Scheuette Post Card

donnachris

I was at my renew appointment and on the table next to me in the little display were post cards to send to Billy Bong that requested he leave us patients alone. So I took one for myself and one for my husband. I came home put stamps on them and sent them. That was October 24th. Dated November 7, 2011 is a letter I received not from Schuette himself but from a Wanda M. Stokes, Division Chief, Licensing & Regulation Division. The letter is as follows:

Dear Concerned Voter:

Attorney General Bill Schuette has asked me to respond to your formal complaint postcard regading the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.

Consistent with his statutory duties,Attorney General Schuette is workingon behalf of the citizens of this State to ensure that the MM law is properly enforced and being used to help people who are truly suffering from a serious ad debilitation illness, as the People intended when the law was passed in 2008.

Thank you for your interest in this matter.

Sincerely

Wanda M. Stokes

Division Chief

Licensing & Regulation Division

Here is the point nobody seems to raise... Yes, the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act of 2008 does provide wide protections for those using cannabis. What makes Schuette and his ilk think that "the People" didn't understand that, that they thought they were voting for a more restrictive act? It never crosses these folks' minds that perhaps "the People" knew exactly what they were voting for and WANTED a medical marijuana law with far reaching protections.

I see the same group of people, Schuette, Rick Jones, the mlive and other news site comment posters, repeatedly stating that this isn't what voters wanted, that voters were duped. Yet actual polls show that the act still has wide ranging public support. I suspect that those screaming that this isn't what 'the People" wanted are those who never wanted any medicinal marijuana law in this state, not those who are experiencing buyers' remorse.

I got my stack from Big Daddy's a couple months ago

Ok. I'm really confused... Why is someone from licensing and regulation sending a reply for the attorney general? This is so f'd up. It's like a state conspiracy. Isn't the licensing dept. kind of a neutral area of the state? Seems pretty partisan to me.

I really wish election day was tomorrow.

I was thinking the same why is some one from a place that is only supposed to process and file our paperwork then issue cards answering mail addressed to the attorney general. Seems to me he is information gathering if he has people on the inside at LARA. Wtf! I am so fed up with state and the country how hard is it to become a Canadian?

I was thinking the same why is some one from a place that is only supposed to process and file our paperwork then issue cards answering mail addressed to the attorney general. Seems to me he is information gathering if he has people on the inside at LARA. Wtf! I am so fed up with state and the country how hard is it to become a Canadian?

First of all, that last comment made me laugh my arse off. So I thank you for that. Second, just cross the border and tell them you want to stay. Its that simple. Canada lets anyone in. Third, I prefer you stay and help us fight this fight angainst the BS that BS has created. The people will prevail. At most, another year. We need to educate and advocate as much as possible. Thanks again for the laugh! Medcnman.

Is it the postcard that says FORMAL COMPLAINT on the front?

I sent a few too. :thumbsu:

Would like a stack to pass out, if anyone knows where I can get more.

Yes It was that card. The card itself was mostly red in color.

Whoever wanted to know where to get them could probably call www.michiganholistichealth.com and they could tell them t=where they got there's. I'm sure that Dr Crocker's employees would gladly share where those post cards came from. If someone doesn't find some by next week I will call Dr Crocker's office and see if they will tell me where they got them from. I'm sure that Blueberry probaly knows where we could get some of these if we wanted some. I think someone should get some and pass them out at the farmers market and everybody should get like 5, one for themselves and four more to pass out to other people. Imagine that, we've just got five times the number of post cards sent to bull bong as what we have visitors to the farmers market. Wouldn't that just tinkle him off.

As far as the reply to the postcard, that is an insult to anyones intelligence, and I'm sure the money to process the replies comes right out of what we pay to be registered. Using our own money to insult us. :growl:

The way I see it the ag has decided that the 67% who voted in favor of the law were just too dumb and stupid to vote correctly. Therefore he is using his vastly superior opinion on medical marijuana and his position as ag, to change our votes and the law he does not agree with. It also seems possible that he has enough control over LARA that he is probably causing the extensive wait for cards. Since the voters of Michigan were not smart enough to realize they were giving protection to sick people, mr scheutte is seeing to it that they don't have any protection. After all, these voters did not vote the way mr scheutte wanted them to, and he is only doing them a favor by correct the mistake they made when they voted. I mean when you think about it, just because we are allowed to vote doesn't mean it should count unless bill schuette agrees with it, right?

Whoever wanted to know where to get them could probably call www.michiganholistichealth.com and o could tell them t=where they got there's. I'm sure that Dr Crocker's employees would gladly share where those post cards came from. If someone doesn't find some by next week I will call Dr Crocker's office and see if they will tell me where they got them from. I'm sure that Blueberry probaly knows where we could get some of these if we wanted some. I think someone should get some and pass them out at the farmers market and everybody should get like 5, one for themselves and four more to pass out to other people. Imagine that, we've just got five times the number of post cards sent to bull bong as what we have visitors to the farmers market. Wouldn't that just tinkle him off.

The office supplies sell printable post cards. It would be simple to print what we need to pass out at the farmers market. We need to reach more than old BS himself. I'll get the tea party group who are non mm users to send put cards as well. I also have a few UAW people I will get involved. Gathering support of the groups who want him out on his donkey will help our cause.

Let's not forget they all monitor this site!

The office supplies sell printable post cards. It would be simple to print what we need to pass out at the farmers market. We need to reach more than old BS himself. I'll get the tea party group who are non mm users to send put cards as well. I also have a few UAW people I will get involved. Gathering support of the groups who want him out on his donkey will help our cause.

Let's not forget they all monitor this site!

Sounds like a good idea Dizz. Maybe we should make our own post cards, then they can say whatever WE want them to say. If I could afford it, I would put in on some postcards. I'd bet if someone put a jar on their table labeled "Schuette Compaint Postcards" people would donate. Think about it Blueberry...lol or anybody else for that matter.

Sounds like a good idea Dizz. Maybe we should make our own post cards, then they can say whatever WE want them to say. If I could afford it, I would put in on some postcards. I'd bet if someone put a jar on their table labeled "Schuette Compaint Postcards" people would donate. Think about it Blueberry...lol or anybody else for that matter.

This is a good idea. We need to do this, and I will certainly donate toward having some cards printed up. We should include a preemptive strike against their ridiculous responses too, their replies just don't carry any weight. The voters that voted this law in are not regretting doing so. There might be two or three, but no one was tricked into voting for this law. The voters who voted yes are intelligent enough to know that the law is not being honored and they are still in favor of the law as written. Except for the three that changed their minds.

This is a good idea. We need to do this, and I will certainly donate toward having some cards printed up. We should include a preemptive strike against their ridiculous responses too, their replies just don't carry any weight. The voters that voted this law in are not regretting doing so. There might be two or three, but no one was tricked into voting for this law. The voters who voted yes are intelligent enough to know that the law is not being honored and they are still in favor of the law as written. Except for the three that changed their minds.

Ok so whose table is it going on?? I don't get a table because I haven't harvested any meds yet, but soooooooon.

Maybe we can get someone with good writing skills to draft something up. If we can find someone that disagrees with bill schuette's policies on medical marijuana that is. We could probably get this going with donations in a week or two, and if someone knows a printer that would give us a good rate on the cards that would help.

Whoever wanted to know where to get them could probably call www.michiganholistichealth.com and they could tell them t=where they got there's. I'm sure that Dr Crocker's employees would gladly share where those post cards came from. If someone doesn't find some by next week I will call Dr Crocker's office and see if they will tell me where they got them from. I'm sure that Blueberry probaly knows where we could get some of these if we wanted some. I think someone should get some and pass them out at the farmers market and everybody should get like 5, one for themselves and four more to pass out to other people. Imagine that, we've just got five times the number of post cards sent to bull bong as what we have visitors to the farmers market. Wouldn't that just tinkle him off.

Is this the wording on the card?

Dear Bill Schuette,

I am a voter.

I want you to stop supporting any further restrictions on the Michigan Medical Marijuana act. You should reverse your opinion Letter 7259 and work instead to guarantee safe access for all patients and caregivers in Michigan. You are hurting the people that need your protection- Veterans, the sick, the injured, people with cancer and other terrible illnesses.

STOP your effort at re-criminalizing medical Marijuana.

Signed: XXXX

P.S.

I expect a response to this communication.

63% of Michigan voters knew exactly what they were voting for and it’s only the law enforcement agencies who are complaining they can’t bust every pothead they find anymore.

Archived