Disabled Man Tasered To Death For Falling Off Bike

I watched a cop on foot run down and tackle a kid on a mountain bike. But this rookie decided it was easier to use excessive force instead.

R.I.P.

Disabled Man Tasered To Death For Falling Off Bike

Police Say He Refused To Stop And "Looked Like He Was Putting Something In His Mouth" (CYA2SYA)

http://www.infowars.com/disabled-man-tasered-to-death-for-falling-off-bike/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Steve Watson

Infowars.com

November 24, 2011

A 61 year old man from Halifax County, Virginia, was tasered by cops and died Tuesday after they were called to the scene by an onlooker who saw the man fall off his bike in a parking lot and feared he was drunk.

When the police arrived, Roger Anthony was riding away on the bike. Anthony did not respond to the officers’ requests for him to stop so Officer John Turner used a stun gun on him, causing Anthony to once again fall off his bike, reports wral news. (Guess his was afraid of the bike out running him and his Police Interceptor)

Family members told the press that when Anthony arrived at the local hospital shortly after-wards, he was declared brain dead.

Scotland Neck Police Chief Joe Williams told the media that the officer had seen Anthony “take something out his pocket and put it into his mouth,” and had therefore taken the decision to taze the man.

Anthony’s sister, Gladys Freeman, told wral that her brother was disabled, hard of hearing and suffered from seizures.

Anthony’s brother-in-law, Milton Freeman told reporters “Why would you (use a stun gun on) a man on a bike? He didn’t do any crime. He wasn’t trying to escape. How (was) he going to escape on his bicycle?”

The police have refused to comment further on the incident pending an investigation. Officer Turner, who had only been on active duty for a month, has been placed on leave.

Seems like with the advent of non-lethal options LEO is seeking any excuse to engage with potential criminals and/or non-responders.

Look at how LEO pepper sprayed those hard-core thug-4-life UC Davis students.

What choice did LEO have, no choice, no choice at all....

If those students weren't stopped, they could have gone on to get further education...

Boys will be boys, and citizens will be corpses....

yes that's a good excuse to taser someone, the man was probably taking his seizure medication.

It's a sad state of affairs when police start tasering people who are in no way threatening them. Soon it will be standard practice to taser people during traffic stops, as they might reach in their pockets to get their drivers license out.

Police have refused to comment. Unbelieveable.

The unnecessary death of a disabled man at the hands of police is not even worth their comment?

That cop should be arrested, tried, and when found guilty, sent to prison.

People have said 'we are becoming' the thing we hate the most. I think 'we are becoming' is not the correct phrase.

I think 'we have become' is the correct phrase.

Peace. :rock:

The Leo is brain washed to think everyone is a criminal...Suspect Everyone! They think they are the all and mighty powerful...Many would probably side against their own family members if it came down to it.

Stories like this are popping up more and more...scary!

There are police that have common sense and actually are good people...They just seem to be extreemly out numbered. And remember they have been threatened by their own boss...Pretty Schitte!!

To bad!

What I find upsetting is the assumption of some sort of guilt without even establishing contact in a consistent pattern across society as we encounter one another . The drug war is even inside our emergency rooms nowadays it effects all interaction with often dire consequences .

I know falls are common among individuals with seizures and they usually do just want to get out of the area ASAP to avoid having bills from emergency services providing treatment under Good Samaritan Laws . This man needed patience and understanding. So does the officer now during the investigation its a two way street . .

Police have refused to comment. Unbelieveable.

The unnecessary death of a disabled man at the hands of police is not even worth their comment?

That cop should be arrested, tried, and when found guilty, sent to prison.

People have said 'we are becoming' the thing we hate the most. I think 'we are becoming' is not the correct phrase.

I think 'we have become' is the correct phrase.

Peace. :rock:

spot on... cops, da's, judges... none are really held accountable for any of their actions, none of the injustices they commit. were this to happen, the attitudes & actions we see from them will drastically change. hold them to the same standard that they are to uphold. pretty simple stuff... he at the very least committed involuntary manslaughter. think that charge will ever come?

He should not have been on that bike if he didn't know how to ride it. I hope this serves as a lesson to all of us.

right on... and don't forget to narc out your neighbors as well! more than one moral to this story... ;-)

Archived