A Look Into Longhair's Laboratory

LongHairBri

• 4 weeks later...

LHB helped me to build this. With only some measurements of my room and my tent he was able to construct the manifolds, and the buckets for me so that I could install this wonderful system in my room. I just finished putting it all together but I forgot my camera. I will post pictures tomorrow when it is filled with water (it takes me awhile to fill this system as I use reverse osmosis at a rate of 200 gallons per day.)

Thanks bro. You the man! :rock:

Well here is some photos of how this can work with A veg area and a flowering area. This is pretty neat right here.

The veg area is in the tent there housing 4 sites. The manifold takes a sort of U shape to achieve this with only one reservoir and controller bucket.

HPIM7296.jpg

Here is the controller bucket, it has a T junction here to the left is the veg tent, the lower area of the screen pictured here goes to the 8 site flowering area.

HPIM7300.jpg

Here is where it goes into the tent:

HPIM7299.jpg

HPIM7298.jpg

Again this was designed by LongHairBri.

Thanks!

looks nice.You have two rezs right?

Thanks. :rock:

In answer to your question, no I only use one reservoir for this set-up.

In the picture of that control bucket you can kind of see where it splits at that T junction. This allows the buckets in the veg tent to flood and drain all at the same time as the sites in the large flowering area.

It's all one body of water.

This works for me as I use the same formula in veg as I do in flower(Dyna-Gro Mag-Pro@ 5ml per gallon + Dyna-Gro Bloom@ 10ml per gallon). The Lucas method is awesome like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm slow an all. This set-up topfeeds right? Common drain back to res?

Nope. It maintains a static water level (There is about 2-3 gallons in each bucket at all times),until the pump in the reservoir kicks on, flooding the controller bucket through the float valve causing the water levels to rise until the float valve stops it. This brings the water level up in every bucket to about 4 gallons. Then 30 minutes later the pump in the controller bucket kicks on emptying it back into the reservoir taking the water back down to its static level (2-3 gallons)

The 2 Pumps are controlled by timers.

I call it "Flood and Drain Deep Water Culture"

There is an airstone in each bucket (DWC), and it floods and drains!

Kind of like if you bought one of those pre-built CAP Ebb and Grow deals, and put an airstone in the bottom of each bucket.

Except for this is less expensive and not poorly designed and constructed.

OK, Question.

What is the best method to flush this system? I have drained it to the manifold using the control pump. Is there a better way to clear the buckets? I was thinking of adding a threaded cap to the manifold but it still will only release whats left in the manifold.

OK, Question.

What is the best method to flush this system? I have drained it to the manifold using the control pump. Is there a better way to clear the buckets? I was thinking of adding a threaded cap to the manifold but it still will only release whats left in the manifold.

thats easy. don't glue the elbow or static level control pipe. when draining down simply remove the elbow inside the control bucket.

another note on draining, remove tubing that connects to float valve and connect it to the drain, remove elbow in controller, then turn on both pumps.

water is pumped out of system into rez, rez is pumping out to drain

• 2 weeks later...

Heheheh.

So a longtime friend, patient, and caregiver peeks into my room last night. He was blown away Bri. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head when he saw my roots. Now he wants to grow like we do. I bring this up here because this guy has been growing much longer than I, and has spent just as much time studying. He is no slouch. A very intelligent person. We have converted another.

Now I just have to deprogram him off of Advanced Nutrients.