Us Census "community Survey"

I just received today in the mail, the US Census Bureau "the American Community Survey" It starts out asking how many people are in my household and all the usual info for each (name, age, sex, ss...). It then asks for info about my house. Size, type, when i bought it, land size. It asks how many cars we own, what type of fuel we use to heat the home, what last monty Edison bill total was and even asks how much my mortgage payment is, and if i have a second mortgage. Then it goes on to "Person 1". It asks health questions such as walking ability, hearing and sight issues. Marital status and when we got married. Then to veterans status. Now on to employment, when did I work, how much was I paid, who my employer is, how many hours a week do I work. Then on to health insurance. Do i have it, which company do i have. Do i have any serious health conditions or grandchildren. In my own opinion, its none of their business! And most of this stuff, they can find on their own. Is this an infringment of my right to privacy? Anyone else get one as they are random. Thanks, Medcnman.

WOW

nothing like good ole uncle sam invasion of privacy, and getting you to give yourself up in the process... some calls to the ACLU are in order now!

http://www.aclu.org/human-rights/national-security

I wrote on the survey "I refuse to answer any questions contained within this booklet as they are a direct violation of my first amendment right to privacy! 2 people live at this residence. One is male and one is female. They are married." then I stuck it in the mailbox. We'll see if i get a reaponse or if they just move on to someone that isnt aware of their rights. Thanks for the Link Timmahh. Im gonna check it out. Medcnman.

I just received today in the mail, the US Census Bureau "the American Community Survey" It starts out asking how many people are in my household and all the usual info for each (name, age, sex, ss...). It then asks for info about my house. Size, type, when i bought it, land size. It asks how many cars we own, what type of fuel we use to heat the home, what last monty Edison bill total was and even asks how much my mortgage payment is, and if i have a second mortgage. Then it goes on to "Person 1". It asks health questions such as walking ability, hearing and sight issues. Marital status and when we got married. Then to veterans status. Now on to employment, when did I work, how much was I paid, who my employer is, how many hours a week do I work. Then on to health insurance. Do i have it, which company do i have. Do i have any serious health conditions or grandchildren. In my own opinion, its none of their business! And most of this stuff, they can find on their own. Is this an infringment of my right to privacy? Anyone else get one as they are random. Thanks, Medcnman.

when we got ours 2 summers ago I only answered how many people live here and thats all I answered I wrote on it that the law said that is the only thing I half to answer.

Ha... the best way of dealing with junk mail is to jam it in those postage prepaid envelopes. Special promotion on rental cars? How about a counteroffer from Pizza Hut for $9.95 supreme pizzas!

I am laughing my arse off right now! My wife and I LOVE that idea and we will start doing that immediately! As a matter of fact, Mastercard is getting a 0% interest for one year offer from Discover tomorrow!!! Thanks Purklize!!! Medcnman.

Archived