Medibles, Snacks, & Treats That Wont Kill Ya?

I’m new to meadibles and canna butter so I’m looking for ways to medicate without adding weight. Most all the great meadibles seem to be cookies, cakes, muffins, brownies, snicker doodles, peanut butter cups, ect…

What can be done to medicate with canna-butter on the “low fat” for those struggling with their weight or sugar issues?

An open discussion here will help push me in the right direction with my recipe search and it will help clear the “yummy fog” I’m stuck in. Also note that I’m not a good cook …YET…but I’ve continued to learn.

Share the love &,

Hyhopes :thumbsu:

The best oral consumption without adding some kind of fat in my opinion is rick simpson oil. take as little or as much as you need, in a capsule or by itself. I'm sure its pretty low cal too lol. Solves the cooking problem altogether too.

Try this.

Sugar Free Cannabis Elixer

Elixers are a safe and convenient way to ingest herbal medicines but recipes generally call for sugar as a preservative and sweetening agent.

This is fine for most folks but for diabetics too much sugar is detrimental to their health.

Studies that indicate cannabis helps with diabetes management so a sugar free elixer would be particularly helpful for those people and anyone on a low carb diet.

Here is a sugar free syrup that can be used in place of honey in our Elixer Recipe.

The ginger also helps to calm queasy stomachs and fight nausea.

To begin, thoroughly dry the herb to be used and make a strong tincture (190 proof is best). Grind it to a powder and then just cover with alcohol and let it stand somewhere dark for a couple weeks. After this is done strain the alcohol from the herb and save it. The herb is now spent and can be thrown out.

Place the tincture in a double boiler over ELECTRIC heat and reduce the volume in half.

After this add ½ the remaining volume of tincture in syrup and 4-6 vitamin E caps (e.g.: if you have 2 quarts of tincture after reducing you would add 1 quart of honey).

This is when you can add other herb tinctures and flavors (I use a root beer flavor base).

Continue to reduce the volume with constant stirring until you have nearly boiled it down to the original volume of syrup that you began with. Let this cool and bottle in dark glass, then store in the refrigerator.

Depending on the original strength of the herb, the dosage should be between a teaspoon and a couple tablespoons.

This basic recipe can be used to create an elixir from any tincture and the basic cannabis elixir can be modified for specific ailments.

Ingredients:

2 cups water

2" to 3" piece fresh ginger

1/2 teaspoon white stevia powder

1 tablespoons root beer extract

1 gram ascorbic acid powder (vitamin C)

Method:

2. Peel and finely chop the ginger
  3. Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
  4. Disolve the ascorbic acid powder.
  5. Add the ginger and stevia, reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes.
  6. Remove the ginger from the liquid
  7. Stir in the root beer extract.
  8. Cover and refrigerate.

Archived