A Look Into Longhair's Laboratory

LongHairBri

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Great thread you've got going, LHB! I appreciate the details, and it's obvious that you've put your time in developing this system. My efforts are quite similar, and yet different. Like right right now... I just cracked open a bottle of Jameson. Some guys might choose Jack, and next time I might also. I think that we all learn from what you're demonstrating, and maybe we'll incorporate your method into what we do. I compliment you on the tidy grow; it takes effort, and shows your commitment. Thanks for teaching us! I may have a room soon that looks exactly like your pictures, As I read the list of those who've replied, it warms my heart to see who's here. Not having a glass handy, I'll just lift the bottle to all of you, and then pass it around. Thanks again for sharing. I look forward to seeing your grow.

Well here is some photos of how this can work with A veg area and a flowering area. This is pretty neat right here.

The veg area is in the tent there housing 4 sites. The manifold takes a sort of U shape to achieve this with only one reservoir and controller bucket.

HPIM7296.jpg

Hey DM, I'm curious about those lids. I've been carving holes in bucket lids, but wondering if I'm wasting my time. Do you go right from clone into those lids? And then move the lid from veg to flower? Any advice is appreciated!

Hey DM, I'm curious about those lids. I've been carving holes in bucket lids, but wondering if I'm wasting my time. Do you go right from clone into those lids? And then move the lid from veg to flower? Any advice is appreciated!

You are correct. I plant my stage 2 clones into 3" net pots. From there they go into those 10" net pot lids. Then when it is time I move the whole lid into the main flowering area. Those 10" net pot lids are THE BOMB. They only cost about 3 bucks, and are very efficient. They are easy to clean, and very durable, and look at the roots you can grow with them! Keep in mind the root ball goes all the way up to about 2" below my Hydroton line. You can see the water line that's where the root ball ends.

DSCN0128.jpg

Edited by Darkmatter

OMG look at those roots!

You are correct. I plant my stage 2 clones into 3" net pots. From there they go into those 10" net pot lids. Then when it is time I move the whole lid into the main flowering area. Those 10" net pot lids are THE BOMB. They only cost about 3 bucks, and are very efficient. They are easy to clean, and very durable, and look at the roots you can grow with them! Keep in mind the root ball goes all the way up to about 2" below my Hydroton line. You can see the water line that's where the root ball ends.

DSCN0128.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I’m about to make the switch. After growing organic in soil for my entire career, I’m going to try hydro. I already dipped my toe in the water (pun intended) by building a 2–site bubblebucket in a 10 gallon tote, and I’m just blown away by the size of the plants that are growing in it (Blue Widow and Lemon Cube). Haven’t harvested them yet, but if they don’t suck completely I’m going to build LHB’s system. Couple of questions before I start buying supplies:

1. Do I need to buy any particular type of 5 gallon bucket, or will anything from Lowe’s/Home Depot do?
  2. What are your thoughts on separate net pots and lids vs. the all-in-one lids with the pots built-in?
  3. I see some folks are going big with 10” net pots vs. the more traditional 5-6”. Can you address the pros and cons of each?

at least the censorship on this site is funny

And technically the censorship would benefit from an upgrade that deletes its many shortcomings! The current version makes the strain name Moby Dhick (and the name of the most famous whale in the history of literature) and makes them both into Moby penis (now you see the shortcomings of the software running the censorship)?

LHB just keeps giving back to this community! Always been a great dude in my book, Bri. idc what others have said, you get mad respect from me for all you do!

LHB just keeps giving back to this community! Always been a great dude in my book, Bri. idc what others have said, you get mad respect from me for all you do!

Thanks man. good to see you around again!!

Hey LHB!

Can you remind me what nutrients you use and in what proportion?

Also would appreciate the mag product you use and the silica?

I am about to flip my room and my current nutes are low. Good time to change to something more economical.

thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it's a wrap? This water/nute/oxygen delivery system exceeds Chris Conrad, "Canabis Yield and Dosage" author, and the findings of the DEA, (Conrad, the CA Court certified authority who reports the DEA in U of MISS studies found that no matter the system or strain, indoors or out, bud production per sq. ft. of canopy from plants 120+ days old, does not exceed 1/2 oz)? It seems another way (an 'automated', walk-away-and-check-in-2-weeks way)to reach the 'production limit' of 1/2 oz. of bud per square foot of canopy.

Edited by pic book

my slowest vegging plants take no more than 5 weeks in veg when starting with a WELL rooted clone/plant from my pre-veg cloner. Most of the faster growing strains can move to bloom in 3.

I do agree that the square footage with adequate light dictates the yield, not the plant size or numbers. 50 plants in a flood table, 8 on 2' centers or a couple monsters trained low will ALL fill in the space provided and yield approximately the same. I manage my garden by training flowering plants on trellises to take full advantage of the light. whether I leave sites open or fill every one, the yield doesn't really fluxuate

I pull at or a little over the numbers you quoted,. your formula would lock my yields to around 5oz. per plant in my 150sf canopy. my cut-off point for keeping a strain 2oz/per...and it better be some darn fine meds! at the same time I have plants that can't come down all at once w/o exceeding legal limits. I haven't had a lemoncake under 8oz. yet and that was a runt, I've doubled that.

ALL THE MORE REASON to be perpetual. you would't want 5 pounds all ready at once. but 1 plant a week, every week would serve you, and your patients well, while staying within the legal guidelines

my system can be left for a week easy, 2 if you have 12 or less sites. you can go on vacation, away for the weekend, in the hospital and not worry about the girls......wierd

and when it is time to fill the nutes are a snap.