A Look Into Longhair's Laboratory

LongHairBri

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow. Darkmatter your ladies rock in those rocks. So what are the problems you fine-tuned away in your year of slaying problems? (Cause there are no problems showing now).

And is that lemon cake you lolly-popped so well? Running way up to 6 feet high?

Edited by pic book

Thanks man! what had to tune in most was the temperature, and the rhythm of a perpetual harvest. but I had a lot of instruction from a certain mad scientist.

it's really very easy. but I also have to say, the Dyna Gro lucas method feeding formula, works perfectly with this system, some heavy feeders like this one may yellow in late flower, but that's what they're supposed to do, you don't want a lot of nutrient build up when you harvest.

The big one is Iranian g 13 btw. A very high yielding strain.

Here is a medium yielding strain UK Cheese.

imagejpeg_2_5.jpg

Nice!

That purple nug looks tasty :bong7bp:

That's Chem Sour!

Well, Darkmatter, I have to revise my opinion of Iranian G13, because I've never had that bountiful, beautiful burst of bud from the strain when running it in soil in greenhouse, so congrats!

Here is a shot of the main cola at harvest. These big buds wi get even bigger soon as I am installing linear light movers soon! I should give me another 6" of light penetration which will increase the length of the top buds, as well as increase my yields.

HPIM7609.jpg

"Linear light movers should give me another 6" of penetration...increase the length of the top buds."

And how did you discover this? Side-by-side runs, or what somebody said?

"and higher yields"

again, side-by-side runs?

I'm curious, cause learning the truth about such matters can lead to spending money wisely, or wiser.

And congratulations on training that great-looking bud to grow to a shape like Sprite.

Edited by pic book

light movers arent that much.... try for yourself!

To try track movers I'd have to reconfig the flower room--take out 1/2 the lamps to make clear space for tracks. I'd want to do that if someone is speaking from having done it...I have exp. with Sun Circles--mcgyvered to 2x factory speed they pay, but you have to have clear space for them.

There was some excitement last year over removing leaves of flowering plants for higher yields, still waiting for confirmation from anyone(s) who got the intended result before I rip the leaves off my flowerings. Doing it is really cheap but does it "work"? And what about pounding a nail in each stem? The 'tricks' never stop.

The op of this 'laboratory', compete build and operate rdwc/ebb and flow, is something that's been proved versus a control. But lots of tricks haven't anything to them than 'they say'.

Edited by pic book

the pro-tekt will do that. try cutting down on that additive. I only add the silica about once a month anyway. it if the leaves snap off without making rope, the levels are fine. if you pull off a leaf and there's a foot of fibers ripped from the stem, you need more

I've never had a clog from the dandruff in the rez. the few clogs I've seen in the float valve have always been media or organic.

speaking of clogs in the float valve. when I go check the girls, I look in the control bucket. if it's empty, I always check the water level in the static depth tube. the water level should be flush just below the top of the tube. if the level is down more than an inch, something is preventing the system from flooding.check your timers, pumps and the float valve.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...