Need Help Staying Legal

Extreme

I started a perpetual grow where I harvest once a month, It is a simple mom and pop grow and nets us about a pound a month. Trouble is me and ma can only keep/posses 5 oz total. how do you growers keep a harvest through a cure cycle when you have another grow comming mature in just another 4 weeks?? Seriously, this stuff is stacking up and I want to stay totally compliant.

Troy

I started a perpetual grow where I harvest once a month, It is a simple mom and pop grow and nets us about a pound a month. Trouble is me and ma can only keep/posses 5 oz total. how do you growers keep a harvest through a cure cycle when you have another grow comming mature in just another 4 weeks?? Seriously, this stuff is stacking up and I want to stay totally compliant.

Troy

Location ?

Just a thought, but if either of you were to become the other ones caregiver, that would automatically add 2.5 oz you can keep on hand for the $10 change of caregiver form its a good deal imo. because each patient is allowed 2.5, and the caregiver is allowed 2.5 for each patient. so if you were her cg you could have 5, and as a patient she could still have 2.5.I owuldn't go as far as becoming each others caregivers and going for 10, but the 7.5 is doable

Just a thought, but if either of you were to become the other ones caregiver, that would automatically add 2.5 oz you can keep on hand for the $10 change of caregiver form its a good deal imo. because each patient is allowed 2.5, and the caregiver is allowed 2.5 for each patient. so if you were her cg you could have 5, and as a patient she could still have 2.5.I owuldn't go as far as becoming each others caregivers and going for 10, but the 7.5 is doable

Edited by ProCare@yahoo.com

actually that would be perfectly fine.

as an example..

My wife and i are both pts. she names me as her cg. i can hold 2.5 for me, as she can hold 2.5 for her self. As her cg i can have 2.5 available for here when she needs it. that in total is 7.5 ounces, and perfectly legal,AS LONG AS.. their is always an as long as....

as long as her 2.5, i am holding in reserve for her, is ONLY accessible by only ME, as her CG. it would need to be locked up and only i would be able to have the key as the CG in the relationship.

not laughable at all. and infact as a CG, i could then be able to help A patient (not the patient, or the patient connected) in their Medical use, and as a CG be compensated...

you can see why BS is so Gung Ho in his mission. The Law We passed, as it is on the books right now, is phrased and worded to reflect those that grow, can be remibursed for the investment made in the Procurement of the medicine.... and that is since the CoA rulings in my Personal Opinion...

Location ?

thanks for the responses,

I am on the west side of the state, Grand Rapids area. I had been sharing through the dispensaries. I found one that was linked to a compassion club and as they charged $10 per gram to their members and membership was $1 per month $10 per year I thought that this was a nice way to share my overages. The club and dispensary are now closed and while I did meet some nice folks, I am reluctant to try to sign one on and lose a friendship or my reputation when, for one reason or another, I do not produce a crop "on schedule".

so in review it's: grow less, sign up some patients, make oil, give away 13oz a month without renumeration, or pull some kind of shenanigans as my wies caregiver. Thanks Schutte.

A fellow grower stated to me that as long as the harvested material was "curing" it did not count as usable. Is this true? and if so what qualifies as curing?

Thanks in advance.

Troy

actually that would be perfectly fine.

as an example..

My wife and i are both pts. she names me as her cg. i can hold 2.5 for me, as she can hold 2.5 for her self. As her cg i can have 2.5 available for here when she needs it. that in total is 7.5 ounces, and perfectly legal,AS LONG AS.. their is always an as long as....

as long as her 2.5, i am holding in reserve for her, is ONLY accessible by only ME, as her CG. it would need to be locked up and only i would be able to have the key as the CG in the relationship.

not laughable at all. and infact as a CG, i could then be able to help A patient (not the patient, or the patient connected) in their Medical use, and as a CG be compensated...

you can see why BS is so Gung Ho in his mission. The Law We passed, as it is on the books right now, is phrased and worded to reflect those that grow, can be remibursed for the investment made in the Procurement of the medicine.... and that is since the CoA rulings in my Personal Opinion...

I don't know why people want to give more than the law requires but, nowhere in the law is a requirement that meds need to be locked. The plants need to be in an enclosed locked facility, the meds do NOT have this requirement.

Mike

You grow a pound a month? Why do you do that if you don't need that much? Scale back. Grow what you need. You are the creator of your own problem. If you are smart enough to grow a pound a month you are smart enough to grow less.

True enough, I could grow less or none at all. Why grow so much??.........After tons of research, both on this forum and many others, I went out and plopped down the cash for everything I "needed" to optimize a two patient grow. So, two flower rooms x 1000w each, hoods, fans, mylar, full line of nutes, air pots, etc. etc. etc. With one veg rack feeding both rooms. So I did things by the numbers and the results are from 12-18 oz per month. As previously stated I had been sharing the overages through the dispensary model so I KNOW there is a NEED. I grow so much because that is what my set-up produces and I thought that I was helping others. Looks like Schutte wins and I can shut down my totally legel grow.....YEA

I do feel there is an acute need for growers who can grow, but until there is a safe and legal outlet I guess I should cool my jets.

Any tips on the "curing" marijuana doesn't count as usable front??

I think the cannabis your curing does count towards your limit. Its usable as soon as its dry, even though a minimum of a month cure is needed in my opinion to make it tasty and delicious.

I think it's all usable if you intend to do something with it. If you keep your trimmings with the intent to make hash or budder you are going to "use" it so it's usable. Not that I agree but the common meaning of usable is very broad and I wouldn't want to argue it in court. I can pretty much guarantee that wet or dry the police will consider it "usable"

Mike

I think it's all usable if you intend to do something with it. If you keep your trimmings with the intent to make hash or budder you are going to "use" it so it's usable. Not that I agree but the common meaning of usable is very broad and I wouldn't want to argue it in court. I can pretty much guarantee that wet or dry the police will consider it "usable"

Mike

I totally agree. I was just saying that the bud is smoke-able as soon as its dry.

I operate under the understanding that if LEO has a warrant and they are in my house, every gram of trim, bud or whatever scraps could be lying in my desk are going to be taken and counted against me, wet or dry since they took all the effort to come into my place.

True enough, I could grow less or none at all. Why grow so much??.........After tons of research, both on this forum and many others, I went out and plopped down the cash for everything I "needed" to optimize a two patient grow. So, two flower rooms x 1000w each, hoods, fans, mylar, full line of nutes, air pots, etc. etc. etc. With one veg rack feeding both rooms. So I did things by the numbers and the results are from 12-18 oz per month. As previously stated I had been sharing the overages through the dispensary model so I KNOW there is a NEED. I grow so much because that is what my set-up produces and I thought that I was helping others. Looks like Schutte wins and I can shut down my totally legel grow.....YEA

I do feel there is an acute need for growers who can grow, but until there is a safe and legal outlet I guess I should cool my jets.

Any tips on the "curing" marijuana doesn't count as usable front??

Medical marijuana should really cure in the dark for about 2 to 3 months before it is consumed...also the curing jars should be burped everyday for the first week then once a week there after...Date your curing jars for the proper cure date (at least 2 months after jaring...Medicine is not ready until properly cured.

:)

you want to get your numbers down, the best advice given so far was "don't grow so much." second best was to reduce it down into hash or oil of some type.

not saying you did, but your story sounds similar to the stories of others i know. they made grow set ups for large amounts, thinking they were going to get rich at dispensaries. then the dispensaries fell through (i have been saying they weren't legal for a couple years now). we have been like a pack of dogs on some things, egging each other forward inch by inch, talking ourselves into thinking we're covered when we are out of our own yard. regardless, the dispensaries fell through; nothing you can do about it at this point.

you can-

1. not grow so much

2. reduce down to hash/oil/etc

3. hit up the farmers markets

4. help out some friends in need (with cards, of course)

5. bring someone else on as a patient

i'm sure there are other things, as well. the easiest would be to not grow so much, if you want to stay totally compliant.

i would advise against effing with leo, unless you want to be the next test case for mmj. don't try the, "but officer it's not fully cured" routine, because they won't give a fudge. just like they won't give a fudge if you are over on your plant count. they don't care if it's ready or not. for example, they take the whole plant, weigh it and there is your weight. they have no clue what is what.

you want to get your numbers down, the best advice given so far was "don't grow so much." second best was to reduce it down into hash or oil of some type.

not saying you did, but your story sounds similar to the stories of others i know. they made grow set ups for large amounts, thinking they were going to get rich at dispensaries. then the dispensaries fell through (i have been saying they weren't legal for a couple years now). we have been like a pack of dogs on some things, egging each other forward inch by inch, talking ourselves into thinking we're covered when we are out of our own yard. regardless, the dispensaries fell through; nothing you can do about it at this point.

you can-

1. not grow so much

2. reduce down to hash/oil/etc

3. hit up the farmers markets

4. help out some friends in need (with cards, of course)

5. bring someone else on as a patient

i'm sure there are other things, as well. the easiest would be to not grow so much, if you want to stay totally compliant.

i would advise against effing with leo, unless you want to be the next test case for mmj. don't try the, "but officer it's not fully cured" routine, because they won't give a fudge. just like they won't give a fudge if you are over on your plant count. they don't care if it's ready or not. for example, they take the whole plant, weigh it and there is your weight. they have no clue what is what.

Thanks to all for the responses. this last post sums it up pretty well. For now I plan to grow much less and do some experimenting like a screen grow or some that are in flower longer, Not gonna throw in the towel yet, just wish there was a safe and legal way to share.

Troy

Thanks to all for the responses. this last post sums it up pretty well. For now I plan to grow much less and do some experimenting like a screen grow or some that are in flower longer, Not gonna throw in the towel yet, just wish there was a safe and legal way to share.

Troy

Sounds like a good plan. The best way to share has to be the farmers market, and just networking with people on this site.

I don't understand. Say I'm a pound over, is it legal for me take it to the farmers market and donate it?

Blueberry only allows you to bring in what you are legally allowed to carry. So if it is you and you have a patient you can carry five ounces and thats what you can bring into the farmers market. You cant just walk in with a pound of cannabis and expect that your going to be able to sell it. But I'm sure if you wanted to donate cannabis Joe would allow you to do that so that patients without enough money to pay their bills and still get meds can get some free meds and still be able to pay their bills.

Please if you have that many meds bring them to the farmers market and donate them no cost to patients without enough money to buy their meds.

Edited by donnachris

I would learn to scale my crop to be efficient. If you are harvesting a pound for a harvest, that means you can shut down the grow and save money on electricity.

If you continue, then you are planning on making business with overages - at least be honest with yourself about it. You are either growing medicine for you and ma, or you were planning on overgrowing and doing business with dispensaries.

You can also reduce the material to hashish or bud capsules.

Any Material that is wet, and seized by LEO is going to be put into an air tight container. By court time, it will be moldy, and a good drug lawyer will point out that it is not usable material, that its weight is off as it was weighted wet. any material that is just dry enough not to mold, can be counted as 'useable material' the court does not care about how taste is improved by curing for 2 months.

You can help farmer's markets, you can help other patients - the law still allows patients to acquire, transfer, and deliver - for free.

DN

• 5 months later...

If it is dry it counts, curing means nothing to LEO. Reduce your plant volume and your weight. Oil is the best way. Start reducing everything until you are compliant. Plan on everything (someone else commented on this) being counted against your legal limit. Scale your grow back. Figure out how much you actually need for a month and work backwards ie 2.5oz/patient. How many plants do you need to harvest to produce that amount figuring in your average yield per plant.