, can't say they all are but I'm sure more bomb dogs are being used than drug dogs.

D

you are right.

DN

[DN-I merged the TSA threads together as one, and re opened the thread for continued information sharing-Timmahh]

8oz might be legal in CA, but if you are a patient that can only possess 2.5 - when you arrive in michigan - it could be a problem. IMO - have your weights comply with your designation laws. Then whats a trip to Ca cost? Hotel? So you paid almost $1,000 more to get your meds - and you did not help any growers in michigan.

DN

Archived