Cannabis Infused Wine

Cannabis Infused Wine

Wines infused with medicinal herbs have been used from ancient China up until modern times.

Elderberry wine infused with herbs was used as a medicine by the ancient Egyptians.

Wine provides the solvents (alcohol and water) needed to dissolve the active ingredients in most herbs.

It not only preserves the medicinal qualities of the herbs, it also makes taking your medicine a little more palatable

Here's my recipe for

Cannabis Infused Wine

Ingredients:

a one quart glass jar

1 cup of dried Cannabis

1 bottle of a good quality wine

Method:

1. Place Cannabis in a 1 quart glass jar.

2. Pour in wine. (sweet, high alcohol wines seem to work best)

3. Close tightly and shake well.

4. Store in a cool, dark place.

5. Shake well every day for 2 weeks.

6. Strain wine, transfer to a bottle, and serve.

Cannabis Infused Wine

Wines infused with medicinal herbs have been used from ancient China up until modern times.

Elderberry wine infused with herbs was used as a medicine by the ancient Egyptians.

Wine provides the solvents (alcohol and water) needed to dissolve the active ingredients in most herbs.

It not only preserves the medicinal qualities of the herbs, it also makes taking your medicine a little more palatable

Here's my recipe for

Cannabis Infused Wine

Ingredients:

a one quart glass jar

1 cup of dried Cannabis

1 bottle of a good quality wine

Method:

1. Place Cannabis in a 1 quart glass jar.

2. Pour in wine. (sweet, high alcohol wines seem to work best)

3. Close tightly and shake well.

4. Store in a cool, dark place.

5. Shake well every day for 2 weeks.

6. Strain wine, transfer to a bottle, and serve.

I am not a drinker of any alcohol my self, BUT..... my wife on the other hand enjoys a glass of wine every night before bed. BUT...... She doesnt like to taste the meds!! My question is, is there a prevelant flavor of marijuana in the wine? And in an average glass of wine, what would be the dosage? 1g, 2g...? She doesnt sleep well so this may be just what she needs. Thank-you, Medcnman.

it is like makeing tincture you can let it set for a few weeks or heat in a double boiler at a low heat so you dont evaporate the thc.

Wont this Evaporate the Alcohol?

The THC won't evaporate, but it could vaporize if the heat is too high.

Some of the alcohol will evaporate but you can keep a lid on the pot to help prevent it.

I would advise against trying to rush the process with wine. It will undoubtedly affect the flavor.

Try heating the wine by itself first and see if it still tastes ok.

If you're in a hurry try using brandy or a liqueur. The additional alcohol will speed up the infusion.

You could also make a tincture, reduce it down and add it directly to the wine.

Or just stir some Simpson Oil into some MD 20/20.

24224738_46e0878b3b_m.jpg

Wild Bill, I am curious if the thc affects the taste of the wine?

Given that alcohol will dissolve thc, we once tried 100 proof vodka infused with mmj. After setting for a few weeks, we filtered the mix thru a paper coffee filter. It ended up with a greenish tint, but it looked ok. The bad news was everyone said it tasted awful. I do not know if it was the fact that we were too cheap to buy a premium vodka, or it was just a bad idea.

As a followup, I recall there was a wine ad campaign with the slogan, "no wine before its time". So you probably should not rush the process.

Wild Bill, I am curious if the thc affects the taste of the wine?

Given that alcohol will dissolve thc, we once tried 100 proof vodka infused with mmj. After setting for a few weeks, we filtered the mix thru a paper coffee filter. It ended up with a greenish tint, but it looked ok. The bad news was everyone said it tasted awful. I do not know if it was the fact that we were too cheap to buy a premium vodka, or it was just a bad idea.

As a followup, I recall there was a wine ad campaign with the slogan, "no wine before its time". So you probably should not rush the process.

Yes, it definitely effects the taste. Light, fruity strains or hashy strains work best.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason high proof alcohol is generally preferred is to minimize those substances that are water soluble and are normally not desired in the finished product.

In the case of the wine you actually want these substances to flavor the wine.

The active ingredients will still dissolve in the lower concentration of alcohol.

It may take longer and it is conceivable that you might reach a saturation point, but probably not.

Napa Valley’s wine secret: Cannabis cabernet?

so you want the chlorophyll in the wine??

Sometimes.

If you use dried and cured meds you don't get the chlorophyll flavor so much. If you want an herbal/piney flavor like vermouth, then use fresh herb.

You have to match the flavor of the med with the flavor of the wine.

I prefer dried and cured Kush with a sweet white wine like Sauterne.

Any variety with a strong hash flavor seems to work the best. Trial and error will find whats best for you.

(Stay away from Skunk strains :thumbsd: )

• 2 weeks later...

Do you decarboxylate the cannabis before infusion? I think I'll give this a try with a couple bottles of wine I've got hanging around the house, should be interesting at the very least...j.b.

Not necessary but it should increase the potency. I never have, but my best suggestion is to try both methods and see which works best for you. Please post your results if you decide to go that way. Thanks.

Archived