Pro Bono Needed In Oakland County

Medcnman

My question is whether the sentence was part of the plea deal.  You didn't make it clear whether it was.

Was the plea deal, "you plead to one count of manuf/deliv and we will drop the rest and the judge will sentence as s/he sees fit?"  Or was the plea deal, "you plead to one count of manuf/deliv and we will drop the other counts AND you will only get xyz as a sentence?"  In other words, did the judge have discretion in sentencing or was the sentence part of the deal???</p>

No, just caregiver rights. Not patient rights.

Rule 25. (1) A registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver who has been convicted of selling marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under the act, shall have his or her registry identification card revoked and may be found guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both, in addition to any other penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

No...rule 25 states a registered qualifying PATIENT OR registered primary CAREGIVER.....

Edited by rockinlespaul

Correct that does not apply.

And WOW what a light sentence. But the reality may be that they knew in light of the recent SC ruling that a sec. 8 defense would have won hands down.

Edited to add. Not that I think having to cop to a felony is light by any means and I believe in todays environment and their situation, I would not have coped a plea. Liljon had a situation just like this recently

and they offered him one more rediculous deal before they dismissed the charges after he didnt take the deal.

One more caregiver off the street. More strength for the drug cartel.

One more controlled citizen and one or more guns off the streets. Sucks.</p>