Locking Threads

Medcnman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you get that?

That, I believe, if I'm correct comes from ex-mods on other sites confirming that PMs on this site had been read by 3rd parties without knowledge/consent of the original sender or receiver. I think people are very afraid of compromised security here. Especially if an ex-mod or admin or whatever was the reason for the site crashing.

when people report a thread, it sends the context of that report to us mods.

if it was a Pm, then its likely the reporter will forward any msgs they felt were attacking them, so its not unlikely we would be privvy to some PMs. but as far as we invading pms, we dont.....

but if someone reports a pm, we ll obviously see those pms.

That is a lie. Why would you believe them? They are operating a site dedicated to one person not to the preservation of rights. To go to the reliability of th source those same people wanted to ban Dr. Bob and change his handle because they were in love with the doctors wife. Why would you believe someone that would trade a chance at sex for the rights of a member? Thanks, bb

Whoa there big fella, I never indicated a leaning as to what I believe. I simply stated that I think that is where the PM security issue comes from.

As for you and I--I've never had a run-in with you at all, nor a disagreement. In fact this may be the first time I've posted in the same thread as you. I pretty much just read here.

To be clear mods and admins don't read PMs - there are too many, and we are too busy. People that are attacked in PM send the mod a copy, we can confirm that the PM is legitimate. Mods keep in private disciplinary actions - so that is why some people think that a thread debate got people banned,- no, it was emails, PMs where people continued a debate in such a hostile manner as calling names, threatening to rat them out, etc.

PMs are private unless you share them with us.

DN

SOS

blah blah blah

"no locked threads"

"No censorship"

BS

People on this site have proven under numerous ID"s that they cant be allowed to do whatever they want

Thank you to all the mods and staff for keeping this place under control and medical

I

that statement is absolutely not true, no use getting new patients and CGs upset.

Agree- show us a link that made this person think this. I am sure we can decipher it.

DN

I think the mods are getting a little out of control. In this instance, the Mod himself asked for more information, then locked the thread so no more information could be added. This is a forum, not a WIKI. If this was a Wiki, then I can see narrowly defining topics and making sure all comments/words are specific to the topic. But this is a discussion forum, and sometimes discussions move from one thing to another.

Just my opinion, but locking a thread immediately after asking for more information seems a little heavy handed. Just MHO...

Cedar

actually,i posted my last reply after the thread was already locked.

bare with us a bit more Cedar. we have everyone on the same page pretty much, just a lil fine tuning to get done.

have faith the worst of all of it is far behind us, though it may not currently appear that way....

lil patients and it ll be smooth rolling.

Agreed! I have seen this on more than one thread.

I understand the idea that when the conversation is way off topic it might be better to start a new thread. If that is the case, why not just suggest that the posters create a new thread, or even create the new thread and post a link directing people to that new thread. For example the "Fruitport local ordinance" thread that was locked drifted off into the questions related to "how secure is my card holder status the local code enforcers". It would have been more appropriate to create a thread on privacy than lock the Fruitport thread.

yes. working the IPB mod tools is a lil misleading. you have to pay attention to the tools, or one could nuke something without realizing it.

As we mentioned in the other thread (which i will be merging this one with shortly as they are the same topic), we are working on getting everything in order. still have a hic-up here n there to get sorted.

lol..theres so much bickering on this site...its ridiculous ..everyone has there own opinions.For instance..imo a thread should only be locked for reasons of fighting or disrespectful posting..and even then if only a few are causing it the mods should just delete there postings and let the discussion continue...please dont mistake a difference of opinion between two people to be disrespectful..its I believe called a "debate"..All of us play our own roles in the fight.Patients and caregivers take the biggest risks...Get over it..this is just a forum, a website..its not a holy grail or the road to freedom.why the hell is there so much hostility between people on this site?medical marijuanna for me..is just one step closer to the ultimate goal...If someone wont post something because there afraid of how people will respond to it..they got no business posting.imo

yes. working the IPB mod tools is a lil misleading. you have to pay attention to the tools, or one could nuke something without realizing it.

As we mentioned in the other thread (which i will be merging this one with shortly as they are the same topic), we are working on getting everything in order. still have a hic-up here n there to get sorted.

Oops, sorry I had looked for the previous thread, but then assumed it would be locked if I found it anyway :o

Tarzan, you appreciate most people's feelings? This is a community driven site, can't drive away the community. I know there are a lot of changes going on here, I was more just pointing out that a Mod asked for more information, then locked the thread, it seemed ridiculous to me, almost laugh out loud...

Just one more thought and them im done. Again. When i read a topic and see what could be useful information that another member posted, i click on that members name and take a quick look at their profile. I look at when they joined, how many posts have they made, and what is their member status. Now, assuming that most trolls have already been spotted prior to my arrival, i feel that with the information i find on the posters profile will give me a fair indication of how valid their post may be. If a new name pops up in a post, i take it upon myself to check them out real quick. With as many topics that I see Mods posting in, couldnt they take a quick second to look at a profile? And then maybe give a heads up? It takes only seconds to check a profile. I really hope that this can be resolved. Mr. DN, please dont take any of this personal. I have never met you therefore i cannot judge you. I have supported your posts many times in the past and hope to do so in the future. I did however disagree with your recent actions. I would like to put this to rest and move forward in a positive direction in our effort to reach the same goal. Your friend in the community, Medcnman.

Oops, sorry I had looked for the previous thread, but then assumed it would be locked if I found it anyway :o

Tarzan, you appreciate most people's feelings? This is a community driven site, can't drive away the community. I know there are a lot of changes going on here, I was more just pointing out that a Mod asked for more information, then locked the thread, it seemed ridiculous to me, almost laugh out loud...

as i noted above, the thread was locked, but it appears i was typing my reply just prior to the thread being locked by another mod.

so when he locked it, he was unaware i was posting in it....

which is why it appears that way. i then unlocked the post a bit later to allow for the reply, which is what DN and I had both anticipated....

MM i commend you for your efforts in screening the membership :goodjob: now times what you do by several hundred posts a day as well adding 50 or so ip checks, checking for duplicate accounts, endless hours on chat troubleshooting issues or detailing the days plans, reading ALL POSTS made in every forum every day and then do troll patrol between all of this. now times it by 7 days a week and then you have what we do as mods. we have 25,000 members and only 7 mods and 2 admin to cover the whole site, the membership needs to realize that this is not a glamorous job, we make more enemies then friends doing this and we do it for free, its nothing personal, its for the saftey and security of the membership. we have rules and members need to adhere to them, it is a tough choice when a mod has to dish out disciplinary actions on a well known member, again its not personal, its business. we hate doing it but necessary actions need to be taken at times to secure our saftey and peace. we love every member here excluding no one, we are all tied together by the same bond so we all need to work together as a team at keeping our house tidy, yes this is your house so when someone takes a dump on it it should make you upset with them not the mmma staff for enforcing the rules on them, we all need to take responsability as members to keep this site safe, clean, informative, on topic and fun, and if we dont we will be no different then any random mmj site on the net. we are the number one mmj site on the net and we choose to remain number one, we have the membership to do it now all we need is teamwork to acomplish this goal, it is every members responsibility to know and adhere to the MMMA rules of conduct and to be roll models of these rules to the new members as they come aboard and steer them on the right path. working together we can all accomplish the goals we come here to achieve.

Q.

Thank you Q for the explanation and all that you do. I look forward to meeting you. Medcnman.

Archived