Update On 13 Year Old

Another suggestion instead of full out "smoking" would be going the vaporizer method. I still recommend having the tincture tested, though. I mean, you are thinking of upping the dosage. But what in reality is the dosage? If it has say .00000001% THC/CBN content, then you know.. But what if it has 90% THC/CBN content? (arbitrary numbers, of course) Then upping the dosage probably wouldn't work as if it was that high in content, your current dosage should be kicking butt. I would get some bubble hash and dissolve it in some butter. You won't know the dosage, but at least you know it's in there.

The tincture has lots of little green bits all through it. Does that sound right? I know that's no test, but that's what it looks like.

Green bits from leaf, bud, or broccoli? lol If it were me, I'd pay the $50 (or so) to have it tested. I have heard that glycerine doesn't do that well when trying to dissolve all the good stuff in it. (Please don't beat me up in the peanut gallery, I have never used, made, or even seen it made this way. It's only what I have heard).

Green bits from leaf, bud, or broccoli? lol If it were me, I'd pay the $50 (or so) to have it tested. I have heard that glycerine doesn't do that well when trying to dissolve all the good stuff in it. (Please don't beat me up in the peanut gallery, I have never used, made, or even seen it made this way. It's only what I have heard).

Glycerin will work if you use my recipe in my blogs. You need to extract with alcohol first and then make glycerine tincture. With any tincture the extraction method is the key to whether its potent enough or not.

I know this is all just speculation on my part, but here I go:

My aunt uses the tincture (about a tablespoon 3x a day) for severe pain due to sarcoidosis of the stomach. It works like a charm for her and we're using the same stuff she takes from a trusted friend of hers. But I'm just wondering if my kids' problem is just so different from pain management that they need a higher dose or different strain, etc. I need to go with a local supplier, so I'm not going to go through testing on the stuff I have, but I do see your point that w/o testing it's hard to know what the green bits are. I don't think they're broccoli though :D

Another suggestion instead of full out "smoking" would be going the vaporizer method. I still recommend having the tincture tested, though. I mean, you are thinking of upping the dosage. But what in reality is the dosage? If it has say .00000001% THC/CBN content, then you know.. But what if it has 90% THC/CBN content? (arbitrary numbers, of course) Then upping the dosage probably wouldn't work as if it was that high in content, your current dosage should be kicking butt. I would get some bubble hash and dissolve it in some butter. You won't know the dosage, but at least you know it's in there.

As far as I know, vaporizers are endorsed by doctors and medical clinics.

If I were to guess, I would think that parents would be more at ease if they administered a vaporizer to their children, rather than pills or tincture. By "at ease" I'm thinking of their trust in the medicine's quality control, dosage, and choking hazard. So vaporizers are a good alternative that I'm surprised no one suggested before Morhawk.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you should be trying different strains rather than methods of ingestion. The THC to CBD ratio can make a big difference.

I would suggest smoking or vaporizing to try the strain out. You should know within minutes if there is going to be any relief.

When you find a strain that does what you need, start the day by vaporizing some to get the initial dosage into the blood stream immediately.

Then use medibles or tincture the rest of the day to maintain a constant level in the blood stream.

Inhaling vapor or smoke puts the active ingredients into the bloodstream directly.

Putting alcohol tincture under the tongue also goes directly to the bloodstream, being absorbed into the mucus membrane.

Glycerin tincture coats the mouth and is absorbed more slowly.

Eating or drinking cannabis preparations is the slowest acting. The active ingredients are metabolized by the liver before being used by the rest of the body.

This makes for a slower onset but is longer acting.

Think of smoking as instant relief like Alka-Seltzer and eating like a time release capsule.

Try cannabis root linement or root oil for topical use. DO NOT INGEST ROOT OIL!

Yes, I see what you mean about different strains rather than different methods of ingestion. We gave her some RSO last night and she said today that she could feel a difference. Her typing was a little more steady, her driving of her wheelchair was smoother. She wasn't giggly like she got with the drops we were trying. She got up to 7 drops of another type and we maxed out since she was high but we didn't get much relief.

Is RSO high CDB and low THC? We gave her just a tiny smear of the RSO last night. Boy that stuff is strong tasting. But she didn't complain.

Thanks for weighing in. Everybody's experience and knowledge helps me. Paige

I know it's a dif condition....but here is our experience.

My brother has 3 forms of MS and is also blind.

He eats a .1 hash cookie and that works for him for about 8 hours or so.

It helps him with his movement and pain relief among other things.

The strain that works best for him so far has been white rhino.

It was suggested by another person MS.

Hope that helps a little.

SignPeople

Yes, I see what you mean about different strains rather than different methods of ingestion. We gave her some RSO last night and she said today that she could feel a difference. Her typing was a little more steady, her driving of her wheelchair was smoother. She wasn't giggly like she got with the drops we were trying. She got up to 7 drops of another type and we maxed out since she was high but we didn't get much relief.

Is RSO high CDB and low THC? We gave her just a tiny smear of the RSO last night. Boy that stuff is strong tasting. But she didn't complain.

Thanks for weighing in. Everybody's experience and knowledge helps me. Paige

The RSO is more likely high THC low CBD due to most strains being much higher in THC then CBD. However it is possible to make high CBD RSO with a high CBD strain, I do believe Joe is making some with his Brainwreck strain so some should be available soon. The strain is most important when trying to isolate higher CBD's to make RSO with. Hope this is some help Paige. Was great to meet you and your husband. Doug

True dat, Doug. PureMichiganja in, medical magic out.

Blueberry's "Brain Wreck" strain with 9% CBD is in the Top 5 results statewide for raw bud I've seen. Peanut Butter's Blue Cough RSO -does- lead the state at 44% CBD and is my vote as CBD Monster of Michigan. Makes into Simpson oil with max. therapeutic powers. Yes it takes cannabis concentrate to reach such CBD-rich saturation so keep them medical-strain girlies growing. Test results link is -- http://herbalelementsinc.com/products.php -- then Sort Up or Down each column by clicking its yellow heading. For highest CBD scores click " CBD % " Oh sure, THC scores are there too but this is the -medical use- advocacy group focused on therapeutic herbal compounds. :bighug:

Archived