First Time Growing... Journal...

Dawgster

Sure soil is easier to grow but as long as you can follow instructions, have half a brain and know how to successfully use a computer.. it will be fine! From reading through the thread I believe you fit all of those requirements and I'm sure even a little more. So I've got faith that your grow will be successful, think positive and educate yourself as you are doing and it will be great. We are lucky to have the entire world at our fingertips unlike growers past. Google Search is your lifeline. Just tossing some optimism out there for you to amp you up. :)

If your using the CAP ebb and grow, youll need to raise the buckets about an inch or inch and half higher than the controller bucket otherwise youll have about 2 inches of standing water in the bottom of the buckets at all times.The controller bucket doesnt tell you ppm/ec/ph , its just a bucket with a timer and float valves to regulate water flow.Youll need to buy a tri meter or hand use ppm/ph meter.I recommend the tri meter..its easier...do yourself a favor and keep your moms in a coco mix or something.

I have the meters. Thermometer, hydrometer, hand testing Ph.

Cinderella 99 and Indiana bubble gum are looking so beautiful and growing. I'm on the right path. Ph sitting on 6.06, temperature on 76 degrees. Humidity is 45%. The room is going great!

You also need a meter to test ppm (parts per million) ec(electrical conductivity) or tds (total disolved solids) different names same function really. This lets you know how much nutes your plants are using, and the starting point of your water, and the minerals already present. Helps with addback of nutes etc. Very helpful tool for starting out in hydro, if you already have a standalone ph, you can buy a tds meter at the hydro shop. best off with a good trim meter that does ph ppm and water temp constantly in a resevoir system imo

Archived